Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Once the chip is in place it’s very difficult to remove.

He’s far too old now. He was brought up to hate the English and blame them for all his ills.

It’s not untypical for folk over there. You don’t have to scratch to far into the surface. If at all.
No..Two centuries actually. Read your history. .
Its funny but we have an affinity with the Scots, the Welsh,even the Cornish and of course the NI. folk
I have family living in the UK.. 2 brothers and a sister, and of course cousins,nephews and neices so no I do not hate the British. Sometimes ,I do find your pretentious ideas quaint,,but that's ok, and probably you have the same regard for us.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Except apparently even the key pro Brexiteer ,Mr Johnson does not know what what these terms are and imply and needed lessons today in parliament.
What I do agree is that Brand UK is being humiliated, but not by the EU ,but by the ineptness and crassness of the proposition, that one could be in and out at the same tine, that you could have everything by conceding nothing. The EU has played a blinder,yes by being up front and honest at every turn in the process..but of course there are non so blind as will not see.
The Eu didn’t really play a blinder. They just stood and gawped as May castrated herself.

Yes I get I’m using tautology as bad as groaner but thems the facts.

As someone who feels the EU isn’t a modern union I despair at Mays pre Victorian tactics.

We should have started with no deal. We have voted to leave. What would you like to continue?

We had one thing to resolve as a priority and that was citizens rights. The rest was all up for negotiations.

The ineptness has truly shocked me.

Reactions: OxygenJames

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
No..Two centuries actually. Read your history. .
Its funny but we have an affinity with the Scots, the Welsh,even the Cornish and of course the NI. folk
I have family living in the UK.. 2 brothers and a sister, and of course cousins,nephews and neices so no I do not hate the British. Sometimes ,I do find your pretentious ideas quaint,,but that's ok, and probably you have the same regard for us.

Of course you do. Hatred of the English! Lol. And of course you have family living here as well. More Irish live here than in Ireland it would seem.

We are quite used to it. The small folk always begrudge their betters. It’s quite normal.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Glad you think that, lets see if you have the same enthusiasm come the 30th March if/when the UK drops out with a `No Deal`? What happens in the ROI then??

I would love that Tommie. I really would. I can just imagine Leo being woken up by his boyfriend to a breakfast of soft boiled eggs and soldiers and a copy of the Irish Times telling him the gravy train is over.

Now it’s time to reap what you have sown.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Glad you think that, lets see if you have the same enthusiasm come the 30th March if/when the UK drops out with a `No Deal`? What happens in the ROI then??
We in the RoI get badly hurt. However you in NI will be even more badly hurt, the mainland UK will not know what has hit them, Mainland Europe will have a range of responses from ..Its a setback, to non event, depending on their geographic position... But we have been over this ground before.
The pound appreciated against the euro this morning in the hope that the deal would pass,and has since dipped. It is being held up by the hope that "a no deal off table" vote will result in the UK staying in... But when that hope evaporates, then so will the gains.... Perhaps you should be buying. your euros now for the holidays

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Here's a Tweet to make 50Hertz smile!

Less than half an hour to go, and Tory MP Steve Double says he still doesn't know how to vote. Says May's "polished turd" of a deal, "may be the best turd we've got".

Perhaps he needs a tin of your famous Polish? :cool:
It’s not over yet. She has failed to polish the turd, next she will try rolling it in glitter, then who know.....

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nope. All I remember was you banging in about how you said from day one that Mays would go through. On and on and on and on. Like the drone of a dying bee in early autumn.

You were quite convinced.
It’s not going to happen.

But the fact you still think it might shows your lack of understanding in very basic politics.
Is that so? here is a section from my post # 49257

What choice have they got? none of the parties involved really wants a "No Deal" exit apart from a bunch of nutters , as they know the backlash will be lethal from the public.
By voting for May's deal they at least have a chance of saving their necks.

Don't take that as meaning I'm in favour of the deal, it is the worst available choice from a leaver's point of view.

Best Choice Cancel Brexit or at least a referendum
Next Best No Deal; advantage either proof of concept, or soonest reapplication for EU membership
Worst Deal; Mays deal and years of decline before common sense sets in and we reapply for EU Membership
Since it seems no one wants the first choice, let's Crash out with no deal and get set for fireworks.

You haven't been paying attention, have you?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Express
The attack dog turns on it's masters
"
'The night you LOST BREXIT!' Jacob Rees-Mogg STUNNED as Andrew Neil lets loose on ERG
BREXITEER Jacob Rees-Mogg was left stunned after Andrew Neil accused him of ‘losing Brexit’ moments after Theresa May’s deal was voted down.

Reactions: flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I have been examining the BBC’s graphic of the next steps available to our MPs, because I prefer pictures to words. Assuming they reject No Deal today, which looks certain, they have left themselves, Extend A50 or Crash Out (No Deal). If the EU refuses an extension to A50, which I think is very possible, they are left with No Deal. But they have rejected No Deal, so they must ask for an extension to A50, but the EU won’t allow an extension, so that leaves No deal. But......

After two years, what this bunch of retarded, self serving idiots has come up with is the computing equivalent of an infinite loop.

As I see it, the only way to break the infinite loop is to withdraw A50. Then hold a GE and see what follows on from that. After last night, the last two years are effectively consigned to the dustbin. If it took two years for them to conceive FA, what are the capable of inventing in two weeks? Less than FA?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I have been examining the BBC’s graphic of the next steps available to our MPs, because I prefer pictures to words. Assuming they reject No Deal today, which looks certain, they have left themselves, Extend A50 or Crash Out (No Deal). If the EU refuses an extension to A50, which I think is very possible, they are left with No Deal. But they have rejected No Deal, so they must ask for an extension to A50, but the EU won’t allow an extension, so that leaves No deal. But......

After two years, what this bunch of retarded, self serving idiots has come up with is the computing equivalent of an infinite loop.

As I see it, the only way to break the infinite loop is to withdraw A50. Then hold a GE and see what follows on from that. After last night, the last two years are effectively consigned to the dustbin. If it took two years for them to conceive FA, what are the capable of inventing in two weeks? Less than FA?
I do agree with your reasoning, I said similar but not sure how a GE helps. Will a major party step forward and have remain in manifesto,doubtful,and even if they do will they be elected. (If its labour I very much doubt it)
A GE solves nothing and to be fair ref2 could easily produce more problems than solutions. No deal is getting more likely, said months ago our MPs cant stop it. Its becoming inevitable.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Assuming they reject No Deal today, which looks certain, they have left themselves, Extend A50 or Crash Out (No Deal). If the EU refuses an extension to A50, which I think is very possible, they are left with No Deal. But they have rejected No Deal, so they must ask for an extension to A50, but the EU won’t allow an extension, so that leaves No deal. But......
these votes are indicative, they suggest how much support each option will have.
We'll leave on the 29th if TM does not act upon the vote to extend A50.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
import duty if we have no deal:
87% of goods will have zero tariff for one year, 13% presumably wheat, beef, lamb and seafoods will have WTO tariff.
No checks at the NI border for one month.
If e-bike has zero tariff, I can cut my bike prices by £150 on average.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
If e-bike has zero tariff, I can cut my bike prices by £150 on average.
But will you? Or will you trouser the 150?

Knowing how the UK operates, I don’t think the great unwashed will be seeing the benefits anytime ever.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But will you? Or will you trouser the 150?

Knowing how the UK operates, I don’t think the great unwashed will be seeing the benefits anytime ever.
£100 out of the £150 was due to EU anti-dumping.

Advertisers