Prices of the electricity we use to charge

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
The idea that this is some white working class revolution in response to immigration is nonsense. This is the usual crowd of racists that have always been around but now are whipped up into a frenzy by bad actors using social media.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
The idea that this is some white working class revolution in response to immigration is nonsense. This is the usual crowd of racists that have always been around but now are whipped up into a frenzy by bad actors using social media.
Yes - "Nothing to see here. The white working class are naturally racists. They have no valid complaint. I'm alright, so so must they be. They should have worked harder at school like me, then they could afford to live."

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Yes - "Nothing to see here. The white working class are naturally racists. They have no valid complaint. I'm alright, so so must they be. They should have worked harder at school like me, then they could afford to live."
That is not what I said at all. I said that this is "the usual crowd of racists that have always been around" & it is. Their numbers are small. How many have been involved in the rioting? Hundreds? Low thousands? They are a tiny fraction of the population & a tiny fraction of the white working class. They have always been around as there seems to be an irreducible number who embrace these views. They will be joined by those opportunists who are always up for a bit of violent disorder as they look forward to a ruck & a bit of looting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its live on sky news

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
it's the rise of christian nationalists, like those who follow Trump until the end of the earth. They are here in Europe all over.
The distance between 'far right' and CN is fairly small.
"Since 2013, the Camino has attracted more than 200,000 pilgrims each year, "

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Two women formerly involved Patriotic Alternative – a far right group whose most active chapter is in Scotland – have described how they suffered depression and suicidal thoughts after misogynistic abuse and threats by its supporters. "

“Incels” are not particularly right-wing or white, but they are extremely depressed, anxious, and lonely, according to new research

Incels 30 times more likely to be autistic, study finds

Autism Spectrum Disorder is ‘correlate not a cause’ of extreme acts of violence, authors warns

Record number of female prison guards are fired for having sex with male inmates in the past three years - with 29 officers given the sack

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Does it really matter that somebody has a swastika tattoo that looked pretty fake or photoshopped anyway? Did the guy do anything wrong or was he just standing there watching? When I was a teenager, many guys had swastika tattoos. Nobody cared. You're complaining about a picture (probably fake) on a guy's back that didn't harm anyone. Why aren't you complaining about the 3 kids getting killed, the rest that got stabbed and the grief caused to all their family and friends. What caused that? Why are you focusing on the people that are complaining about it? You've completely lost the plot as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Why protest dey happun across cities for UK

"As e dey follow tori pipo tok from Downing Street, Sir Keir Starmer say those wey dey involved go feel di "full force of the law".
"You go regret say you follow for dis," e tell those wey dey involved for di kasala wey burst for parts of di kontri.
"Justification no dey for taking dia action.

"I no go shy away from calling am wetin e be - far-right thuggery," Starmer tok."

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
"Footage showed men fighting with large blades by the beach and high street in Southend-on-Sea on Tuesday evening. "

"Mostly peaceful", possibly "Welshhh", so were let play, but only so far, righ-ot side of pier? ;)
(Did i leave out any kode buzzwords?)

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"14 tests, only 1 of which said it was safe" and they went ahead!(puke) :-(
The French baron who revived the Olympics believed they were more than sport – they were a religion of perfection and peace

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Opponents of deep sea mining suffered a serious setback Friday when they failed to take a first step toward an international moratorium on the controversial practice. "