Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Would you take a lump sum of £40.15 a year? That would be kind of you because we are up to our necks in paper work at the mo... :D Oh by the way the benefit of being in the EU is still being calculated when we get it worked out we will send you an invoice for that. :rolleyes:

HMRC
I've changed my mind, if I pay £40.15 a year can I stay in the EU? and if the Benefit of being in the Being in the EU is more, is it Tax Deductable?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Sun
"
'11TH HOUR'
Britain’s Brexit negotiators pledge to wait for two years before signing off on EU divorce bill

BRITAIN faces the wrath of EU leaders after saying it is willing to wait until the ‘11th hour’ in 2019 before agreeing a figure for a Brexit divorce bill.

And the UK’s negotiating team may even delay spelling out its opening position on the principles of a future financial settlement until October.

Bring them home, they are wasting taxpayers money

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've changed my mind, if I pay £40.15 a year can I stay in the EU? and if the Benefit of being in the Being in the EU is more, is it Tax Deductable?
Now there's an idea, why can't we each pay for personal membership and receive an EU passport and ID card to claim our entitlements like freedom of travel etc., or make use of EU facilities like the ECJ.

And of course not pay our share of the Brexit exit charge.

Makes perfect sense and would put paid to the Leaver versus Remainer disputes.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Now there's an idea, why can't we each pay for personal membership and receive an EU passport and ID card to claim our entitlements like freedom of travel etc., or make use of EU facilities like the ECJ.

I love it 'flecc'!

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Co

Count me in!

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the independent
"
EU set to halt Brexit talks ‘because the UK is not ready’
Second round of financial negotiations appear to hit the wall after less than 24 hours
The second round of the negotiations appeared to have run into trouble within 24 hours of resuming in Brussels, over the vexed issue of the so-called “divorce bill”

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, was preparing to tell the British side that the negotiations served little purpose until Britain engaged seriously with the issue of payments.

“Financial settlement is the priority,” one EU diplomat told the Politico website.
“The EU will not walk away from talks but will stall them. The impression we got so far is that the UK is not ready for these talks.”
Another EU diplomat said: “It is reasonable to expect the Brits to say something other than ‘we will not pay a penny.’ If that’s not the case, what is there to talk about?”
The warning comes after eyebrows were raised over David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, leaving the talks after just one hour on Monday.
Mr Davis made only a flying visit to Brussels, speaking with Mr Barnier for no more than 15 minutes, before heading back to London and leaving the negotiations to his officials.

The question has to be what is the point of carrying on with this Farcical Charade?
Davis and the Chief idiot have no intention of even trying to negotiate as they don't want an agreement.

They just want to be able to Blame the EU for the failure of negotiations as they have for everything else for the last Forty odd years.

Ah well we may as well enjoy "Brexicide the Never ending Nightmare"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
From the independent
"
Second round of financial negotiations appear to hit the wall after less than 24 hours
The second round of the negotiations appeared to have run into trouble within 24 hours of resuming in Brussels, over the vexed issue of the so-called “divorce bill”

Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, was preparing to tell the British side that the negotiations served little purpose until Britain engaged seriously with the issue of payments.

“Financial settlement is the priority,” one EU diplomat told the Politico website.
“The EU will not walk away from talks but will stall them. The impression we got so far is that the UK is not ready for these talks.”
Another EU diplomat said: “It is reasonable to expect the Brits to say something other than ‘we will not pay a penny.’ If that’s not the case, what is there to talk about?”
The warning comes after eyebrows were raised over David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, leaving the talks after just one hour on Monday.
Mr Davis made only a flying visit to Brussels, speaking with Mr Barnier for no more than 15 minutes, before heading back to London and leaving the negotiations to his officials.

The question has to be what is the point of carrying on with this Farcical Charade?
Davis and the Chief idiot have no intention of even trying to negotiate as they don't want an agreement.

They just want to be able to Blame the EU for the failure of negotiations as they have for everything else for the last Forty odd years.

The U.K. Is not ready....is that political speak that the negotiations have reached the money stage....the EU have probably produced an account with a big number on it,probably close to the 100 billion euroes. We have a back of fag packet calculation that is 2 years of contributions less what they owe us,call it £50 quid for cash.
Hence the EU is saying we are not ready,not ready to do as they say!!!!
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
From the independent
"

.. It would desirable to stop this charade. A house divided against itself cannot stand and that quite simply is the UK position. The only honourable thing would be for them to admit that they are not currently in a position to proceed, ask for an adjournment, and request the EU parliment for that. It is not within the gift of Barnier to do so but he presumably is not interested in flogging a dead horse. Everybody in the rest of Europe and presumably a large fraction within the UK know this.
There is a need for someone, anyone in the UK to state this inconvenient truth....

(Is that a record for the number of clichés in the same paragraph)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Months ago I did a posting that we could keep going on bullshit,but the negotiations would fail the minute the EU asked for the £87 billion.
Neither Leavers or Remainers ever thought that we were giving them any money,many Leavers thought only about the £350 million per week that we would not be giving the EU and spend it on the NHS.
Look at the arguments in and out of cabinet about the £1billion to the DUP,the £4billion to the NHS,the £1.2 billion to schools. Boris was right in his usual diplomatic speak,they can go whistle for it.....but they will say the UK can go whistle for any future trade deal.
We should drop out of negotiations or forget about Brexit,we are never going to agree on the money.
Doing well so far....N.I. Is on the back burner,we haven't sorted the EU in UK residents and now we are arguing about the money.
KudosDave

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm a happy man: Monty Python's Flying Circus is back on the telly! The actors have changed but they are just as ridiculous... :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm a happy man: Monty Python's Flying Circus is back on the telly! The actors have changed but they are just as ridiculous... :rolleyes:
Davis: "You have insulted the Good name of the UK!"

Barnier: "Don't be ridiculous, the UK HASNT GOT A GOOD NAME!":p

Style of thing?
Works for me:cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Telegraph
"
'A direct threat to UK security'Russians hacked energy companies on election day and could have brought Britain to its knees, GCHQ claims"

Putin must have intervened and said, don't bother.
The UK is bringing itself to it's knees without our help, poor devils, leave the alone I'm enjoying this!

Just a simple question; why would the Russians want to do that?
You might be surprised to hear that almost 60% of the UK’s energy comes from abroad. We import coal from Russia, gas from Norway and uranium from Kazakhstan.

Strange Customer service!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
(Is that a record for the number of clichés in the same paragraph)
looking back through this thread, it's a fair effort, but the competition is stiff and there is more talent for the "Duck billed Platitudes" award among us than even the Conservatives can field

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The government has its priorities all wrong and this HS2 project is a nonsense, designed only to provide enormous income for the industry friends of the tory party with massive, untraceable 'bonuses' to the politicians responsible for driving the project through parliament.

I really cannot imagine a more irresponsible drain on the public purse during times of austerity for the common people than this sheer, vanity project. Who needs it? Who wants it? What benefits will it provide? What disruption will be caused? There are so many questions that have never been satisfactorily answered, yet the tories have persisted in dogmatically pursuing this wholly unnecessary folly.

This picture beautifully encapsulates what HS2 really is:

methode-times-prod-web-bin-1402e430-6b1c-11e7-bbfb-4556e0d95963.jpg

Tom

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Sorry to hear about the weather disaster at Coverack yesterday, yet rather than express sympathy with the unfortunate residents, the moron readers of the Sun still use this as an opportunity to attack Corbyn!

"Percy 7 hours ago

Well I expect to see corbyn there tomorrow with his left wing rent a mob, blaming may for it all and then a celebrity charity single released in there name and finally seeing them put up in £m penthouses!

I mean it's only fair isn't it!

jbird65 5 hours ago
@Percy No doublt they think the anti-christ will make the water recede and there will be no penthouse for these people. It's Cornwall, so they'll be mostly white, law abiding tax payers, so they're on their own.

John Tunstall 10 hours ago

No doubt Corbyn will soon be there, hugging a Cornish pasty whilst wiping away an imaginary tear and blaming May for this..."

You have to wonder just how thick some of them really are!

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The government has its priorities all wrong and this HS2 project is a nonsense,
I've got different feelings about this Tom. The UK is decades behind everyone else with surface transport links, be they rail or motorway. To compare with our European neighbours we should have at least HS1 to HS5 now, connecting all main regions of Great Britain together and with the continent. Our roads wouldn't be so clogged with heavy trucks then.

But of course now we are leaving the EU and there's a real prospect of declining trade with mainland Europe, that need might well diminish, such is the irrational way we are approaching the future.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Woosh

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The stupid bit about HS2 is its not going to link with HS1.
Commonsense (bit lacking with this government) is that you catch the Eurostar(HS1) from Europe which teminuses at St Pancras. Then you have to walk out of St Pancras and walk/taxi or tube to Euston to board HS2 to the north. Those stations are only 500 yds apart....surely St Pancras should be a through station and you stay on the train for Birmingham and Manchester.
They talk about a need for capacity,make all the first class coaches into standard class and instantly 4 more coaches on every train,there is hardly anyone in first class,except government officials.
KudosDave

• Agree

Advertisers