Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This government should stop messing around with this stupid Brexit experiment and start running the country,as others have said they don't have the bandwidth to do everything,the NHS should be a priority.
Hunt will be the next to quit,he is clearly fed up being the whipping boy.
Hunt did not give the impression that he is about to quit, the winter crisis of the NHS gives him the aura of the only one who actually does some work in the government. It will come in handy when TM leaves.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Hunt did not give the impression that he is about to quit, the winter crisis of the NHS gives him the aura of the only one who actually does some work in the government. It will come in handy when TM leaves.
You know what would be good ? Why not some of our leaders that claim there is no NHS crisis, get their sleeves rolled up and go and do a TRUE fortnight's work at a busy Hospital or with the Paramedics teams, and then see the true reality.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You know what would be good ? Why not some of our leaders that claim there is no NHS crisis, get their sleeves rolled up and go and do a TRUE fortnight's work at a busy Hospital or with the Paramedics teams, and then see the true reality.
I think they know how we spend less on health care per capita than our neighbours.
My local hospital (Southend General) is regularly on black alert, this winter is no exception. I have just been advised that my next appointment there is postponed to September.
The fact is simple: when Labour left, our hospitals admitted about 1 million a year, it's now 1.4 millions a year. The money spent on the NHS did not go up accordingly so they simply have to give to each in-patient 65% treatment and send them home.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I think they know how we spend less on health care per capita than our neighbours.
My local hospital (Southend General) is regularly on black alert, this winter is no exception. I have just been advised that my next appointment there is postponed to September.
The fact is simple: when Labour left, our hospitals admitted about 1 million a year, it's now 1.4 millions a year. The money spent on the NHS did not go up accordingly so they simply have to give to each in-patient 65% treatment and send them home.
Is the problem not even more acute than that... My understanding is that the Conservative party has been in power since 2007 or 10 years. And cumulative inflation has been about 25% over that time.. based on CPI figures. In addition medical treatment particularly hi tech pharma products have become more expensive pro rata.
Other factors include an aging population, which requires more complicated medical interventions

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Is the problem not even more acute than that... My understanding is that the Conservative party has been in power since 2007 or 10 years. And cumulative inflation has been about 25% over that time.. based on CPI figures. In addition medical treatment particularly hi tech pharma products have become more expensive pro rata.
Other factors include an aging population, which requires more complicated medical interventions
And, this should have been accounted for by a smart government that cares about "its" electorate. What also is frightening, is the amount of volunteers within, that the NHS has become dependent on. Something dramatic has to happen for the better. Post Brexit, if we are stuck with this mob, the ugly spectre of "Healthcare for profit" will undoubtedly rear its head. Irritable Duncan Smith and his Confederate are nothing compared to the new bunch of nasties currently being hatched. Kathy Burke's latest tweet referring to Toby Young, and his mate Boris describes them most eloquently in one word.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Not to mention a large increase in obesity with the diabetes and other complications that brings...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Not to mention a large increase in obesity with the diabetes and other complications that brings...
And, in Scotland anyway, no after hours doctors. NHS 24 call center after 5pm weekdays and all weekend. Resulting in patients ending up unnecessarily in a hospital bed, whereas before a doctor would have dealt with the problem. I witnessed this time and time again with my own parents and in-laws. The cuts in social welfare have also added to what is increasingly becoming a perfect storm. Someone somewhere decided that certain aspects of healthcare were 9 to 5.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
This 'Sky' news item escaped my attention when it was broadcast live but I have now seen it and it represents a devastating condemnation of the incompetent leader of a despicable gang of evil, fascist, tory politicians who have forfeited any right to govern this country.

Tom
It must be true if its on Sky News :) Actually, all that he says is very accurate and relevant.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Private ownership of our railways was so incompetent that Britain had a disjointed system and poor controls over all aspects of public service transport. Public ownership improved the network and simplified fares while overseeing the Beeching cuts and the transformation from steam to diesel and electric power.

Tory dogma destroyed that great public service by hiving it off to their rich mates and today, the ticketing arrangements are a nightmare, the costs of travel always rising, service variable between different companies with poorly paid and poorly motivated staff. If ever an example of all that is worst in private enterprise was required, there is no need to look beyond our rail companies.

It can be fixed and it will be when it is returned to public ownership.

Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now Colemans Mustard are closing in Norwich after 160 years, moving partly to the North and partly to Germany, the latter no doubt to keep an EU presence. It'll probably all end up there if prior examples are anything to go by, and they are owned by Unilever, two thirds Dutch based.

And Michael Gove is stopping the EU farm subsidies in 2024, replacing with what he calls "efficiency based" ones. That's code for they'll have to earn the equivalent amounts extra, in other words giving no subsidies.

Ain't Brexit wonderful?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And Michael Gove is stopping the EU farm subsidies in 2024, replacing with what he calls "efficiency based" ones. That's code for they'll have to earn the equivalent amounts extra, in other words giving no subsidies.

Ain't Brexit wonderful?
he may find himself out of a job by then.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It must be difficult for politicians like Gove to give the appearance that they have undertaken Long term planning and determined on far reaching policies, when it is surely the most patently obvious lie of all time.

He is relying on the Public forgetting any statement he makes now, long before the purely fictional date of implementation .
Hence there is nothing in the way of factual details as to the strategy, rules or benefits to the Farmer and Public from the scheme.

Best response would seem to be "lets give it to the NHS instead, as this is a shorter message than.

"Lets give an excellence award to keep the Landowners sweet over caring for the Environment"

There isn't a red bus big enough to carry the message, you would have to use several coaches of a Red train to do that.

And all because the Government has realised people know they no longer bother to run the country, they put on a pathetic little show like this.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now Colemans Mustard are closing in Norwich after 160 years, moving partly to the North and partly to Germany, the latter no doubt to keep an EU presence. It'll probably all end up there if prior examples are anything to go by, and they are owned by Unilever, two thirds Dutch based.

Ain't Brexit wonderful?
It's quite simple flecc, all the farmers have to do to get these "Free Beer tomorrow" awards is to do what the Schools did under Gove's watch, remember?
I'll rephrase what he said to reflect his new powers

"The Environment Secretary wants all Landowners to be better than Average"

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Ain't Brexit wonderful?
Considering that Brexit means the end of the CAP, you have to ask who will decide what "Efficiency" in Farming actually is?
All hell broke out here in Yorkshire when "The men from the ministry" came onto the land at the start of the second world war with quite absurd ideas of what crops would grow in the edges of the Moorland areas.
It created havoc till the local farmers got the situation back under control.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers