Brexit, for once some facts.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
that is the reason behind it
Do you think there is a reason ?
I think it was a mistake that backfired on Cameron and Co. The same way that the election nearly backfired on May. The biggest problem any politician has regardless of what side of the house they sit, is the amount of ** that is peddled on Twitter and the like, that the recipients take as gospel. Backed up by nonsense in the media. Mind you the up and coming Royal wedding will take the heat for a while.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
OG
I disagree with this load of bo110x.

"these are after all the main supporters of Brexit,who feel the Government isn't doing enough for them because the EU prevents them doing so."

And your generalisation that every landlord is living off others is sheer BS. Actually I could have sold house easily and invested it elsewhere to make more.( sponging off rich is loads easier than anyone else) I kept the house so family could stay in it on minimum rent paid by government.
(House rental is at best 5%, nearer 3 taking everything into account)I,m getting around 12 on my business interests, and could use that £165k to do same)
You really are bigotted OG.
You know about as much about house rental as you do most other things. Feck all.

At moment renting out houses is about keeping capital together, keeping a family housed and paying upkeep and taxes. Its definitely not about profiteering or even making money. Do the maths OG. House worth £165k. Rental £500 a month. Taxes,wear,repairs,agent fees..I,d get more on stock market with lots less hassle.
You really need a reality check,never mind my needing a morality one. Profiteering according to you is 3.6% gross profit.? Agent charges 15% , taxed on gross at 20%. No wonder you support Labour,Corbyn has similar ideas about economics. You and your kind would bankrupt country in a week.
And BTW out of my £350 monthly profiteering I have to pay annual gas check and all major repairs. Last year we just broke even.( house needed new boiler ,roof and gutter repairs)
But ofcourse you are allowed to call my morals into question because you support labour, well claim to now . And last time we had a Tennant change I had to break into my own house because locks had been super glued,)

When current tennants leave, house will be sold. You can buy it OG and start profiteering, but be warned if you take a mortgage out its likely ( infact guaranteed) you will lose money. Fact. Profiteering, what a p1lock.
Quick quid or whatever its called charge over 1000% on loans. Landlords like myself
are getting under 5% ( well under) and without them.property values would collapse, number of homeless would explode yet idiots like yourself in sheer ignorance are allowed to generalise as lefties are so.prone to and see my activities as immoral and profiteering. I won't expect your apologies only your justifications.
The simple fact is you are accepting taxpayers money as Rent and there isn't any way you can deny that you are beneffiting from a system you profess to despise.

"yet idiots like yourself in sheer ignorance are allowed to generalise as lefties are so.prone to and see my activities as immoral and profiteering. I won't expect your apologies only your justifications"

Just as well as I told you the simple truth, after all you admitted taking Taxpayers handouts as rent, didn't you? Why should I apologise for pointing out the truth.
It seems you are , like most Right wingers, operating under a completely false moral code.

And all your lies and bluster don't cover up the fact that you fit in with this old saying

Normally I can't stand hypocrisy,
but I'm prepared to make an exception in my own case.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Do you think there is a reason ?
I think it was a mistake that backfired on Cameron and Co. The same way that the election nearly backfired on May. The biggest problem any politician has regardless of what side of the house they sit, is the amount of ** that is peddled on Twitter and the like, that the recipients take as gospel. Backed up by nonsense in the media. Mind you the up and coming Royal wedding will take the heat for a while.
There wasn't a reason to begin with (except in the minds of a few nutters) but the opportunity to mug the Public Brexit represents soon made the Vultures gather and plan what to do.
Hence we hear so much from the likes of Jackass, Gollum , Fox ,Davis and Boris the Braindead. Their paymasters are directing them.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Just let me be clear about this.......a knighthood for the worst drummer of any major rock band....ever?

A knighthood for Clegg, possibly the most unprincipled, self-serving political nonentity of them all in recent years........yes, I think I understand the honours system now!

Tom
Jimmy Saville was knighted. That tells you all that you need to know about the system.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I see that cardboard tents are being issues to homeless people in the very heart of the EU, Brussels. It appears that homelessness is not exclusively an evil UK problem or one manufactured by an equally evil Conservative government. The homeless issue seems to be aligned to over population created by to a large extent by rapid, unplanned & uncontrolled population expansion, which is very much an EU manufactured situation. Further evidence can be found in France, Germany, Italy & Greece (other EU countries are available).

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Here is a list of fine, upstanding people who declined to be party to the honours charade. They get my respect.

a list of 277 people who had turned down honours between 1951 and 1999, and who had since died, was made public by the Cabinet Office following a BBC Freedom of Information request. The list included the authors Roald Dahl, J G Ballard and Aldous Huxley, and the painters Francis Bacon, Lucien Freud and LS Lowry.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Further evidence can be found in France, Germany, Italy & Greece (other EU countries are available).
That bastion of capitalism, enterprise and free-market economy, the USA, has probably more down-and-outs in one railyard than in the whole of Brussels so I'd suggest the problem of homelessness is not unique to EU states.

Homeless people represent just one area of collateral damage brought about as a direct result of capitalism. That no-one cares is the saddest part! Kudos to the Belgian authorities for doing something rather than simply ignoring the problem.

In America, Boxcar Willie and countless other singers have recorded songs about the railroad system which has accumulated hobos, usually riding freight trains illegally as they attempt to subsist in the richest country on Earth. Many of those singers and songwriters have contributed to charities which attempt to ease the daily lives of those who have crashed out of mainstream society in that country where the law of the jungle applies and only the fittest survive.

Here's one song by Wille Nelson but 'Youtube' has shedloads of songs about trains and the hobos who ride them. Sadly, in spite of the charitable efforts of a few individuals, the US government chooses to spend the American tax dollar on missiles and assorted military hardware rather than on its own people.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see that cardboard tents are being issues to homeless people in the very heart of the EU, Brussels. It appears that homelessness is not exclusively an evil UK problem or one manufactured by an equally evil Conservative government. The homeless issue seems to be aligned to over population created by to a large extent by rapid, unplanned & uncontrolled population expansion, which is very much an EU manufactured situation. Further evidence can be found in France, Germany, Italy & Greece (other EU countries are available).
No tillson this is a universal problem , not manufactured by the EU just because it suits you to believe that.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The city of Toulouse has a program to get people out of tents and into social housing. There are three criteria to fulfil: respect the housing you are given, sign up for language lessons/put kids in school and actively search for a job. They have managed to close down two sites occupied largely by Romanians, Albanians and Hungarians. These people are visited regularly by social service workers to help sort out day to day stuff and make sure the conditions are respected.

Problems so far? People who don't want to move out of the street.

This is an initiative by a local city council, nothing to do with France, nothing to do with the EU. But I guess if funding were to be provided by the former it would help extend the program.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The city of Toulouse has a program to get people out of tents and into social housing. There are three criteria to fulfil: respect the housing you are given, sign up for language lessons/put kids in school and actively search for a job. They have managed to close down two sites occupied largely by Romanians, Albanians and Hungarians. These people are visited regularly by social service workers to help sort out day to day stuff and make sure the conditions are respected.

Problems so far? People who don't want to move out of the street.
Problem 2: What to do when they don't respect the housing or the general area in which they live?

It is problem 2 where it all falls apart. No one has the balls tackle it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Problem is "we" are a credit society. You would have thought that after the 2008 crash, which was credit driven, we would have learned,
It goes back much further, the random mass issuing of credit cards in the 1970s started the habit of getting deeply into debt. The first personal debt crisis resulting from that was the 1980 Thatcher recession.

Then she stupidly allowed council house tenants to buy their homes at huge discounts and they quickly realised they could borrow on the collateral. That enabled them to meet their credit payments so buy even more on credit, plunging them even deeper into debt. That led straight to the next crisis of the 1991 John Major recession.

They didn't learn the first time in 1980, they didn't the second time in 1991, so of course they didn't in 2008. Hang around long enough and you'll see them doing this many more times. People truly never learn, the past only viewed through rosy specs.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Problem 2: What to do when they don't respect the housing or the general area in which they live?

It is problem 2 where it all falls apart. No one has the balls tackle it.
We are in fuzzy feel good season, the documentary didn't touch on that aspect. But as flecc said, here, if you break the rules you are chucked out.

Macron has said that the financial immigrants should not be plugging up the refugee/asylum system and he wants them out. More free flights back to Albania in 2018 I guess...

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: robdon and tillson

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Lord Adonis resigning letter was word for word in line with my own thoughts.
Notice Bone said he was due to be pushed anyway,this government don't want dissent in any form,May needs to be surrounded by Brexit yes men,or women.
The bit I liked best was the suggestion that our children would in the future be trying to negotiate us back into the EU,wondering why their parents were so destructive.
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
remainers admit defeat and prepare for a long war:

"It could be that 2018 will be the year in which opposition to Brexit transforms into the beginnings of the campaign to rejoin the EU after we have left."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/andrew-adonis-theresa-may-eu-resignation-rejoin-brexit-a8134671.html
We beat them to it in this thread, a number of us saying that we will be trying to rejoin the EU after a period outside. That will happen well within the majority of the population's lifetimes.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Lord Adonis resigning letter was word for word in line with my own thoughts.
Notice Bone said he was due to be pushed anyway,this government don't want dissent in any form,May needs to be surrounded by Brexit yes men,or women.
The bit I liked best was the suggestion that our children would in the future be trying to negotiate us back into the EU,wondering why their parents were so destructive.
KudosDave
The whole situation is becoming like a falling out among thieves. I'll start worrying after the outcome. For now I'll sit back and watch a bunch of "second rate school teachers" do their best.

Advertisers