Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That’s it, I’m putting a colander on my head, wrapping myself in tinfoil and going into my Anderson Shelter until after Brexit day. Those Leavers aren’t getting me.
Great sense of humour there, faced with information you don't like , you put a colander on your head?
please report back after Brexit whether it worked or not.:cool:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No I have witnessed exactly what I wrote first hand. I was involved in monitoring the activity in Birmingham as part of a job I did shortly before retiring. What is taking place and not being reported is frightening, so it can’t have been reported by Fox, as you suggested.
And what kind of job would that be? I'm curious.

• Agree

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Bit of a gap don't you think? Eleven Months? have you wondered why?
FFS let it go..I live across the road from a Morrisons and it has been advertised locally for years.. They obviously tried it in Yorkshire before running it out for the rest of the country. (They are a Yorkshire based company)
To be honest I think they were surprised by the success of it.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Wrong again aren't you?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/9354/birmingham-is-a-no-go-zone-for-non-muslims/
"
Birmingham is a ‘no-go zone’ for ‘non-Muslims’

Steve Emerson branded Birmingham “a totally Muslim” city “where non-Muslims
just simply don’t go” during a TV discussion about no-go zones in Europe.
He said: “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like
Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go

AN AMERICAN “terrorism expert” was last night forced into an embarrassing
climbdown after making a string of astonishing claims against Muslims in
England.
Steve Emerson branded Birmingham “a totally Muslim” city “where non-Muslims
just simply don’t go” during a TV discussion about no-go zones in Europe.
Emerson is a regular on Fox News and was appearing on a show hosted by the
failed Republican politician Jeanine Pirro.

Ms Pirro responded to her guest’s rant that the British government doesn’t
“exercise any sovereignty” in Birmingham by saying: “You know what it sounds
like to me, Steve?
“It sounds like a caliphate within a particular country.”
He said: “In Britain, it’s not just no-go zones, there are actual cities like
Birmingham that are totally Muslim where non-Muslims just simply don’t go
Emerson last night released a grovelling apology after furious Brummies took
to Twitter to slam the self-styled terrorism expert.

He said he “clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry” and was
going to make a donation to a Birmingham charity and take out an ad in a
Birmingham newspaper.
Emerson said: “I have clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply
sorry. My comments about Birmingham were totally in error. And I am issuing
an apology and correction on my website immediately for having made this
comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham.
“I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had
relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful.
“There was no excuse for making this mistake and I owe an apology to every
resident of Birmingham. I am not going to make any excuses. I made an
inexcusable error.
“And I am obligated to openly acknowledge that mistake.”
There are regular reports on the worrying crime in Birmingham, it isn't being hushed up any more than it is elsewhere.

I’m sorry OG, but that is wrong. Unlike you, I am not relying on a third party commentator. This is something I have seen first hand and studied in a professional capacity. I would have probably lost my job if I had spoken about it whilst working, that’s how much this is being covered up. I don’t care whether you believe me or not, it makes no difference. There are large areas of Birmingham, including schools, which are now outside of the control of the U.K. authorities. Theses places are lawless with child abuse, FGM, drugs, radicalisation and god knows what else taking place. I don’t give a stuff anymore, the next generations can suffer for our generation’s denial and failure to act.

Last edited:
Reactions: tommie

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
And what kind of job would that be? I'm curious.
That job was not glamorous, well paid or exciting. I wish I could forget what I now know. I am not going to say what the job was, it makes no difference. I only worked on a 24 month contract anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, London and other large cities HAVE become cesspits of gangland scum. Many are out of control, and the lid is kept on it all by underreporting in the media.
Utter rubbish. The only thing that's out of control is the scale of the exaggeration about the issue. Just like the January newspapers that tried to say London is worse than New York on the basis of a week's figure. Doesn't seem like keeping a lid on it by under reporting. In truth the reporting level is higher than it's ever been previously, with every minor knife use included.

In London stabbing deaths of 12 so far this year are running at a rate of some 71 per annum. There is nothing unusual about that rate for a large city with a very mixed resident population of 8.5 millions which grows to 22 millions each year with tourism and others entering. Try to find me another world city of similar size with a lower rate of violent killings.

New York is far worse in fact with an overall murder rate of double London's, like huge numbers of cities worldwide.

Londons average annual murder rate in the 28 years from 1990 and 2018 inclusive is 173. Overall the rate has been falling from 184 in 1990 to 132 last year, a 28% reduction. The worst year in that period was 15 years ago, barely mentioned at the time! Truly we live in the age of gross exaggeration.

See the Homicide chart on this page for the detail.

P.S. I do have an inkling of how bad many parts of Birmingham are, having been a regular there in some earlier decades and watching the scale of changes.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That’s ok, if it’s what you want to believe. It makes no difference to me.
I do live here, was born here and lived here most of my life so have a far closer knowledge than you. So close in fact that three people I've known well, one of them a close friend, have been murdered in London, two by stabbing, one by shooting. That was back in the 1970s and '80s. And the peak of murders in my local borough was shortly after the millennium.

It's quietened down considerably these days as the figures show, most of the murder perpetrators and victims being part of a sub-culture having no effect on almost all Londoners.

Here it's very different from what you've seen in Birmingham. I think the reason is that we have such an evenly balanced mix of peoples and cultures covering the whole world. As you know well that's not true of parts of Birmingham, which have largely divided into two populations.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I’m sorry OG, but that is wrong. Unlike you, I am not relying on a third party commentator. This is something I have seen first hand and studied in a professional capacity. I would have probably lost my job if I had spoken about it whilst working, that’s how much this is being covered up. I don’t care whether you believe me or not, it makes no difference. There are large areas of Birmingham, including schools, which are now outside of the control of the U.K. authorities. Theses places are lawless with child abuse, FGM, drugs, radicalisation and god knows what else taking place. I don’t give a stuff anymore, the next generations can suffer for our generation’s denial and failure to act.
I occasionally visit shard end, kingstanding and have aquintances there. What you say is not true. With all due respect, what I find most offensive is the innuendo. If you have an issue with immigration, or other ethnicity, say it openly. As long as you bear in mind the most developed, high earning part of the uk(London) happen to be also the most cosmopolitan with the highest ratio of immigrants. Does that tell you anything?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I occasionally visit shard end, kingstanding and have aquintances there. What you say is not true. With all due respect, what I find most offensive is the innuendo. If you have an issue with immigration, or other ethnicity, say it openly. As long as you bear in mind the most developed, high earning part of the uk(London) happen to be also the most cosmopolitan with the highest ratio of immigrants. Does that tell you anything?
I didn’t mention ethnicity or immigration. It’s interesting that you introduce it.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
On the internet you can be anything you want to profess to be, frankly I don't believe a word of it, the evidence is against it being true.
Frankly the entire country including Parliament is outside the control of the UK authorities and has been for years, and after any shade of Brexit that will become obvious to all.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Really? then why is it just being advertised now after all this time? come off it!
They launch something to reduce waste and waste TWO YEARS before they advertise it?
Brexit fans will believe anything to acvoid facing reality
On this matter, yes, they did launch wonky veg quite a while ago, and I have occasionally bought some. And yes, I have seen some promotion but cannot remember when.

The combination of erratic availability and them being over-priced (in my opinion) has meant that I do not seek them out.

However, I do agree that their recent promotion is likely a preparation for brexit.

Added:

I do remember this Guardian article from 2015: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/09/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall-rejects-morissons-pathetic-wonky-veg-trial

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Herald our new Post Brexit Overlord alternative to Labour, Conservatives and Nigel Farage - using blockchain tech on Amazon servers - Vote for your local candidate; Siri, Google Now, Cortana, Vokul, Dragon Go, SpeakToIt, Voice Answer, Jeannie, Sara, EasilyDo, Donna or Hal 9000.

53076411_2444308918954950_1670242133497348096_n.jpg

Reactions: Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Herald our new Post Brexit Overlord alternative to Labour, Conservatives and Nigel Farage - using blockchain tech on Amazon servers - Vote for your local candidate; Siri, Google Now, Cortana, Vokul, Dragon Go, SpeakToIt, Voice Answer, Jeannie, Sara, EasilyDo, Donna or Hal 9000.
A long as AI is created by humans it will never be intelligent.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Theresa May is thick.....she is planning to give a bribe of £1.6bn to towns that voted leave and voted labour,to put pressure on such labour MP’s to vote for her deal,obviously a bribe. But what will labour MP’s in deprived towns that voted Remain think of that,she could lose more than she gains.
KudosDave

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Theresa May is thick.....she is planning to give a bribe of £1.6bn to towns that voted leave and voted labour,to put pressure on such labour MP’s to vote for her deal,obviously a bribe. But what will labour MP’s in deprived towns that voted Remain think of that,she could lose more than she gains.
KudosDave
Getting things right has never been one of her strong points.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A long as AI is created by humans it will never be intelligent.
perhaps not as much intelligent as some, but already more than most.

Advertisers