Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I'm not sure of that. Had to use an NHS Lenovo laptop recently (admittedly the cheapest most dysfunctional **** some inept manager in supplies could source and load with maddeningly slow crap like care notes etc). But the battery conked after two months, the keyboard has a cheap lifeless plastic resonance and the hard drive is glacial slow. My first desktop (back in the nineties) was an IBM 486, and that was ergonomically a very different beast
Well I am writing this on a Lenovo T450, and it is as good as any model of laptop I ever had... at work it was Dell Latitudes we tended to get , and I still have a HP Elitebook, all Business Standard machines. The innards of this T450 are impeccable ... just like the IBM PS2 range I once purchased for labs. The only major change I have made was to replace the very poor LCD screen, with a Amazon sourced FHD .. and it is now a delightful machine.... best 80 euro on any part I ever spent.. The keyboard is very good.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This cricketer is Batty
Apparently according to this dangerous intellectual
"England is an Island"

I guess Scotland and Wales must be too?:cool:
A little history
jojo77@fbpe_jojo77
·
21h

Let nobody forget that Ian Botham posted a pic of his cock on this very website once. But yeah, let’s give the c**t a knighthood for supporting national suicide.
Is Annan Water , that deep? perhaps the Severn has silted up , linking northern Wales to Liverpool.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Entirely wrong-headed. Perfectly reasonable to hope not to need to lockdown but his statement ends up meaning:

If he does need to lockdown, it will reflect badly on this statement, so he will try to avoid it. The result being, just like Lockdown 1, it will be imposed too late. Therefore, even more will die and suffer the impact of covid-19. It also shows his attitude to failure. If he does need to impose Lockdown 2, he will have failed in this claim and should forfeit his job. But he won't.

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson insists he can avoid second England-wide lockdown

PM says reimposition of national measures is ‘nuclear deterrent’ he hopes never to use

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Boris's 'World-beating' track & trace suffers consequences of holding a bring your disease to work day...

A potential cluster of Covid-19 cases is being investigated in North Lanarkshire, health officials have confirmed.
BBC Scotland understands the outbreak involves a call centre which carries out coronavirus contact tracing for Public Health England.
One employee said he believed at least seven of his colleagues had tested positive.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris's 'World-beating' track & trace suffers consequences of holding a bring your disease to work day...

A potential cluster of Covid-19 cases is being investigated in North Lanarkshire, health officials have confirmed.
BBC Scotland understands the outbreak involves a call centre which carries out coronavirus contact tracing for Public Health England.
One employee said he believed at least seven of his colleagues had tested positive.
I saw that ....

Blackburn and Darwen are managing the spectacular level of 44% success in track and trace. I suppose that is world beating for the simple reason no-one else is doing any tracking and tracing for Blackburn and Darwen.

Maybe half the people who are supposed to be tracking and tracing are off sick in Lanarkshire?

Eddie Mair was so right.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It could only happen here
https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/covid-19-outbreak-confirmed-at-nhs-test-and-trace-call-centre/

A cluster of Covid-19 infections has been confirmed at an NHS Test and Trace call centre forcing all staff to work from home.
The NHS Test and Trace call centre in North Lanarkshire has been plunged into special measures with staff forced to leave the site while a deep clean takes place.

The local health board have been brought in to help try and suppress the outbreak which broke out at the Sitel site in Motherwell.

UK........... AKA............Unfortunate Kingdom............

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/covid-19-outbreak-confirmed-at-nhs-test-and-trace-call-centre/

A cluster of Covid-19 infections has been confirmed at an NHS Test and Trace call centre forcing all staff to work from home.
The NHS Test and Trace call centre in North Lanarkshire has been plunged into special measures with staff forced to leave the site while a deep clean takes place.

The local health board have been brought in to help try and suppress the outbreak which broke out at the Sitel site in Motherwell.

UK........... AKA............Unfortunate Kingdom............
Not that there is anything necessarily wrong about this, but it does rather jump out that this is an English track and trace unit being operated from a Scottish site.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How many more foxes paws?

Privacy campaigners say England's test and trace programme has broken a key data protection law.

The Department of Health has conceded the initiative to trace contacts of people infected with Covid-19 was launched without carrying out an assessment of its impact on privacy.

The Open Rights Group (ORG) says the admission means the initiative has been unlawful since it began on 28 May.

The government said there is no evidence of data being used unlawfully.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53466471

So it's fine to break the law if no-one is shown to have done something awful. Sort-of, it is OK to have a gun if you don't shoot anyone.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
How many more foxes paws?

Privacy campaigners say England's test and trace programme has broken a key data protection law.

The Department of Health has conceded the initiative to trace contacts of people infected with Covid-19 was launched without carrying out an assessment of its impact on privacy.

The Open Rights Group (ORG) says the admission means the initiative has been unlawful since it began on 28 May.

The government said there is no evidence of data being used unlawfully.

So it's fine to break the law if no-one is shown to have done something awful. Sort-of, it is OK to have a gun if you don't shoot anyone.
Its OK to have a gun, if nobody knows you have it!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

It's not just that G5 encourages Covid. Infection can spread over phone lines and regular mobile as well. This is proved (not fake news) by this infection in the call centre that explicitly targets Covid patients and their contacts.

(not sure about its effect over forums and email)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's not just that G5 encourages Covid. Infection can spread over phone lines and regular mobile as well. This is proved (not fake news) by this infection in the call centre that explicitly targets Covid patients and their contacts.

(not sure about its effect over forums and email)
That's right, Covid-19 is also a psycho-somatic virus, imagining one has contracted it induces its symptoms and consequent illness. In extreme cases of hysteria, death can result.

As such, it is just as dangerous to forum users and email recipients.

The only effective defence is to induce a blank mind state. This is why the majority of the UK population don't contract it, since a blank mind is their natural state.

Last edited:

Advertisers