Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Difference as you well know London isn`t under attack from a foreign `army` as we once were, it has become part of your peacetime culture and getting worse by the month.

As Tilson once said pertaining to all this, there is a `common denominator` and it`s not hard to see what this is.
Is there indeed, and what common denominator is it exactly?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Difference as you well know London isn`t under attack from a foreign `army` as we once were, it has become part of your peacetime culture and getting worse by the month.

As Tilson once said pertaining to all this, there is a `common denominator` and it`s not hard to see what this is.
Once again, why only mention London? Why nowhere else just as bad?

I live in London and like over 95% of the population I remain as safe as I've always been, not fearing to go anywhere, day or night.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think Grayling is going to be on the next flight. Its going to be carrying a Monkey, Graylings task will be to feed the Monkey.
Now then, that's being unfair to a very capable man.

Just as Theresa May has been a very poor Home Secretary and now very poor Prime Minister, so Grayling has made a mess of being Justice Secretary and Transport Minister.

Clearly he is well up to the top job.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Whatever you may wish to think, it was no foreign army. All home grown. The last time NI was attacked by a foreign army, they wore the blue grey of the Luftwaffe.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Why does everyone pick on London with this issue?

For example Birmingham has a horrific knife crime problem, see any of the links in this Google page.
Birmingham isn’t part of the UK anymore. It fell to the IS in late 2017. Parts are totally lawless with huge no go areas for the police and moped gangs numbering over 100 regularly riding around the outskirts of the city centre.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Going out on a limb here, but could it be the case London is fast becoming a cesspit of ganglands?
this is only a couple of months into 2019 and here we have....

Stabbings in London in 2019
  • January 1 - Charlotte Huggins, 33, stabbed to death in Camberwell
  • January 1 - Tudor Simionov, 33, stabbed to death in Park Lane
  • January 1 - Two men - also security guards - aged 37 and 29, and a woman, aged 29, were also stabbed at the private party in Park Lane. They had come to Tudor's aid during the attack
  • January 5 - A mum in her 30s was fighting for her life and two others wounded in a triple stabbing in broad daylight in Leyton, East London on January 5. She was attacked in front of her two children
  • January 5 - Man, 26, found suffering from knife wounds in Newham
  • January 8 - Jaden Moodie, 14, stabbed to death in Waltham Forest
  • January 11 - Woman in her 50s stabbed in Wallington
  • January 19 - Two men, aged 20 and 18, attacked and stabbed in Edmonton
  • January 20 - Man, 57, found with stab injury in Kew
  • January 27 - Kamil Malysz, 34, stabbed to death in Acton
  • January 29 - Nedim Bilgin, 17, stabbed to death in Islington
  • February 3 - Two teens found with knife wounds "may have been attacked in Feltham Park", Met Police say
  • February 5 - Lajean Richards, 19, stabbed to death in Battersea
  • February 5 - Teenager, 18, rushed to hospital after being stabbed at around 1am on Drummond Street, near Euston station in central London.
  • February 6 - Teen boy stabbed on London bus in Hackney
  • February 8 - Two males - aged 16 and 28 years old – were found suffering from stab wounds in Wood Green
  • February 9 - Man, 23, in critical condition after being knifed in Neasden
  • February 9 - Boy, 16, suffers stab wound after a fight in Hayes
  • February 10 - Dennis Anderson, 39, stabbed to death in East Dulwich
  • February 18 - Man stabbed to death in Euston
  • February 21 - A 23-year-old man was stabbed to death in Lambeth.
  • February 22 - A teenager was knifed to death in Wood Green, North London, just after 8pm.
  • March 1 - A 17 year old girl was knifed to death in a playground in Romford. She was found dead on March 2.
Yes, London and other large cities HAVE become cesspits of gangland scum. Many are out of control, and the lid is kept on it all by underreporting in the media.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Morrisons are fielding adverts for Sub standard Vegetables in advance of expectation of shortages after a no deal brexit under the title
"Naturally Wonky" Naturally wonderful.
Cute marketing to sell sub standard items and cover up another Brexit disadvantage
The Quality is going down and this is proof i it.
What a load of *******..……………….this was launched in 2017 to cut waste....
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/morrisons-launches-1-wonky-veg-13712452

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Birmingham isn’t part of the UK anymore. It fell to the IS in late 2017. Parts are totally lawless with huge no go areas for the police and moped gangs numbering over 100 regularly riding around the outskirts of the city centre.
Really? have you been watching Fox News?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You must understand it from OG’s perspective. Everything is the fault of Brexit. The fact that this has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit is completely irrelevant, it is still the fault of Brexit.
You must understand that unlike you I actually check for facts.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/no-deal-brexit-supermarket-food-shortages-looting-preparations/

"
Grocers are going to extreme lengths to prepare for a no-deal Brexit, including stockpiling non-perishable goods, lowering their quality standards and beefing up security to protect supply chains, stores and staff, the report reveals. “Retailers are implementing new security measures and working with local police forces on additional protection should protests, looting or rioting erupt that would compromise the safety of the retailer’s goods or the safety of its workers and supply chain partners,” it states. Stockpiling Standards regarding the appearance of fresh produce have been lowered, with grocers rejecting fewer ‘wonky’ items. They are also testing longer-lasting varieties of fruit and vegetables. The report also notes that shoppers are showing signs of “recessionary behaviour”. One in 10 consumers had created a “stockpile” of groceries by early February and a further 25 per cent were considering it. The stockpiling rate was twice as high among those preferring to remain in the EU as those who wanted to leave.

But then facts and leave voters have nothing in common do they?

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Really? have you been watching Fox News?
No I have witnessed exactly what I wrote first hand. I was involved in monitoring the activity in Birmingham as part of a job I did shortly before retiring. What is taking place and not being reported is frightening, so it can’t have been reported by Fox, as you suggested.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
You must understand that unlike you I actually check for facts.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/no-deal-brexit-supermarket-food-shortages-looting-preparations/

"
Grocers are going to extreme lengths to prepare for a no-deal Brexit, including stockpiling non-perishable goods, lowering their quality standards and beefing up security to protect supply chains, stores and staff, the report reveals. “Retailers are implementing new security measures and working with local police forces on additional protection should protests, looting or rioting erupt that would compromise the safety of the retailer’s goods or the safety of its workers and supply chain partners,” it states. Stockpiling Standards regarding the appearance of fresh produce have been lowered, with grocers rejecting fewer ‘wonky’ items. They are also testing longer-lasting varieties of fruit and vegetables. The report also notes that shoppers are showing signs of “recessionary behaviour”. One in 10 consumers had created a “stockpile” of groceries by early February and a further 25 per cent were considering it. The stockpiling rate was twice as high among those preferring to remain in the EU as those who wanted to leave.

But then facts and leave voters have nothing in common do they?
That’s it, I’m putting a colander on my head, wrapping myself in tinfoil and going into my Anderson Shelter until after Brexit day. Those Leavers aren’t getting me.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No I have witnessed exactly what I wrote first hand. I was involved in monitoring the activity in Birmingham as part of a job I did shortly before retiring. What is taking place and not being reported is frightening, so it can’t have been reported by Fox, as you suggested.
Wrong again aren't you?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/9354/birmingham-is-a-no-go-zone-for-non-muslims/
"
Birmingham is a ‘no-go zone’ for ‘non-Muslims’

Steve Emerson branded Birmingham “a totally Muslim” city “where non-Muslims
just simply don’t go” during a TV discussion about no-go zones in Europe.
He said: “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like
Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go

AN AMERICAN “terrorism expert” was last night forced into an embarrassing
climbdown after making a string of astonishing claims against Muslims in
England.
Steve Emerson branded Birmingham “a totally Muslim” city “where non-Muslims
just simply don’t go” during a TV discussion about no-go zones in Europe.
Emerson is a regular on Fox News and was appearing on a show hosted by the
failed Republican politician Jeanine Pirro.

Ms Pirro responded to her guest’s rant that the British government doesn’t
“exercise any sovereignty” in Birmingham by saying: “You know what it sounds
like to me, Steve?
“It sounds like a caliphate within a particular country.”
He said: “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like
Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go
Emerson last night released a grovelling apology after furious Brummies took
to Twitter to slam the self-styled terrorism expert.

He said he “clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry” and was
going to make a donation to a Birmingham charity and take out an ad in a
Birmingham newspaper.
Emerson said: “I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply
sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing
an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this
comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham.
“I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had
relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful.
“There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every
resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an
inexcusable error.
“And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.”
There are regular reports on the worrying crime in Birmingham, it isn't being hushed up any more than it is elsewhere.

Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers