Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm surprised it's only been one with all the vitriol that's been spouted from both sides of the argument. Mind you many of the lefties have been too busy threatening their own MP's causing them to need police protection
I think that outside of parliament feelings are dying down for the majority of the population. It's very clear now each time they are questioned that they are fed up with the subject and would prefer it to go away.

It's only a small minority like us in here who care any more.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
As they themselves declare, Jews are not a race or ethnic group. So any anti-semitism, if it exists in the party, is not racism.

It's discrimination.
I think that statement has actually scraped through the base of the barrel of excuses and into the dirt upon which it stands.

I was thinking about MP David Lammy’s racist rant about Red Nose Day.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think that statement has actually scraped through the base of the barrel of excuses and into the dirt upon which it stands.
The discussion had been on anti-semitism so I replied factually on that subject citing the Jewish view. Your above response is totally unwarranted.

I was thinking about MP David Lammy’s racist rant about Red Nose Day.
And how am I to know what you were thinking of if you don't state it? I'm not psychic.

And I don't agree, Lammy is absolutely right.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
but of course a nutcase could appear on either side of the argument.
That has been scientifically proven to not be the case. Something in the genes of right wing fanatics apparently. Left wing fanatics do bad stuff in groups but not as loners.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
us being in the EU is like a woman/man being in an abusive relationship, and when asked why she/he didn't leave says they stopped for the sake of the kids, and because they did not know how to survive. In the meantime getting battered instead of plucking up the courage to leave and maybe finding a much better life. Of course the abusive partner is always in the background making dire threats about how hard it will be after leaving
You need a new comedy writer, that lot is simply rubbish

Reactions: robdon and Wicky

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
A lesson for our spineless weak-kneed government on how to Walk Away from dictators..

"You have to be prepared to walk!"
Trump gives Theresa May a lesson in negotiation, walking away from an intransigent dictator, whilst May embraces hers.

View attachment 29285
This intransigent dictator?. Is it the chair of the ERG or of the DUP?.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
It's more than extraordinary, its fantastic.

I usually find that the most intelligent people have a gift for taking a complex situation and effortlessly breaking it down into simple and more easily understood chunks. I find Danidl does quite the reverse. He takes a relatively simple situation, adds in irrelevant complications and then re-assembles the entire package into something which is much more complicated than it was at the outset. He then tries to explain his newly manufactured complexity using unnecessarily obscure words and language. This causes him to confuses himself resulting in an incoherent mess on the pages of this thread. I quite like it for its comedy value.

But returning to your original statement, yes, I think he does lack self awareness and is consumed by his own self importance, which is also extremely funny.
Whats with the sudden outbreak of trolling?it comes across as pathetic attempts to compensate for fundamental lack of self esteem.

Advertisers