Brexit, for once some facts.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
No it isn't, they had to concede on either HoL reform or tuition fees, they couldn't have both.

Whether they chose the wrong way in your opinion is another matter, but they had the elected right to chose.

These comments by a Green party member are aposite:

This is so bizarre to me. The Lib Dems broke a promise they couldnt do because they were in coalition with the Torries, they did what they could but were ultimately only a part of a coalition and the small part of that coalition.

The Tories right now are making the biggest mess of this country in living memory, a mess much greater than tuition fees which is bloody small compared to this. I do not understand why the Lib Dems are getting so harshly held to account when Labour and Conservative govts routinely **** up and it gets forgotten.
I don’t forget any of them.

The Lib Dem’s could have refused to concede. No one was holding a gun to their heads forcing them into a coalition. Clegg got the smell of Deputy PM in his nostrils and the promised and principles went out the window. They are all the same, totally untrustworthy.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
any suggestions as to an alternative?
Not an acceptable one, but the one that is unacceptable in most views can and has worked for long periods.

All depends on how much of a price is paid for stability.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

The Lib Dem’s could have refused to concede. No one was holding a gun to their heads forcing them into a coalition. Clegg got the smell of Deputy PM in his nostrils and the promised and principles went out the window. They are all the same, totally untrustworthy.
free university tuition fees would cost the government in excess of £8 billions a year.
The LibDems were junior partners, they can't do much when the finances were is such parlous state. Their priorities were to increase the tax free earning level and free food for school children of poor families.
The reason they get trashed is because the newspapers in this country are owned by right wing billionaires.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I have been listening to a Ian Blackford of SNP give a logically consistent dressing down to both the English political parties

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

No, they couldn't refuse to concede without ending that government, which was the only option at the time. They entered a coalition and had to chose which policies to abandon, just as the Tories had to as well. But the latter didn't get attacked for it, strange don't you think?

To me is isn't strange, it was simply the predominantly Tory media choosing which party to attack for doing the same thing, and you are just playing their dirty game.

P.S. Post crossed with Woosh making the same media point.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That was the Tories offer, not the other way round. Normal within the parliamentary system
"- Will you vote with us if we give you money?

- How much?

- Heaps!

- OK then..."

Notice the subtle use of principles and ethics in that exchange! Such high value placed in democracy, my head swims...

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

- How much?

- Heaps!

- OK then..."

Notice the subtle use of principles and ethics in that exchange! Such high value placed in democracy, my head swims...
you`re not really clued in - the money ended up in the bank accounts of ALL of the people in the UK - have you some problem with that??
Shouldn`t they be congratulated on that?
Just a couple of small examples..
DtU0gLxWwAEBivg.jpg large.jpg
Dta4HEUXoAAgo9H.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

- How much?

- Heaps!

- OK then..."

But was it that way round, it could have been this way:

Ring, ring. Hello Theresa, Arlene here.

You know we're a bit short of cash in the province, if you promise to help us out with something of substance, I'm sure we could see our way clear to support you in a new government, though we do have a backstop on any separation from the UK.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not in the last three or four weeks. I had a look in during the vote obviously.

But it doesn't change the facts.

He is ruining the forum with spam and insults. Tedious beyond measure. The lack of wit is the biggest bore.

Edit. A lot of those of posts were not even in here as I was trying to get some other threads going. To little avail sadly. But at least I tried to inject some humour into here.
In your opinion, which frankly isn't worth a tinkers cuss.
You came on here with the sole purpose of making a nuisance of yourself and being obnoxious, congratulations, you have succeeded, and failing to get other threads going should have given you a clue that frankly you are boring.
If you don't like the Forum, you know what to do.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Oh, and anybody that turns their nose up at this i can give you the address of the Treasury so you can return those monies that dropped into your accounts on the strength of that Deal.

Anybody?? !!
No money dropped into my account Tommie, this is nonsense you are claiming

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
In your opinion, which frankly isn't worth a tinkers cuss.
You came on here with the sole purpose of making a nuisance of yourself and being obnoxious, congratulations, you have succeeded, and failing to get other threads going should have given you a clue that frankly you are boring.
If you don't like the Forum, you know what to do.
You ok hun?

Advertisers