Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Democracy is a system that only works if enough people get off their backsides to participate. To prevent that from happening any more some bright person invented the "smart phone".

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here you are some cracking Brexit news
"Breaking:
Liam Fox has confounded his critics by signing a “trade continuity deal”
With Papua New Guinea and Fiji

Fox: “I am delighted.”

• Informative
Reactions: Wicky

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Clearly you have no idea what democracy is.

Just because people go out and vote in elections does not qualify the event as 'democratic.' It's impossible for democracy to function when it's at the mercy of external financial influences. If you had a massive holding off-shore that amounted to several billions, would you not use some of it to influence elections by any means? We know from investigative journalism that elections are being fixed, rigged and biased by illegal means - yet we carry on as though we're still living in an honest and trustworthy system. It's naïve to continue with such a view.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
But you post nonsense. If it’s not a copy or paste job. It’s insults, if it’s not that it’s you defending posting nonsense.

You are the human equivalent of spam.

Constant spamming of the thread. All day long. I feel sorry for you but from my point of view I find it incredibly tedious and I tend to avoid this forum these days.
I recommend you expand "avoid" into "Darken someone else's doorstep"
When did you last post anything on topic?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just because people go out and vote in elections does not qualify the event as 'democratic.' It's impossible for democracy to function when it's at the mercy of external financial influences. If you had a massive holding off-shore that amounted to several billions, would you not use some of it to influence elections by any means? We know from investigative journalism that elections are being fixed, rigged and biased by illegal means - yet we carry on as though we're still living in an honest and trustworthy system. It's naïve to continue with such a view.
I have no fundamental disagreement with you ,except that there is no alternative except both having democracy and robust legal sanctions and an independent judiciary and CONSTANT vigilance

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Time for a good laugh at complete idiocy from Piers Mogan
"
I've given this a lot of thought & come to the conclusion that only one person can now sort out this ridiculous Brexit mess: @realDonaldTrump. He'd take no sh*t from the EU, or Parliament, or anyone. And he definitely wouldn't lose his voice. Mr President, my country needs YOU.

Russia does indeed need the pair of them

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not really. Remember the Lib Dem’s and tuition fees? Can’t trust ‘em.
Not so, they were not holding the reins in the coalition so had to conceded many of their manifesto items, as did the Tories then. Whatever they chose to concede would result in criticism

That's the price of coalition and it was and still is unfair to either party to attack them on that basis.

• Disagree
Reactions: 50Hertz

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Not so, they were not holding the reins in the coalition so had to conceded many of their manifesto items, as did the Tories then. Whatever they chose to concede would result in criticism

That's the price of coalition and it was and still is unfair to either party to attack them on that basis.

Rubbish

• Disagree

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
:) Gina Miller grins like 'Cheshire cat' after claiming UK 'can't legally LEAVE on March 29' - Daily Express

Also a reminder Nigel's having a wander this weekend t'up North

"Gina’s crusade

There will be a good turn-out for Nigel Farage when he sets out on his much-trumpeted march from Sunderland to London this weekend if Gina Miller has anything to do with it. Sadly for him, she’s urging Remainers to line the route.

The indefatigable transparency campaigner has begun writing pieces for the regional papers whose circulation areas Farage will possibly deign to walk through (he’s made it clear he can’t be fagged to walk the whole way). “I would say to anyone who gets a chance to see Mr Farage to hear him out respectfully, but do please take the chance to ask him the questions that matter,” Miller has just advised the readers of the Yorkshire Post. “Above all things, look the man in the eye and ask him to spell out how Brexit could ever have benefited your communities.”

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/mandrake-no-respect-for-christopher-booker-1-5937103

Reactions: Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No it isn't, they had to concede on either HoL reform or tuition fees, they couldn't have both.

Whether they chose the wrong way in your opinion is another matter, but they had the elected right to chose.

These comments by a Green party member are aposite:

"This is so bizarre to me. The Lib Dems broke a promise they couldnt do because they were in coalition with the Torries, they did what they could but were ultimately only a part of a coalition and the small part of that coalition.

The Tories right now are making the biggest mess of this country in living memory, a mess much greater than tuition fees which is bloody small compared to this. I do not understand why the Lib Dems are getting so harshly held to account when Labour and Conservative govts routinely **** up and it gets forgotten."

Reactions: Wicky

Advertisers