Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
It's quite extraordinary isn't it?

Completely lacks any self awareness.
It's more than extraordinary, its fantastic.

I usually find that the most intelligent people have a gift for taking a complex situation and effortlessly breaking it down into simple and more easily understood chunks. I find Danidl does quite the reverse. He takes a relatively simple situation, adds in irrelevant complications and then re-assembles the entire package into something which is much more complicated than it was at the outset. He then tries to explain his newly manufactured complexity using unnecessarily obscure words and language. This causes him to confuses himself resulting in an incoherent mess on the pages of this thread. I quite like it for its comedy value.

But returning to your original statement, yes, I think he does lack self awareness and is consumed by his own self importance, which is also extremely funny.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
It's more than extraordinary, its fantastic.

I usually find that the most intelligent people have a gift for taking a complex situation and effortlessly breaking it down into simple and more easily understood chunks. I find Danidl does quite the reverse. He takes a relatively simple situation, adds in irrelevant complications and then re-assembles the entire package into something which is much more complicated than it was at the outset. He then tries to explain his newly manufactured complexity using unnecessarily obscure words and language. This causes him to confuses himself resulting in an incoherent mess on the pages of this thread. I quite like it for its comedy value.

But returning to your original statement, yes, I think he does lack self awareness and is consumed by his own self importance, which is also extremely funny.

Yes. Once you cut through the pompousness he is an amusing little character.

Far too easy to wind up though.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm surprised May didn't do another reverse ferret to keep him

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/28/junior-minister-george-eustice-resigns-over-article-50-vote

How many reverses is it now?
Eustice is quite wrong with this statement:

Eustice, the MP for Camborne, Redruth and Hayle, also criticised the conduct of the Brussels negotiators. “I do not believe that the commission has behaved honourably during these negotiations,” he said.

“They have deliberately made progress slow and difficult. They have stated in terms that they will refuse to even hold substantive negotiations on a future partnership until after we leave."

This is a nonsensical accusation since we agreed the sequence of events in part one of the negotiations. In that we agreed that each stage was separate and wouldn't proceed to the next until agreement on the preceding stage.

All the EU are doing is sticking to the agreed agenda.

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Eustice is quite wrong with this statement:

Eustice, the MP for Camborne, Redruth and Hayle, also criticised the conduct of the Brussels negotiators. “I do not believe that the commission has behaved honourably during these negotiations,” he said.

“They have deliberately made progress slow and difficult. They have stated in terms that they will refuse to even hold substantive negotiations on a future partnership until after we leave."

This is a nonsensical accusation since we agreed the sequence of events in part one of the negotiations. In that we agreed that each stage was separate and wouldn't proceed to the next until agreement on the preceding stage.

All the EU are doing is sticking to the agreed agenda.

He's a very minor player.

He's not even made a statement.

• Informative
Reactions: Danidl and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what they have done already Try and overturn the result
But that wouldn't work again. The only reason it might happen this time is as a way of getting the House of Commons out of their gridlocked mess.

Without that excuse it won't happen again. This time if it happens is final.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Ha. Sure. Stolen. Right. The fact that Jews have lived there since time began - we'll just ignore that shall we? Sure. Let's ignore that.
Not true is it?
Ha. Sure. Stolen. Right. The fact that Jews have lived there since time began - we'll just ignore that shall we? Sure. Let's ignore that.
Here , educate yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan

Canaan was the real name of the area long before the Jews appeared on the scene.
So why did you as you put it suggest
"we'll just ignore that shall we? Sure. Let's ignore that"
As usual you don't bother with checkable facts, do you?

• Agree

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
us being in the EU is like a woman/man being in an abusive relationship, and when asked why she/he didn't leave says they stopped for the sake of the kids, and because they did not know how to survive. In the meantime getting battered instead of plucking up the courage to leave and maybe finding a much better life. Of course the abusive partner is always in the background making dire threats about how hard it will be after leaving

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
us being in the EU is like a woman/man being in an abusive relationship, and when asked why she/he didn't leave says they stopped for the sake of the kids, and because they did not know how to survive. In the meantime getting battered instead of plucking up the courage to leave and maybe finding a much better life. Of course the abusive partner is always in the background making dire threats about how hard it will be after leaving
you mean like trying to divorce after 43 years of marriage? it will be very tough at your age to find whatever you long for on your own.
Did anyone watch The Real Marigold last night?

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
That is a good analogy. Except at no stage has the EU threatened the UK. What it has said is that it cannot cherry pick . Carrying through your analogy, yes we can still be friends, but not friends with sleepover privileges.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Not relevant. I was quoting actual examples, not hypotheticals.
I'm surprised it's only been one with all the vitriol that's been spouted from both sides of the argument. Mind you many of the lefties have been too busy threatening their own MP's causing them to need police protection

Advertisers