Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
House of Commons vote that No Deal is ruled out at any time by 312 votes to 308. This win for the amendment was completely unexpected and will worry both the Brexiteers in the House and surprise Theresa May.

While not legally binding it is morally binding on the government and leaves the way for May to bring her deal to the vote for a third time after an article 50 delay.

It might eventually get her deal voted for by HoC Brexiteers, rather than risk Remaining following a new referendum.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We all are Fingers. What planet are MPs living on. Reject May's deal, now reject No deal...
Better start planning for no deal, MPs havent got authority or ability to stop it. We wont get an extension from EU, May wont call a GE and house doesnt want ref2....
If this was a book you, d stop reading it, its too far fetched.
How much do we pay these fools?
For goodness sake just crash out and sort it after. Its going to happen anyway,I think...???

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
We all are Fingers. What planet are MPs living on. Reject May's deal, now reject No deal...
Better start planning for no deal, MPs havent got authority or ability to stop it. We wont get an extension from EU, May wont call a GE and house doesnt want ref2....
If this was a book you, d stop reading it, its too far fetched.
How much do we pay these fools?
For goodness sake just crash out and sort it after. Its going to happen anyway,I think...???

It’s beyond bizarre. Last night Nicky Morgan AND Angela Smith were saying vote for Mays deal!

What? These people are fools and have the constitution of ants.

Reactions: tommie and Zlatan

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Started of with Tories allowed a free vote on the first motion which Govt lost i.e voting with conscious (what's that they ask... ;-)

After the Gov defeat apparently a 3-line whip has now been suddenly put on em for subsequent amendments.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now the vote on th government amendment against leaving with No Deal has been passed.

So now with both amendments passed it's HoC ruling out No Deal at any time.

It seems inevitable that there will be a vote tomorrow in favour of an extension and a request for it.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Interesting result, first 312/308 and then 321 /278 against a No Deal Brexit and one of the commentators pointed out that Mays Deal is looking like it's on the table again!

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Now the vote on th government amendment against leaving with No Deal has been passed.

So now with both amendments passed it's HoC ruling out No Deal at any time.

It seems inevitable that there will be a vote tomorrow in favour of an extension and a request for it.
Yes. But that does not make it so. I would expect that an open ended extension will be sought. . I would doubt that the EU will play ball. A short term up to end June is more feasible.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It counts for nothing, i`ve explained this twice already, why can`t you understand?!
Here is the BBC`s Political Correspondent Laura K explaining Maybe she can get through to you?
The only other person who has a grasp of this is Dan to his credit.

Shouldn`t you just stick to selling bikes?!
Shouldn`t you just stick to selling bikes?
shouldn't you keep attacks like that to yourself?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Yes ™ stood up after being defeated (yet again) and croaked like a Norwegian Blue on its last legs her usual choices like a waitress abroad in a mono-lingual restaurant full of English speaking only tourists reading the menu of choices for the umpteemph time - but did add that extension was maybe possibly *look into my eyes* a merest hint of a possibility */look into my eyes* if they all come back in a couple of days / next month - JRM spat feathers most elequently...

Reactions: Nev

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Yes. But that does not make it so. I would expect that an open ended extension will be sought. . I would doubt that the EU will play ball. A short term up to end June is more feasible.
With elections in May I doubt it. I dont think we'll get any extension without a concrete reason.. (ie to organise ref2, which isnt going to happen)
EU can see throwing time at this will change nothing, just delay the inevitable. EU will not allow an extension in hope we then go for ref2.

Advertisers