Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
[BTW OG is the cleverest person he knows. He lives in Hull dont forget.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree, but we all enjoy it. Especially OG. Its why he posts, besides you, ve made your fair share of putdowns, actually including this one. Come on admit it, you love it.
And, if you really want enlightenment you are in wrong place. Try yoga.
Hang on aren't you the one that set himself up as the "Thought Police" who came on full of Fire and Brimstone to drain the swamp?

Didn't wear well, did it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It never ceases to amaze me, or amuse me, that you and a few others including OG continue this dialogue of the deaf continually insulting each other. It is not enlightening for anyone
I think you are being a tad unfair on me with that judgement.
I do not initiate these "Spats"

I do however respond to them, and reserve the right to do so.

It's not my fault that some of the posters on here suffer from a masochistic urge to engage in provoking me is it?
Or indeed that they have no real talent for doing so.

On the credit side the fact that they all seem to support the leave camp means that they are as the old military saying goes "Worth ten divisions to the Enemy"

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think you are being a tad unfair on me with that judgement.
I do not initiate these "Spats"

I do however respond to them, and reserve the right to do so.

It's not my fault that some of the posters on here suffer from a masochistic urge to engage in provoking me is it?
Or indeed that they have no real talent for doing so.

On the credit side the fact that they all seem to support the leave camp means that they are as the old military saying goes "Worth ten divisions to the Enemy"
Not me miss... You cause it all...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
TW OG is the cleverest person he knows. He lives in Hull dont forget.
Thank you, I think I should be flattered, since one can only know oneself really, which makes you doubly unfortunate, still , someone has to draw the short straw .

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
it goes to show that you can't square a circle. My point is an ERG PM will stitch up NI.
Checks will be made in the Irish Sea, NI will have different treatment because it gets stuff from the ROI free of duty.
Soon enough, the EU will want to check lorries going into the ROI.
They will indeed, but it will be the lorries landing from the ferries in Roscoff and Cherbourg. Since that is typically one ship per day on average,and they will probably prioritize these inspections, it will increase delays ,but not by much. They might even do the inspections at sea during the 14 to 18hour crossing, as a courtesy to a fellow member. In other cases they may even allow the containers be checked by Irish EU inspectors and bonded at the Irish factory . It is very much in Irelands interest to ensure the highest standards of food safety are maintained. It is our unique selling point ,of course we still have crooks interested in the quick buck.
I can see EU undercover intelligence agents checking shipments into Belfast to ensure compliance.

Reactions: Zlatan

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I reckon 150 will vote for no deal.
There are other motions too, one motion is to negotiate an implementation period for no deal.
It does look attractive for both remainers and brexiters, the EU will charge £1 billion a month, at the end of it, if there is a deal, good, if there isn't, then brexit with no deal. During the transition period, there may be GE, second referendum etc.
I reckon 150 will vote for no deal.
There are other motions too, one motion is to negotiate an implementation period for no deal.
It does look attractive for both remainers and brexiters, the EU will charge £1 billion a month, at the end of it, if there is a deal, good, if there isn't, then brexit with no deal. During the transition period, there may be GE, second referendum etc.
I reckon 500 plus will reject no deal,50 for no deal.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It wasn't dumping.....it was protectionism by the Italian and German e-bike assemblers.....note assemblers because most of the components were procured from China.
The definition of dumping is when a product sold for export is priced less than in the home market....you can buy an e-bike in chinese supermarket for 200 USD.
The chinese were just more competitive at assembling the bikes.
Brompton is hopelessly uncompetitive,sending every individual bike set out to a painter 100 miles away is crazy. If the duty on vanilla bikes were deleted Dahon would take Brompton to pieces.
I have a new chinese manufactured product at the moment which is superior to the UK product,yet retails at half the price. The UK manufacturer is having to think twice about ordering new Aston Martins for their directors!!!
KudosDave
Ill give you some customer feedback. Ive had brompton for 15 years. It has a stretched out geometry and too much road buzz. But its chromo frame has survived countless baggage terminals,african buses,trucks,hopping on and off kerbs,massive repettitive overloading (OH standing on rear rack, 15kilos shopping in front pannier) etc etc. And structurally it is fine. Ive had a few dahons in the same time. Leaking headsets, seized cranks, vulnerable aluminium frames,rubbish really. Bromptons not metaphorically aston. And a lot of chinese products are substandard.

Reactions: 50Hertz

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ill give you some customer feedback. Ive had brompton for 15 years. It has a stretched out geometry and too much road buzz. But its chromo frame has survived countless baggage terminals,african buses,trucks,hopping on and off kerbs,massive repettitive overloading (OH standing on rear rack, 15kilos shopping in front pannier) etc etc. And structurally it is fine. Ive had a few dahons in the same time. Leaking headsets, seized cranks, vulnerable aluminium frames,rubbish really. Bromptons not metaphorically aston. And a lot of chinese products are substandard.
Anybody would think this is a bike forum.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Could well be, but changes nothing from a legal standpoint - it`s only the `opinion` of the House
they are lawmakers so their opinion counts.
If no deal is defeated by a large margin, attention will focus on delaying brexit.
If parliament votes to delay brexit, then it's clear TM intends to resubmit her deal the third time.
This time, it's between her deal or no brexit. The ERG will vote for her.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
they are lawmakers so their opinion counts.
It counts for nothing, i`ve explained this twice already, why can`t you understand?!
Here is the BBC`s Political Correspondent Laura K explaining Maybe she can get through to you?
The only other person who has a grasp of this is Dan to his credit.

Shouldn`t you just stick to selling bikes?!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It counts for nothing, i`ve explained this twice already, why can`t you understand?!
Here is the BBC`s Political Correspondent Laura K explaining Maybe she can get through to you?

Its not the only thing he has to his credit... But I'm not bragging.

• Informative
Reactions: tommie

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what do you do for a living tommie?
BTW, I did post that these motions are indicative since yesterday so I am not ignoring the fact.
However, some people see the result of the referendum more than advisory, some don't.
Some see the real power is with the majority of MPs, some don't care.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Could well be, but changes nothing from a legal standpoint - it`s only the `opinion` of the House

Yes indeed. The original motion has been withdrawn. Not that it had any clout anyway.

This really is a pointless exercise.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Not your business to tell him what to do is it?

Advertisers