Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Have been watching ,listening to the parliamentary debate and vote. What planet are they on?.
A vote for " no deal off table " is illogical , unless it is followed by a revoke Brexit vote. Otherwise the crashout is inevitable
Any vote for extending Article 50 potentially puts off the evil day. But why would the EU agree?.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and 50Hertz

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Have been watching ,listening to the parliamentary debate and vote. What planet are they on?.
A vote for " no deal off table " is illogical , unless it is followed by a revoke Brexit vote. Otherwise the crashout is inevitable
Any vote for extending Article 50 potentially puts off the evil day. But why would the EU agree?.
Agreed. It’s pathetic.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
But, but you said it was going to happen.

What went wrong?
OG's balls have let him down.
They will vote against no deal tomorrow.. I, m begining to think and in a way hope they go for ref2. Suspect there will be another shock. Leave will win again. Then where are we...
Cant leave under no deal. (they, ve promised that, they will just firm it up tomorrow keeping EU happy)
Cant have May's deal and then after next ref we cant remain..
A general election will solve it... Ah ah ah.. Remainers have got their wishes. Brexit defeated. What a farce.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here's a Tweet to make 50Hertz smile!

Less than half an hour to go, and Tory MP Steve Double says he still doesn't know how to vote. Says May's "polished turd" of a deal, "may be the best turd we've got".

Perhaps he needs a tin of your famous Polish? :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I also said I would be glad to be proved wrong as it was the worst choice remember?
Every eventually covered. You should be on front in Blackpool telling fortunes, hang on a minute, I thought I recognised your ugly mush.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
OG's balls have let him down.
They will vote against no deal tomorrow.. I, m begining to think and in a way hope they go for ref2. Suspect there will be another shock. Leave will win again. Then where are we...
Cant leave under no deal. (they, ve promised that, they will just firm it up tomorrow keeping EU happy)
Cant have May's deal and then after next ref we cant remain..
A general election will solve it... Ah ah ah.. Remainers have got their wishes. Brexit defeated. What a farce.

The problem is we are meant to leave on the 29th. We can only extend a50 for something real. Or so they say. We have the Euro elections in June. Will we have to put forward candidates?

I might stand. Great travel perks and a decent pension.

May is slowly dying in front of us. She loves that taste of power no matter what price to her dignity. You keep thinking that her incompetence is a play and no one could be so useless but each time it’s. Nope. She really is that dim.

I suspect what will happen is a month and a half grace then we will have a general election the following six weeks later and as a Bruce bonus we will be allowed to elect our EU mps because you know we need them. But only till after the next referendum!

The die is cast. ‘‘Twas fun while it lasted. Now the Tory split will be massive and we will get very right wing nutters representing us.

Just like Europe.

Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's the first step in giving parliament the control of brexit.
Tomorrow's vote is a free vote. Parliament will likely to rule out no deal brexit.
Thursday, parliament would vote to extend brexit a couple of months. That's all TM needs.
After that, we'll have a series of indicative motions: Labour's plan, Common Market 2.0, people's vote will be the last indicative vote because all those promoting remain want to keep their powder dry until the competition runs out of steam.
If Labour's plan or Common Market 2.0 gains a majority, the EU will OK it because it only affects the political declaration.
We'll get brexit, but then, the ERG will force TM out to get their man in, they will own the agenda after TM has done her inherited job. In any case, TM's tenure comes to an end soon.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tomorrow's vote is a free vote. Parliament will likely to rule out no deal brexit.
Thursday, parliament would vote to extend brexit a couple of months. That's all TM needs.
After that, we'll have a series of indicative motions: Labour's plan, Common Market 2.0, people's vote will be the last indicative vote because all those promoting remain want to keep their powder dry until the competition runs out of steam.
If Labour's plan or Common Market 2.0 gains a majority, the EU will OK it because it only affects the political declaration.
We'll get brexit.
Could very well be!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nope. All I remember was you banging in about how you said from day one that Mays would go through. On and on and on and on. Like the drone of a dying bee in early autumn.

You were quite convinced.
It could still happen that the agreement goes ahead with some fancy wording added.
I hope it doesn't, I look forward to being proved wrong and Brexit to fail

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
We'll get brexit.

There will be a general election before the Tories yield to Labours plan. Plus it’s the only real tool they can use bar a referendum to invoke the real a50.

It will be interesting to see who breaks first and offers the second ref. I suspect it will be the Tories funnily enough. They will have to offer something different from the hard right parties they have created.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
It could still happen that the agreement goes ahead with some fancy wording added.
I hope it doesn't, I look forward to being proved wrong and Brexit to fail

It’s not going to happen.

But the fact you still think it might shows your lack of understanding in very basic politics.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There will be a general election before the Tories yield to Labours plan.
Labour's plan means nothing when the PM comes from the ERG.
They'll change the plan.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It’s not going to happen.

But the fact you still think it might shows your lack of understanding in very basic politics.
The question is what will happen. Ive been working,but on today earlier there was some hot air about a possible third vote..

Advertisers