Brexit, for once some facts.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Your car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, and you find that out when you sell it, not trade it.
I've been in the motor business on and off for 35 years. I think I know what I am talking about. Nice try though.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm not disillusioned. Confirmation bias anybody?
Evidence in support of Brexit being a good idea would be far more convincing than your opinion, but there isn't any is there?
Just wishful thinking , and Monty Python's flying circus wanabees negotiating on their paymasters behalf rather than that of the Voters.
Yet despite this you are not disillusioned?
Only a Conservative could have such misplaced faith.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Spot on. Same with the IMF and the CBI and all the so called 'experts' who called it wrong. Now we have them all back - telling us their latest ideas on what is going to happen. Pass the popcorn.
It usually helpful to provide the source for quotations. Unattributed or unattributable sources are just noise and prattle. The key point however from the second quote is that Brexit has not yet happened.
Putting it in context.
1. A sizeable minority of the UK population were allowed vote in a non binding referendum. People who might have been expected to have a major interest... UK people residing on mainland Europe, were excluded..
2. The wafer thin majority voted for brexit.. on some ill-defined premise. 52 to 48 is hardly conclusive.
3. The government concurred and sent a letter to the EU
4. There have been a succession of meetings since, where the EU has sought to find out how the UK is going to meet its obligations on leaving. That culminated in a farce two weeks ago where maybe half the cabinet publicly disagreed with what your prime minister had agreed to. The result of this is a total lack of trust on the EU side and a demand that what has been agreed, by your elected leader has the force of law.
5. There have been no discussions to date on the future relationship .

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
4. There have been a succession of meetings since, where the EU has sought to find out how the UK is going to meet its obligations on leaving. That culminated in a farce two weeks ago where maybe half the cabinet publicly disagreed with what your prime minister had agreed to. The result of this is a total lack of trust on the EU side and a demand that what has been agreed, by your elected leader has the force of law.
the hard brexiteers own TM's fate. They won't care if TM gets no further concession from the EU. They want to diverge as soon as possible as a proof of regaining independence.
the UK will have little space between what the EU27 is prepared to offer and CETA.
I pin my hope for a softer brexit on the tories to lose a few seats in by-elections from now to October 2018.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
1. A sizeable minority of the UK population were allowed vote in a non binding referendum. People who might have been expected to have a major interest... UK people residing on mainland Europe, were excluded..
the tories made the promise to carry out the result, then the last GE kept the tories in government, confirming directly their obligation to carry out brexit.
However, nobody voted on the future relationship with the EU27. That matter must be decided solely by indirect representation because it is technically complicated.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
And yet despite that you don't know the real value of your car? No wonder you fell for Brexit.
It's Christmas Day. Take the day off. Remoaning on this thread is like working in an Amazon warehouse, it’s a zero hours contract with no overtime and you are on a hiding to nothing. All the best to you.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's Christmas Day. Take the day off. Remoaning on this thread is like working in an Amazon warehouse, it’s a zero hours contract with no overtime and you are on a hiding to nothing. All the best to you.
Remoaning? now they have you using their terms, and FYI Christmas and Brexit are both based on fantasy not fact, no day off for me.

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Things are looking up. I see roads filled with Sisu trucks and farmers tilling their fields with Valmet tractors.

We want a deep partnership' Finland wants even CLOSER relationship with UK after Brexit'

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Things are looking up. I see roads filled with Sisu trucks and farmers tilling their fields with Valmet tractors.

We want a deep partnership' Finland wants even CLOSER relationship with UK after Brexit'
You mean in the sauna? Little old Finnish ladies beating you with mulberry branches might be your thing but I'll pass on that thanks :rolleyes:

• :D
  • Agree

Advertisers