Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I recommend that everyone downloads the inspirational film
"The Mouse that Roared" as being the most likely method of ensuring a bright and successful future for this "Sceptred Isle set in a Silver Sea"
Highly recommeded.

Ok the Silver Sea is stretching credibility a bit as of the coast near Hull it's more of a Chocolate Brown.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
They setup two courts which have done an enormous amount of good.

As you requested, that 's just one of the vast number of good things that the EU has done.
No they did not. The ECHR came from Council of Europe and includes countries outside EU but in Europe.( if they signed convention)

Reactions: Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wrong direction, the blame for these is more likely to be westwards, our too close association with the USA and its grossly overweight population.
Thank's Flecc you have reminded me what to have for dinner, just off for a "Big Mac with fries, go large, a Cadbury's Egg Mac Flurry and coffee laced with sugar."
All low calorie and Cholesterol
Got to watch those sugar and fat levels haven't we?
Sorted as they say, none of this European Mediterrancean Diet Rubbish for me!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I recommend that everyone downloads the inspirational film
"The Mouse that Roared" as being the most likely method of ensuring a bright and successful future for this "Sceptred Isle set in a Silver Sea"
Highly recommeded.

Ok the Silver Sea is stretching credibility a bit as of the coast near Hull it's more of a Chocolate Brown.
Rubbish again OG..just put UK down at every possible opportunity. Why do you stay here if its so rubbish.
And as normal everything good about UK you attribute to EU ( which is ridiculous) and everything bad to our government. Its very sad really, to think you,ve spent your entire life unhappy with UK..you really need to live somewhere else for a while..
And BTW Mediterranean diet includes Piza,Falafel,feta cheese,baclava,salami,kebabs and plenty of fried creepy crawly things..That should keep your cholesterol up..( frying in olive oil is no better than frying in fat)
You have to be selective with any diet and not make sweeping statements like you tend to..

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
should we also see our low economic productivity as a result of staying too long inside the EU?
How about sugar consumption and obesity?
Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke?
Compare advertising bugets for fast food companies to how much our government's invests into NHS preventative public health budgets. Not much to do with EU but our own govts - and what they do so is decried as acting as 'nannying state'.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Rubbish again OG..just put UK down at every possible opportunity. Why do you stay here if its so rubbish.
And as normal everything good about UK you attribute to EU ( which is ridiculous) and everything bad to our government. Its very sad really, to think you,ve spent your entire life unhappy with UK..you really need to live somewhere else for a while..
And BTW Mediterranean diet includes Piza,Falafel,feta cheese,baclava,salami,kebabs and plenty of fried creepy crawly things..That should keep your cholesterol up..( frying in olive oil is no better than frying in fat)
You have to be selective with any diet and not make sweeping statements like you tend to..
You really are great fun aren't you? instantly hostile describes you completely and utterly lacking in a sense of humour too.
This country is fine what it suffers from is a surfeit of self promoting greedy blighters who want to profit from other people and disadvantage them.
They lack any sort of social conscience and think it is their natural right to tell others the rat race is how the world works., and to hell with the poor, sick needy or lesser intelligent
Do you recognise anyone from that description?
of course not, you see yourself not as a drain on resources, but they very stuff of the entrepenerial spirit don't you.
Society is a much more catholic grouping that the sordid faction you admire and imagine to be worthy.
I have a happy and serence state of mind, not the judgemental one that has infected you, that imagines it understands me.
You aren't wise enough to do that and never will be.
Stick to what you know.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And BTW Mediterranean diet includes Piza,Falafel,feta cheese,baclava,salami,kebabs and plenty of fried creepy crawly things
Yum..
Heaven.
Does it seem to you that brexiters are recently a lot more factual than remainers?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The EU have already confirmed in writing that they would allow us to delete A50 and stay in. The EU seem to be taking a moderate view of negotiations,it is May who is already taking an aggressive stance.
KudosDave
.. KudosDave , I would appreciate a link or other objective evidence that any assurance exists from official EU sources allowing a withdrawal of the secession letter. I like to think I have been following this closely, that is not my understanding.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
'Danidl', there is no point engaging in a battle of wits with someone who is only half-prepared. Internet forums are littered with trolls just like this one and the phenomenon has prompted several studies into the motives and motivation of these sad, unwelcome, argumentative and quarelsome individuals.

When all is said and done, they are best ignored according to what I understand.

Tom
Tom I have been suffering fools gladly all my life, why would I make an exception now?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Which one of the leave promises, or shall we call them aims is going to happen then?

it does all seem to be falling apart doesn't it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-theresa-may-immigration-borders-closed-open-europe-eu-migrants-fantasy-a7667586.html
you are still fighting the last battle.
Let's wait a little bit longer, we'll see better by Christmas.
Eventually, we'll pay in less to the EU's budget, the UK will be less attractive to migrant workers and we'll make our own laws.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
you are still fighting the last battle.
Let's wait a little bit longer, we'll see better by Christmas.
Eventually, we'll pay in less to the EU's budget, the UK will be less attractive to migrant workers and we'll make our own laws.
So we're going to curb immigration by making our country less attractive... wow. You do realise we didn't need to leave the EU to do that?

and

which laws do you want to change?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Which one of EU aims has been achieved in 40 years ???OK fair point Luxembourg has climbed up the list. Of GDP per capita ...brilliant.
using childrens news to hopefully make it simple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_2130000/newsid_2139000/2139071.stm

These are the five big things the EU has set out to do.

1. Promote economic and social progress.
Help people earn enough money and get treated fairly.

2. Speak for the European Union on the international scene.
By working as a group the EU hopes that Europe will be listened to more by other countries.

3. Introduce European citizenship.
Anyone from a member state is a citizen of the EU and gets four special rights.

4. Develop Europe as an area of freedom, security and justice.
Help Europeans to live in safety, without the threat of war.

5. Maintain and build on established EU law.
Make laws that protect peoples rights in the member countries.

I think they're achieving all of them aren't they??

Which of their aims do you think they are failing at our down right lying about?

• Agree
Reactions: Danidl and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So we're going to curb immigration by making our country less attractive... wow.

and

which laws do you want to change?
future laws will be made by Westminster, not Brussels. That is important to some, and likely better for the UK.
The point about making our country less attractive to EU migrants may seem counter-intuitive to you but on long term, it is the right thing for us. Don't forget, we don't have a language barrier like other EU countries.

• Dislike
future laws will be made by Westminster, not Brussels. That is important to some, and likely better for the UK.
The point about making our country less attractive to EU migrants may seem counter-intuitive to you but on long term, it is the right thing for us. Don't forget, we don't have a language barrier like other EU countries.
There is so much wrong with this single post that I don't know where to start. I'll just pick 2.

You can't think of a law you'd like to change, but for some reason you think London will be better with no influence. If that was the case, the UK would still be on 200w eBikes... just as an example.

And you're seriously seriously suggesting the best way to control immigration (which is recognised by everyone as beneficial to us) is to trash our country so no one wants to come, and this now trashed country will be better for working people who voted leave.. how??

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In your opinion..and hypothetically and that's not what you originally said.
Nonsense. From the Treaty of Rome and the founding of the Coal and Steel Community, there has been one organisation dedicated towards union and stated to be so. As the steps in that direction have been achieved by treaty and expansion, the organisation's name has evolved through to the present name of the EU. We already know the final evolutionary intention, the union becoming one federated country. But at every stage it has been the one organisation.

Zlatan, you are an anti-EU bigot, proven by your self-admitted inability to see anything that the EU has achieved, despite the huge scale of its achievements.

• Agree

Advertisers