Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You don't watch much TV do you OG? Every single day of the year multiple attacks on spelling and grammar are committed in captions all around the world. At least in the two languages I read fluently - I bet I am missing some Spanish corkers as well!
This it true, I don't, usually any channel with adverts puts me to sleep!

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
63% who didn't vote wtf...….What about the 90% that didn't vote for him.
Unless we make voting compulsory, this will always be the case.
Happily (i hope) representative democracy trumps. According to laura kuenssburgh customs union or another referendum will end up as hoc choice. Heres to hoping may gets nowhere tomorrow.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Happily (i hope) representative democracy trumps. According to laura kuenssburgh customs union or another referendum will end up as hoc choice. Heres to hoping may gets nowhere tomorrow.
How would she be able to present it tomorrow?. Was it not already rejected yesterday by the Speaker?. A threat or promise to retire does not make a substantial change.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
How would she be able to present it tomorrow?. Was it not already rejected yesterday by the Speaker?. A threat or promise to retire does not make a substantial change.
Getting rid of her could be in John Bercow's eyes. He is after all a Labour MP!
i gather from bbc she may if she doesn't get her deal through ask for a very long extension on monday from eu. it could become a horror movie in which the antagonist wont die or leave. but, on the other hand, imagine she leaves and is replaced by boris. that will be fun.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
i gather from bbc she may if she doesn't get her deal through ask for a very long extension on monday from eu. it could become a horror movie in which the antagonist wont die or leave. but, on the other hand, imagine she leaves and is replaced by boris. that will be fun.
I see that D. Trusk is seeking to have a long extension. But it will be an uphill struggle..there are a lot of exasperated Heads of Government in the EC. ..

Reactions: Wicky

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don't know how, but the Guardian says:
May wants MPs to vote on Brexit deal again tomorrow, Leadsom announces - live news

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
This it true, I don't, usually any channel with adverts puts me to sleep!
I have to admit I watch a fair amount of TV but hardly any adverts. I watch football live but at half time I will switch over to something I have recorded to avoid the adverts then switch back when the game is about to start. Most other sports I am interested in (Golf, cycling, boxing etc) I will tend to record (Sky Q) and so can fast forward through the adverts at 30 times normal speed.

I cant remember the last time I watched an advert at normal speed, I would imagine a lot of people do the same as me. My wife loves all the soaps (not my cup of tea) but she has them all on series link and she fast forwards through the adverts too.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Good gathering! You remind me of a squirrel. Cheeks full of info from the BBC.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know how, but the Guardian says:
May wants MPs to vote on Brexit deal again tomorrow, Leadsom announces - live news
it still won't pass.
the DUP still holds out for more concession. I wonder where TM is going to find it.
Even if the DUP folds and votes for her, she will still need about 20 Labour MPs voting for her.

Advertisers