Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Shows what they think of us - the electorate and citizens of the UK. Because, end of line, they would have to accept some degree of external control.
We already have, the Great Repeal Bill passed into UK law every EU law we've ever adopted. That includes many instances of the European Court being the final arbiter and all are agreed that the WA is not truly leaving the EU but keeping us largely in. That is why parliament vote it down many times, only giving up in the end out of the futility of opposing it.

Boris Johnson agreed to that WA and is now trying to save face by aggressive bluffing to make it look the opposite.

Last edited:

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Meanwhile, somewhere in North Carolina...

Trump 'not concerned at all' after CPAC guest tests positive for coronavirus

Both Donald Trump and Mike Pence were at the conservative conference but did not have contact with attendee, organization says

Donald Trump has said he isn’t concerned at all about the coronavirus getting closer to the White House after it was revealed that an attendee at grassroots conservative conference CPAC had tested positive.

On a day when it also emerged that the nation’s capital had recorded its first case, the American Conservative Union said on Saturday that a participant at CPAC, which was attended by both Trump and the US vice-president, Mike Pence, had tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/07/cpac-coronavirus-conference-trump-pence

We are probably all familiar with the idea that pilots of aircraft eat different meals to avoid two going down with food poisoning together. We have probably heard that in times of extreme alert, the US vice president is taken somewhere out of the way so they survive whatever happens to the president.

Yet, the current idots both go to a large gathering. And express total lack of concern awareness .
Let us pray...

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don’t place my trust in just one measure. It’s important to have redundancy built into your cleanliness routine. This is me going to the shops for some milk and Vaseline earlier this morning.
View attachment 34249
I understand the need for Vaseline ..that tight outfit will chafe unbearably in the important areas.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Let us pray...
I think there's a fair chance Trump won't get a second term. He didn't get the majority of votes last time and only got in by a quirk in their system. It only needs a tiny shift for him to lose and it already seems very likely the House of Representatives at least will change to a democrat majority.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
UK coronavirus LIVE: Two new cases in Wales brings UK total to 211 as millions of volunteers lined up to help fight outbreak
Sounds like the people have done the appropriate things - but it is too darned close for comfort.

Both patients are from the Pembrokeshire area and live in the same household.

They have recently visited Northern Italy and have been in self-isolation since their return to Wales, Public Health Wales (PHW) said in a statement.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I think there's a fair chance Trump won't get a second term. He didn't get the majority of votes last time and only got in by a quirk in their system. It only needs a tiny shift for him to lose and it already seems very likely the House of Representatives at least will change to a democrat majority.
The Dems have secured Trump a second term with their sour faced loser routine. It’s guaranteed. I stumbled across a pro Trump group in Cocoa Beach Florida yesterday.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I believe Mustique is still without any recorded cases...
That's because they don't grow rice, which is the source of the coronavirus, not bats.

Just look at the evidence. It popped up in China, spread throughout the oriental rice growing countries, it's infected the two main regions in India, north and far south where their rice is grown and now Italy has put their north in lockdown which is where they grow the arborio risotto rice in Piedmont. I know that because it's where my Italian farming family grow it.

Now I'll just wait to see how quickly this theory spreads across the internet. :D

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
It only needs a tiny shift for him to lose and it already seems very likely the House of Representatives at least will change to a democrat majority.
I thought the Democrats already had a majority in the house. flecc doesn't tend to make many mistakes though so I wonder if he has set a little trap here. Are the Democrats currently one or two seats short of an overall majority?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
It would be nice to be able to say "I believe this"
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-coronavirus-live-covid19-cases-death-toll-a4381406.html
UK coronavirus LIVE: Two new cases in Wales brings UK total to 211 as millions of volunteers lined up to help fight outbreak

And in the Sun the Army of volunteers already exists
"

ALL HANDS ON DECK Army of three million volunteers ready to fight coronavirus outbreak

We are living in a world of make believe
Yeah and when all the surviving volunteers have come off the NHS frontline they can redeploy to farms and fields for fresh air picking crops.

I know BJ thinks he's the living reincarnation of Churchill but I'll believe that when I see Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice as Land Girls.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I thought the Democrats already had a majority in the house. flecc doesn't tend to make many mistakes though so I wonder if he has set a little trap here. Are the Democrats currently one or two seats short of an overall majority?
No trap, it appears they do have a majority. I haven't been following very closely so may have been mislead by reporting which indicated a probable overall shift in political control to the democrats.

We'd need the Senate to change for Trump to be stymied if he got into power again, but there's no evidence of that happening that I can see.

Reactions: Nev

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Before germaphobe Trump pops his clogs from his close encounter, maybe we could splash out and get him in for his expertise as a coronovirus consultant

The NHS will get "whatever resources it needs" to cope with a coronavirus epidemic, Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said ahead of Wednesday's Budget.

He told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show "strong" economic foundations meant he could provide additional funding.

Trump, spoke of his purported grasp of science on Friday at the CDC, saying: ‘I like this stuff. I really get it.

‘People are surprised that I understand it.

'Every one of these doctors said: "How do you know so much about this?"

Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.'

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That's because they don't grow rice, which is the source of the coronavirus, not bats.

Just look at the evidence. It popped up in China, spread throughout the oriental rice growing countries, it's infected the two main regions in India, north and far south where their rice is grown and now Italy has put their north in lockdown which is where they grow the arborio risotto rice in Piedmont. I know that because it's where my Italian farming family grow it.

Now I'll just wait to see how quickly this theory spreads across the internet. :D
I haven't seen any rice growing here... Maybe it is secret rice growing?

Maybe they meant to grow Cannabis sativa but got confused and accidentally planted Oryza sativa?

Advertisers