Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
OG
I disagree with this load of bo110x.

"these are after all the main supporters of Brexit,who feel the Government isn't doing enough for them because the EU prevents them doing so."

And your generalisation that every landlord is living off others is sheer BS. Actually I could have sold house easily and invested it elsewhere to make more.( sponging off rich is loads easier than anyone else) I kept the house so family could stay in it on minimum rent paid by government.
(House rental is at best 5%, nearer 3 taking everything into account)I,m getting around 12 on my business interests, and could use that £165k to do same)
You really are bigotted OG.
You know about as much about house rental as you do most other things. Feck all.

At moment renting out houses is about keeping capital together, keeping a family housed and paying upkeep and taxes. Its definitely not about profiteering or even making money. Do the maths OG. House worth £165k. Rental £500 a month. Taxes,wear,repairs,agent fees..I,d get more on stock market with lots less hassle.
You really need a reality check,never mind my needing a morality one. Profiteering according to you is 3.6% gross profit.? Agent charges 15% , taxed on gross at 20%. No wonder you support Labour,Corbyn has similar ideas about economics. You and your kind would bankrupt country in a week.
And BTW out of my £350 monthly profiteering I have to pay annual gas check and all major repairs. Last year we just broke even.( house needed new boiler ,roof and gutter repairs)
But ofcourse you are allowed to call my morals into question because you support labour, well claim to now . And last time we had a Tennant change I had to break into my own house because locks had been super glued,)

When current tennants leave, house will be sold. You can buy it OG and start profiteering, but be warned if you take a mortgage out its likely ( infact guaranteed) you will lose money. Fact. Profiteering, what a p1lock.
Quick quid or whatever its called charge over 1000% on loans. Landlords like myself
are getting under 5% ( well under) and without them.property values would collapse, number of homeless would explode yet idiots like yourself in sheer ignorance are allowed to generalise as lefties are so.prone to and see my activities as immoral and profiteering. I won't expect your apologies only your justifications.
Zlatan....to make money out of residential property you need high inflation,you make the money out of capital growth and wonderfully our governments do not tax inflationary rises.
I grin every time I see these buy to let TV programmes,they talk about a 4% return,hopeless....the regs around property and the demands of tenants would evaporate such income,if you are on borrowed money you would be very lucky to break even.
Nigel Lawson allowed money with full tax relief into BES companies,it was pounds from heaven,you needed a friendly bank to lend the money.
I built streets of purpose built rental properties in the 80's,I sold everything in the early 2000's...the Wilsons were very famous and bought up estates near Ashford,getting up to 800 units,an awful couple.....a professional PLC built blocks of student flats for the universities,the universities build their own now.
There may come a day again when money can be made on buy to let but that time may be years away,the 80/90's were a unique period,easy money.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The remainers I'm associated with still believe we may avoid the catastrophe awaiting us and are campaigning to ensure there is opportunity to reject any deal which fails to match the benefits currently enjoyed as a full EU member with a vote in all matters. There is no acceptance that defeat is inevitable.

In the event that we find ourselves out in a year or so, I have no doubt that there will be, sooner or later, a movement to rejoin which will grow exponentially with the economic slump which will hit the ordinary folk hardest and render many unemployed. Sadly, any rejoining terms made available to the UK will inevitably be less generous and advantageous than those extant.

Tom
Unfortunately,the Leavers will blame us Remainers for the failure of Brexit,blaming that we watered down Brexit and should have got behind hard Brexit,it will be our fault.
KudosDave

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Zlatan....to make money out of residential property you need high inflation,you make the money out of capital growth and wonderfully our governments do not tax inflationary rises.
I grin every time I see these buy to let TV programmes,they talk about a 4% return,hopeless....the regs around property and the demands of tenants would evaporate such income,if you are on borrowed money you would be very lucky to break even.
Nigel Lawson allowed money with full tax relief into BES companies,it was pounds from heaven,you needed a friendly bank to lend the money.
I built streets of purpose built rental properties in the 80's,I sold everything in the early 2000's...the Wilsons were very famous and bought up estates near Ashford,getting up to 800 units,an awful couple.....a professional PLC built blocks of student flats for the universities,the universities build their own now.
There may come a day again when money can be made on buy to let but that time may be years away,the 80/90's were a unique period,easy money.
KudosDave
I agree, if you are borrowing money to fund a buy-to-let, then you will be lucky to break even on the rental income and will be totally reliant house price inflation to make the venture worthwhile.

If you do the research, buy high quality accommodation in a desirable area, only rent to tenants in employment and adhere to one other factor which isn't very politically correct, a 4.5% return is achievable. Any inflationary rise is a bonus on top of that. This set of rules has served me well and I have no complaints regarding property. I don't think property is an area where people should invest a high proportion of their assets, but it's a good one to have in the mix.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Judging by the random capitalisation in your second attachment, I would say that it was written by Oldgroaner.

wheeler
Can you quote some examples of me doing that rather than copying and pasting what others have written or Published?
This is one of those cases
"This in the Sunday Express
"
David Davis lets slip 'Brexit could be IGNORED' sparking fears divorce 'may NOT happen'

I suggest you write to them and complain about their abuse of the written word.

Please check before shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Zlatan and robdon

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Can you quote some examples of me doing that rather than copying and pasting what others have written or Published?
Above is an example in your last post, the foot shooting is all yours.

I was merely suggesting that the writing style shown in Tom's attachment was very similar to yours due to the random capitalisation of words. I didn't mean that you actually wrote it.

I suggest you lighten up, it's only about four hours till the bells.

A guid New Year tae ye.

wheeler

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Above is an example in your last post, the foot shooting is all yours.

I was merely suggesting that the writing style shown in Tom's attachment was very similar to yours due to the random capitalisation of words. I didn't mean that you actually wrote it.

I suggest you lighten up, it's only about four hours till the bells.

A guid New Year tae ye.

wheeler
Nice try,but in fact you came on here like a gunslinger entering a bar, not good way of introducing yourself, is it?
There was no reason or justification for your attempted "put down"
This is your actual post
"Judging by the random capitalisation in your second attachment, I would say that it was written by Oldgroaner."

How then do you come out with this?
"
I was merely suggesting that the writing style shown in Tom's attachment was very similar to yours due to the random capitalisation of words. I didn't mean that you actually wrote it."

Are you sure you know what you are writing?

Bliadhna Mhath Ùr to you to!

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Like reading some populist UK "news" paper's conspiracy theory take on a readjustment provoked by the UK leaving?
No need for populist UK "news" paper's conspiracy theory, here are a couple of trolls, by your definition, for your further research,

https://www.euractiv.com/topics/european-parliament-elections-2019/

https://www.euractiv.com/section/future-eu/opinion/unprecedented-vote-on-budget-puts-sd-on-track-for-eu-elections-in-2019/

Not of interest to the UK after we leave the EU but the EU Citizens votes could drastically change the make up of the future EU Parliament if any changes to the election procedure were seen as restricting eurosceptic representation.

Happy New Year..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
KudosDave
Could not agree more. Its been sheer circumstance we remained land lords. Selling with a tennant devalues property and asking them.to leave not quite right...but try telling OG that.
Why that allows OG to decide I,m profiteering and a hypocrit I,m not quite sure but in doing so he sheds light on why Labour will never see power under Corbyn. If I,m seen as OG suggests (ie profiteering??). the entire business world will never support him.
BTW house prices are not rising sufficiently to see capital growth. Perhaps selective isolated regions but generally houses are not even beating FTSE,which has also stagnated for last decade. Best thing to do at moment if you have capital is spend it...no pockets in shrouds.

Reactions: OxygenJames

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I agree, if you are borrowing money to fund a buy-to-let, then you will be lucky to break even on the rental income and will be totally reliant house price inflation to make the venture worthwhile.

If you do the research, buy high quality accommodation in a desirable area, only rent to tenants in employment and adhere to one other factor which isn't very politically correct, a 4.5% return is achievable. Any inflationary rise is a bonus on top of that. This set of rules has served me well and I have no complaints regarding property. I don't think property is an area where people should invest a high proportion of their assets, but it's a good one to have in the mix.
Best place ( IMO) is commercial lets with residential included. No stamp duty if under 150k which there now is on second property, no council tax if empty ( if you buy listed) and relatively higher returns. You can achieve 8% and its not long since 10 was easily attainable..but none are without problems... But less capitial growth and probably harder to get out of... so all in all I,m not fond of buying property to rent out...I,ve done way better with other stuff but that came with its own risks..Nothing easy now...all risky..

On the OG, Old Tom thing...Those 2 and Robdon are unnaturaly close...or perhaps naturally. There is something not quite right about comments, styles, mutual support and timing of posts and "likes". All imbeciles or both imbeciles or he/ she s an imbecile. Who knows.?

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No need for populist UK "news" paper's conspiracy theory, here are a couple of trolls, by your definition, for your further research,

https://www.euractiv.com/topics/european-parliament-elections-2019/

https://www.euractiv.com/section/future-eu/opinion/unprecedented-vote-on-budget-puts-sd-on-track-for-eu-elections-in-2019/

Not of interest to the UK after we leave the EU but the EU Citizens votes could drastically change the make up of the future EU Parliament if any changes to the election procedure were seen as restricting eurosceptic representation.

Happy New Year..
??? I still don't understand your alternative reading of these texts... Or misunderstanding. Or wishful thinking.

I will know in about 10 days if it is going to be happy or ho-hum.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
OG
I disagree with this load of bo110x.

"these are after all the main supporters of Brexit,who feel the Government isn't doing enough for them because the EU prevents them doing so."

And your generalisation that every landlord is living off others is sheer BS. Actually I could have sold house easily and invested it elsewhere to make more.( sponging off rich is loads easier than anyone else) I kept the house so family could stay in it on minimum rent paid by government.
(House rental is at best 5%, nearer 3 taking everything into account)I,m getting around 12 on my business interests, and could use that £165k to do same)
You really are bigotted OG.
You know about as much about house rental as you do most other things. Feck all.

At moment renting out houses is about keeping capital together, keeping a family housed and paying upkeep and taxes. Its definitely not about profiteering or even making money. Do the maths OG. House worth £165k. Rental £500 a month. Taxes,wear,repairs,agent fees..I,d get more on stock market with lots less hassle.
You really need a reality check,never mind my needing a morality one. Profiteering according to you is 3.6% gross profit.? Agent charges 15% , taxed on gross at 20%. No wonder you support Labour,Corbyn has similar ideas about economics. You and your kind would bankrupt country in a week.
And BTW out of my £350 monthly profiteering I have to pay annual gas check and all major repairs. Last year we just broke even.( house needed new boiler ,roof and gutter repairs)
But ofcourse you are allowed to call my morals into question because you support labour, well claim to now . And last time we had a Tennant change I had to break into my own house because locks had been super glued,)

When current tennants leave, house will be sold. You can buy it OG and start profiteering, but be warned if you take a mortgage out its likely ( infact guaranteed) you will lose money. Fact. Profiteering, what a p1lock.
Quick quid or whatever its called charge over 1000% on loans. Landlords like myself
are getting under 5% ( well under) and without them.property values would collapse, number of homeless would explode yet idiots like yourself in sheer ignorance are allowed to generalise as lefties are so.prone to and see my activities as immoral and profiteering. I won't expect your apologies only your justifications.
An apology from OG?! Come on now. Be sensible. That's something you are almost never going to see - no matter what the circumstances.

Nice rant btw - we (me and the wife) rented out one of our flats after moving in together - got tenants in there - nice family - but with Corbyn making all the noises he is we are going to sell next year - its just too risky - interest rates going up (we have some of it on a mortgage) - but mainly the insanity of Corbyn and the fact that he seems to hate landlords - even good ones like me who look after the place - don't charge top rents - don't hold massive deposits - but Corbyn's not interested - he'll do some insane rent cap that will mean the number of decent places available will go down because people like me will get out of the business - meaning you're left with less properties and of lower quality. Of course he might not get in - but I don't really want the stress of thinking he might - so next year its bad news for my tenants.

Oh - one correction on something you said - that 70% A and E figure is often misquoted - was from a study on the main hospital in Newcastle - the actual facts (something various people here don't like but you sound like you're open to them) - the actual fact is that the 70% refers to Sat night from 2 - 4am. Overall for the weekend the figure is - if memory serves me right - 12%. Public Health England, who if they have their way will ban anything we like to do - and they're one of the one's who continually refer to that figure - incorrectly.

Reactions: Zlatan

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Details here: http://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/lying-about-alcohol-and-e-attendances.html?m=1

An apology from OG?! Come on now. Be sensible. That's something you are almost never going to see - no matter what the circumstances.

Nice rant btw - we (me and the wife) rented out one of our flats after moving in together - got tenants in there - nice family - but with Corbyn making all the noises he is we are going to sell next year - its just too risky - interest rates going up (we have some of it on a mortgage) - but mainly the insanity of Corbyn and the fact that he seems to hate landlords - even good ones like me who look after the place - don't charge top rents - don't hold massive deposits - but Corbyn's not interested - he'll do some insane rent cap that will mean the number of decent places available will go down because people like me will get out of the business - meaning you're left with less properties and of lower quality. Of course he might not get in - but I don't really want the stress of thinking he might - so next year its bad news for my tenants.

Oh - one correction on something you said - that 70% A and E figure is often misquoted - was from a study on the main hospital in Newcastle - the actual facts (something various people here don't like but you sound like you're open to them) - the actual fact is that the 70% refers to Sat night from 2 - 4am. Overall for the weekend the figure is - if memory serves me right - 12%. Public Health England, who if they have their way will ban anything we like to do - and they're one of the one's who continually refer to that figure - incorrectly.

Reactions: Zlatan

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
What I always find disappointing when a Labour Government gets in, is that all these "celebrities" and rich parasites who say they're going to leave the country if labour gets in, don't.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Advertisers