Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here is my latest "Spam"
From Spam Central AKA The Brexit Broadcasting Corporation

New referendum would be unfair, says Trump

Speaking to reporters at the White House ahead of his meeting with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, the US president said he did not think a new Brexit referendum would be "possible" as it would be "unfair to people who have won".

He said the issue of Brexit was a "very complex thing right now, it's tearing a country apart, it's actually tearing a lot of countries apart and it's a shame it has to be that way..."

Mr Trump added. "I'm surprised at how badly it has all gone from a standpoint of negotiations but I gave the prime minister my ideas of how to negotiate it, she didn't listen to that and that's fine but it could have been negotiated in a different manner."

Very helpful from Mr's May's point of view?
He is right about one thing, his mate Putin was the winner, and it cost a lot of money!

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hilarious
"Labour confirms it will not back the amendment calling for another referendum "
Mr's May has many friends it seems.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
post after post after post from the same poster.....

How lonely can one person be to converse with himself? Or is it arrogance that everything he reads he feels compelled to copy and paste it on here?

Does he have a single original thought or is he just a parrot?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
BTW, parliament will run a number of indicative votes next week to find out if there is a majority on brexit.
Someone on TV brought this idea up. All the various plans are presented to the HoC and voted on. Lets say there are 8 different plans. At the end of the voting session the plan with the least votes is scrapped.

The process then re starts but this time with only 7 plans being voted for, and once again the plan with the least number of votes is dropped. Eventually they get down to just one plan remaining, as sort of last man standing system. Seemed like a reasonable idea, the problem is TM will be giving up what little control she currently has, so I don't suppose it will fly.

Anyone any thoughts on it?

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Someone on TV brought this idea up. All the various plans are presented to the HoC and voted on. Lets say there are 8 different plans. At the end of the voting session the plan with the least votes is scrapped.

The process then re starts but this time with only 7 plans being voted for, and once again the plan with the least number of votes is dropped. Eventually they get down to just one plan remaining, as sort of last man standing system. Seemed like a reasonable idea, the problem is TM will be giving up what little control she currently has, so I don't suppose it will fly.

Anyone any thoughts on it?
It's too late for that. According to the EU this is it. I'm not even sure what the purpose of the extension is.

May should be run out of town for the utter incompetence of her plan and tactics.

She has made us look like her in the eyes of the world.

Reactions: tommie and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You ok hun?
Yep, he, s fine, he, s insulting somebody..

Trump, s comments were actually rather good,infact rather bland for him.

All of us have an agenda, its why we all post. Offering links that back up our agendas is fine but IMHO when those links are down right lies, as in case this morning, the poster supplying that link must take some responsibility. It was obvious Farage doesnt want any extension to art 50,OG knows that but thought it ok because it backs up his own agenda and personal view of Farage. Moaning about Trump, Farage, Daily Mail etal is quite ridiculous when that same poster uses lies and links to obvious errors, wether supplied by MEPs or Guatdian, is exactly what OG sees bad in media mentioned.
It really is out of order. Yes, Farage can be a complete pain but supplying down right lies about him is scandalous.

• Dislike
Reactions: Wicky and Fingers

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's too late for that. According to the EU this is it. I'm not even sure what the purpose of the extension is.

May should be run out of town for the utter incompetence of her plan and tactics.

She has made us look like her in the eyes of the world.
An extension without either a GE or ref2 is utterly pointless and probay so with them, which isnt going to happen. Could quite easily be EU force No Deal on us end of month. Yesterdays vote was barmy. How can they stop no deal. Lets take a vote to stop tide coming in. All in favour.. Motion passed. Fecking barmy.

• Agree
Reactions: Fingers

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
An extension without either a GE or ref2 is utterly pointless and probay so with them, which isnt going to happen. Could quite easily be EU force No Deal on us end of month. Yesterdays vote was barmy. How can they stop no deal. Lets take a vote to stop tide coming in. All in favour.. Motion passed. Fecking barmy.
No. Zathlan the EU have forced the UK into NOTHING. Keep the responsibility where it belongs... . My figures of the distribution of votes in HoC is broadly correct( see earlier post of today). I have heard nothing today in the last few hours of the debate which would convince the EU that there is any reason for any extension.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No. Zathlan the EU have forced the UK into NOTHING. Keep the responsibility where it belongs... . My figures of the distribution of votes in HoC is broadly correct( see earlier post of today). I have heard nothing today in the last few hours of the debate which would convince the EU that there is any reason for any extension.
I, ve not explained that well. Chances of no deal are no different today as 2days ago. Wether MPs want no deal or not is irrelevant, if they refuse to accept anything else.
I totally agree with your point, except for fact EU could have made removing back stop law, but I suspect MPs would still found a way to defeat vote. Which IMHO is fine. Crashing out does have benefits in some ways over Mays deal. Some MPs are getting no deal by default and many by design. Its irrelevant as to wether EU or our idiots are causing no deal.
Its Zlatan btw Danidl.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
you`re not really clued in - the money ended up in the bank accounts of ALL of the people in the UK - have you some problem with that??
Shouldn`t they be congratulated on that?
Just a couple of small examples..
View attachment 29487
View attachment 29488
Tommie, Governments have no money,they take money from others and give to others. So if they gave money away,they took or borrowed money in order to do so.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All of us have an agenda, its why we all post. Offering links that back up our agendas is fine but IMHO when those links are down right lies, as in case this morning, the poster supplying that link must take some responsibility. It was obvious Farage doesnt want any extension to art 50,OG knows that but thought it ok because it backs up his own agenda and personal view of Farage.]
OG did not lie, you simply completely misread his post. I read it long before you and it was abundantly clear that he was quoting a part of a Guardian article without attempting in any way to distort.

I listened to both those EU parliament speeches and the Guardian reported them accurately in every respect.

Obviously your problem with OG is causing you to try anything to distort what he posts. Not unusual for you of course, you tried it with me many times and it's why I don't bother to respond to most of your posts now.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeler and Wicky

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I, ve not explained that well. Chances of no deal are no different today as 2days ago. Wether MPs want no deal or not is irrelevant, if they refuse to accept anything else.
I totally agree with your point.
Its Zlatan btw Danidl.
My autocorrect will probably continue to misspell your name,so apologies for now and indefinitely into the future.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OG did not lie, you simply completely misread his post. I read it long before you and it was abundantly clear that he was quoting a part of a Guardian article without attempting in any way to distort.

I listened to both those EU parliament speeches and the Guardian reported them accurately in every respect.

Obviously your problem with OG is causing you to try anything to distort what he posts. Not unusual for you of course, you tried it with me many times and it's why I don't bother to respond to most of your posts now.
Thanks Flecc, I can assure you I treat your posts with equal respect and disdain.
You obviously listened to a different speech and read a different article. I wasnt criticising OG but the Guardian. But perhaps you are right, it may well have been an MEP lying about Farage. Which is even worse.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Wicky

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

His implication was clear. Anyone who had seen the Farage clip knew he hadn't said that.

At best it was bad grammar and comprehension from groaner. Quite possible but for me it seemed to be making Farage say something he didn't.

When you quote stuff you should quote the whole thing or it can be duplicitous at best.

Or maybe even, and this is a long shot for him. Have an original thought.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yep, he, s fine, he, s insulting somebody..

Trump, s comments were actually rather good,infact rather bland for him.

All of us have an agenda, its why we all post. Offering links that back up our agendas is fine but IMHO when those links are down right lies, as in case this morning, the poster supplying that link must take some responsibility. It was obvious Farage doesnt want any extension to art 50,OG knows that but thought it ok because it backs up his own agenda and personal view of Farage. Moaning about Trump, Farage, Daily Mail etal is quite ridiculous when that same poster uses lies and links to obvious errors, wether supplied by MEPs or Guatdian, is exactly what OG sees bad in media mentioned.
It really is out of order. Yes, Farage can be a complete pain but supplying down right lies about him is scandalous.
Out of curiosity what were the downright lies?
The paper didn't say that Farage had wanted an extension, if you had actually read the article you would have read this
"
The disclosure comes as Farage was chided on Wednesday by the European parliament’s Brexit coordinator, Guy Verhofstadt, while the parliament debated the current Brexit turmoil.

Brexiters lobby for European veto of article 50 extension

Verhofstadt claimed Farage wanted an extension to article 50 in order to keep Britain in the EU, so he can continue to have his MEP’s salary and transfer it into an offshore company.

Now then where is this lie you keep on about?
The paper did NOT make the accusation did it?
It reported what Guy Verhofstadt had accused Farage of.
Do you understand now?
Is it simple enough to penetrate your head?

Where are the downwright scandalous Lies?
They reported truthfully what happened at the meeting
There weren't any "Scandalous lies" were there? you just as usual ignored the evidence in front of you as you had already made your mind up, and you got it completely wrong.

You have made a fool of yourself again, and other equally dim clowns fall over themselves to agree with you.
Isn't it time you grew up? you take every opportunity to try to attack me and get proved wrong every time, are you incapable of learning?

Reactions: Wicky

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
His implication was clear. Anyone who had seen the Farage clip knew he hadn't said that.

At best it was bad grammar and comprehension from groaner. Quite possible but for me it seemed to be making Farage say something he didn't.

When you quote stuff you should quote the whole thing or it can be duplicitous at best.

I posted the link to the entire newpaperarticle! for goodness sake you are as bad as Zlatan,
Why didn't you read it before commenting?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
[QUOTE="

Verhofstadt claimed Farage wanted an extension to article 50 in order to keep Britain in the EU, so he can continue to have his MEP’s salary and transfer it into an offshore company.

?[/QUOTE]
This is a complete fabrication by Verhofstadt. Yet the Guardian reported it and then linked those comments to Farage's swelling bank account and even printed amounts. You might think thats good journalism. It isnt.
It was done in an effort to discredit Farage and you know it but it supports your view of him so forget the truth.
Why give links to lies OG?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Second time you've posted this and it simply isn't true. In this thread before the referendum and against almost all other opinion, OG insisted Leave would win. And that original thought of his was right.

More recently he is saying that May's Deal would probably still get though eventually, in opposition to much opinion in here.

In between those he's posted many individual thoughts, some of which I've agreed with.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers