Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
... Trailor , turncoat, shure this only the wetness of the rain that makes the Irish so green. They may have more sun in Spain and only have rain on the plains, but what other small country could give you the four seasons including sun ,rain, sleet , storm's and snow on the same day!
In Yorkshire we only need a few minutes to achieve that, and it can be worse in the winter months.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Expats are priority #1 in the forthcoming negotiation.
they could have expressed some preference regarding the expats to quiet their fears. They could start negotiating now. We are waiting for them, not the other way round.
The UK government is quite clear on expats for months now. We have no objection to residency as long as the applicants have health insurance and can support themselves financially.

.. there are two groups in question

EU citizens of UK origin living away from the UK. This is the group normally referred to as expats

And
EU citizens of non UK origin living in the UK. This group has different names ranging from EU immigrants, to spongers , to expats , to valued work colleagues depending on the audience.
To which do you refer?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You haven't experienced French officialdom, have you? down to the comma and 'tiret'.
eg https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiret
.. my few encounters with French officials have all been very pleasant . I have a maison secondaire , and need to deal with local authorities occasionally. I have found the local officials chatty , unfussed, well organised , but unable to deal with the unexpected or non routine.
In case of point, a number of years ago I wanted to join the local library, and they could not handle cash. It was intended that people would use a french credit card "carte bleu" i think. The solution eventually was the library assistant used his and I gave him cash.
The greatest difficulties I have had are in relation to telephone internet services, where the politeness of the staff at orange and the inflexibility of their software is at odds.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
All would go along swimmingly until you arrive, doing your impression of Rab C, Nesbit, hit the bar and open your mouth.
At this point no doubt we would discover if indeed the Spanish eschew the attitudes to have attributed to them.
We would be betting how many minutes before the locals helped you into the street. and whether it would be via the door or through the window.
Now that would add a "Fiesta feeling" to the evening.
Thanks for kind offer OG, afraid I couldn't cope with excitement of you, Tom and Robdon in same bar...having said that by all means come and join me in Alicante October...my Spanish mates need a new display for their shop window...
They even have caravans in Benidorm...so I,ve heard, you,d fit in perfect ..fat arseholes are in vogue there. Even the gobby know it all bigoted type ...

• Offensive Language
  • Disagree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have a maison secondaire , and need to deal with local authorities occasionally. I have found the local officials chatty , unfussed, well organised , but unable to deal with the unexpected or non routine.
they usually are not very busy and they also like to practice a little bit their foreign language skill. In my town (Normandy), the library opens only on Thursdays between 11AM and 2PM but everyone is welcome, even 'the British', and they are not asked for proof of residence to take books out.

• Informative

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I see now why you are doing well there.
Amazing how you don't actually read anything...Sold up in France and Spain...I,m heading for pastures new in Caribbean..(BVI)
After 15 years running business in Spain with my time spent equally between France/ Spain /Uk I think I have a good knowledge of how countries and people in them actually work ( well actually dont in Spain) But hey, you can glean all your knowledge of EU without ever leaving Hull...take my flat cap off to you there OG...
Spain is in a severe mess...its sinking...it needs EU and every Euro it get hold of.But that's not the side of EU anybody wants you to know about...so its to be expected you know feck all about Spain or the real EU...you have been conned...and you don't even know..
Satan's best trick was getting everybody to think he didn't exist...well that doesn't even compare with the con EU has done..to some old fools. The one about them stopping war is classic...They have done nothing...literally..
Anybody who has lived in Spain, certain parts of France ir Greece would never hold EU up as a shining light for anything.

• Offensive Language
  • Dislike
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Amazing how you don't actually read anything...Sold up in France and Spain...I,m heading for pastures new in Caribbean..(BVI)
After 15 years running business in Spain with my time spent equally between France/ Spain /Uk I think I have a good knowledge of how countries and people in them actually work ( well actually dont in Spain) But hey, you can glean all your knowledge of EU without ever leaving Hull...take my flat cap off to you there OG...
Spain is in a severe mess...its sinking...it needs EU and every Euro it get hold of.But that's not the side of EU anybody wants you to know about...so its to be expected you know feck all about Spain or the real EU...you have been conned...and you don't even know..
Satan's best trick was getting everybody to think he didn't exist...well that doesn't even compare with the con EU has done..to some old fools. The one about them stopping war is classic...They have done nothing...literally..
Anybody who has lived in Spain, certain parts of France ir Greece would never hold EU up as a shining light for anything.
And it seems you have learned nothing along the way, have you?
Just another donkey chasing an illusory carrot, and so full of angst and jealousy, with no interest in other people except how to exploit them.
And now having messed on your own doorstep, you are fleeing to the Caribbean?
Leaving everyone else to clear up the mess you've made.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Offensive Language
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You have a vivid imagination OG and again if you actually read my posts you,d know I will still be living in UK...idiot.
Ah so now it seems after all you will be living in the Uk as an idiot?
And merely going to the Caribbean to milk the locals. So that's what you mean by pastures new.
Thank you for explaining

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You have a vivid imagination OG and again if you actually read my posts you,d know I will still be living in UK...idiot.
If your point was that the BVI is part of the UK, I think you are mistaken. It is a crown dependency, not the same thing.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
If your point was that the BVI is part of the UK, I think you are mistaken. It is a crown dependency, not the same thing.
No, it wasn't. Business is in BVI , I,m in UK...Pastures new is out of Spain,France in a business sense...
And the only folk I,ll be milking ( OG's term presumably meaning making a profit from, obviously an impossible concept for any business OG has anything to do with) will be tourists,mainly American,a few Brits and Germans. My business employs 5 locals and utilises the services of 3 other companies.
Business OG, in the real world is symbiotic. Its not exploitation as portrayed in stupid left wing propoganda garbage you read.( OG, not Danidl)
If OG put as much effort into reading posts and understanding what's going on as he did trying to put people down he,d probably make some sense.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No, it wasn't. Business is in BVI , I,m in UK...Pastures new is out of Spain,France in a business sense...
And the only folk I,ll be milking ( OG's term presumably meaning making a profit from, obviously an impossible concept for any business OG has anything to do with) will be tourists,mainly American,a few Brits and Germans. My business employs 5 locals and utilises the services of 3 other companies.
Business OG, in the real world is symbiotic. Its not exploitation as portrayed in stupid left wing propoganda garbage you read.( OG, not Danidl)
If OG put as much effort into reading posts and understanding what's going on as he did trying to put people down he,d probably make some sense.
In other words you are opening a business in the Tourism industry, so why since you have no interest in what goes on in the UK did you allegedly vote to damage it?
No wonder you have no sympathy with the general public, they are as alien to you as Martians, aren't they?
I don't put people down, your own utterances do that, but somehow you manage to avoid seeing it..
Symbiotic business eh? you have managed to take advantage of the EU for years and presumably see that Brexit is going to make it harder to pull a "fast one" in Europe from now on, so out of the window goes the old "Symbiotic business relationship" with the EU,now the suckers in the Caribbean are going to come in handy.
That rather confirms my remark about leaving the mess you have made behind, doesn't it.
And remind me who was the one exhorting me to step up to the mark to help the good old country after Brexit?
Rather like the joke about the Airliner in trouble and over the intercom the Captain announces to the Passengers.
"This is the Captain speaking, we have encountered a technical problem and if you look out of the Port side windows you will see Two parachutes opening, the Co-pilot and I have gone to get help."
You are unfortunately, only too easy to understand.
Perhaps there are some businesses that are not "Exploitative" but then anything however improbable is possible.

Last edited:

Advertisers