Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There is a fundamental distinction. The remainers knew what they were voting for. The brexiteers didn't . they just hoped and wished . The situation as it pertains today is the the UK is actually still a member, and could still be a member in five years time. All the expectations as raised by the leave camp are being dismantled as reality dawns. The remainers could well be in the majority. It is therefore unfair to seek to claim an equivalence in competence. When and if there is a full Brexit, that would be the time to cancel the division.
All that might (???) well be case but please explain how maintaining the distinction of how you voted last June actually benefits anything? The label neither aligns a person to a political view point or party. Leaver and remainer are purely rhetorical terms generally used by both sides to generalise and insult the other. Whatever your stance it has become a pointless classification,telling no one about your point of view or opinions.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Dont you lot ever get bored with this thread ?
Its the same old shyte. Brexiteers aint gonna change their views and neither are Remainers.
Why dont you all let it go FFS !!..... none of you are going to persuade either side to come round to each others point of view.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
All that might (???) well be case but please explain how maintaining the distinction of how you voted last June actually benefits anything? The label neither aligns a person to a political view point or party. Leaver and remainer are purely rhetorical terms generally used by both sides to generalise and insult the other. Whatever your stance it has become a pointless classification,telling no one about your point of view or opinions.
I expect you may not have meant it literally, but of course I did not vote in your referendum. Living as I do in another country, and being a citizen of it, the option was not open to me, so as that polite woman in the red beret, in the channel 4 news segment put it " Ireland lost , get over it, you can't have everything...."
The reason it still matters is that the end game has not yet played out.
There seems to be an air of fatalistic ennui within the UK, on one side and an empty triumphalism on the other. Both of which are very dangerous in a democracy.
Can you not see how corrosive the entire saga has been? . It has cost. A prime minister, a government its majority, zero legislation over a protracted period, utter indecision . Reductions in living standards, cost of living increases, reduced productivity .. a proud nation scrambling around in a desire to create international friends while ignoring and insulting those who have been your allies for 50 + years , and only last week a concerted attempt to ridicule and offend your closest neighbour with lies, nothing yet has been achieve.. need I go on...
When the history of this time comes to be written, it needs to be shown that one side was wilful. That is why these are not just debating points.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Its the same old shyte. Brexiteers aint gonna change their views and neither are Remainers.
Why dont you all let it go FFS !!..... none of you are going to persuade either side to come round to each others point of view.
See my response to Zathlan, as to why it is still premature to do so. This saga is not yet played out. Either you cannot accept that this is the biggest event for the UK in 60 years, or it has overwhelmed you to the extent that you just want to walk away... And I can appreciate the latter.... But you do need to engage or you and yours will be damaged into the future.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
What makes you think we're trying to persuade each other? This thread is all about sanctimonious posturing. And I have a hunch you're getting a sense for it, welcome.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you don't like it, don't enter. Don't you realise that in entering to protest a second time that you don't like it in here you are being far more stupid than anyone posting in this thread?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I expect you may not have meant it literally, but of course I did not vote in your referendum. Living as I do in another country, and being a citizen of it, the option was not open to me, so as that polite woman in the red beret, in the channel 4 news segment put it " Ireland lost , get over it, you can't have everything...."
The reason it still matters is that the end game has not yet played out.
There seems to be an air of fatalistic ennui within the UK, on one side and an empty triumphalism on the other. Both of which are very dangerous in a democracy.
Can you not see how corrosive the entire saga has been? . It has cost. A prime minister, a government its majority, zero legislation over a protracted period, utter indecision . Reductions in living standards, cost of living increases, reduced productivity .. a proud nation scrambling around in a desire to create international friends while ignoring and insulting those who have been your allies for 50 + years , and only last week a concerted attempt to ridicule and offend your closest neighbour with lies, nothing yet has been achieve.. need I go on...
When the history of this time comes to be written, it needs to be shown that one side was wilful. That is why these are not just debating points.
I could just repost my earlier response...but...again what you say is true but the distinction between leaver and remainer is purely a stereotype you are now promoting..
There is no characteristic ;belief or experience unique to either group..Yes, leavers voted to leave months ago but now ???
What possible benefit is there of distinguishing between the groups now.. we should be concentrating on opinions ;policies and action for the future...not what individuals did months ago...
Unless we get another chance to vote its a utterly pointless and divisive label...actually like most rhetorical labels are . Continuing the distinction is promoting prejudice.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
If you don't like it, don't enter. Don't you realise that in entering to protest that you don't like it in here you are being far more stupid than anyone posting in this thread?
Every time i look in this forum, this thread is top of of the recent posts.
I expect this pleases you, seeing you seeing as its you that started this thread. But i cant be the only one that thinks this Brexit shyte has dominated this forum.
This is supposed to be an Ebike forum.

• Dislike

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I expect this pleases you, seeing you seeing as its you that started this thread. But i cant be the only one that thinks this Brexit shyte has dominated this forum.
And your point ?
Does it really matter a subject affecting everyone's life in Europe promotes more interest than how far you didn't pedal yesterday afternoon ?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not true, The Charging Post is specifically not an e-bike forum, as it's sub title states.

It sits alongside 20 other forums which are for e-bike subjects. Isn't that enough for you?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And you aren't going to persuade us either are you?
So why did you come on the thread when you had nothing of value to say?
The most important change in your lifetime is happening under your nose and this post is the best you can come up with?
It all bores you?
What a wonderful attitude, no wonder the place is going to the dogs.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Daily Mail
Lord Nigel show what Right Wing integrity amounts to

"As an MEP, Farage is in entitled to £73,000 when he reaches the age of 63. . The pension could be part-funded by Britain's estimated £50 billion 'divorce bill' - if there is a Brexit deal. Asked on BBC1's The Andrew Marr Show if he would accept the money, Mr Farage replied: 'Of course I would take it. I have said that right from day one. Why should my family and others suffer even more.'

After the suffering they had on the Money he got for Expenses even though he had the worst attendance and behaviour record of any MEP?
Oh Sure.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The despicable incompetent keeping the seat warm for a proper PM continues to lie in answer to every question posed to her. Those who have suggested that we will get a really poor deal out of the 'Brexit' negotiations but with such a deal presented as if it is a great victory for the negotiating skills of May and her hand-picked team are probably correct.

Here is how May answered questions about the NHS crisis:

Tom

• Agree

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Have you no interest in politics?
The EU are planning a big hike in duty on e-bikes from China,that will affect whether forum users still buy an e-bike,it will also affect most of the traders who are the financial contributors to this forum,to the extent that many will cease trading.....is that enough relevance for you.
Post Brexit nobody knows whether the UK will continue with these tariffs.
If Brexit doesn't impact your life I would be surprised.
When I told one of my friends about Rees-Moggs form of Brexit he realised that he would be in terrible problems (no housing benefit),he wasn't interested and then questioned me for an hour about its effects.
KudosDave

Georgew

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2016
Fife Scotland
It looks very much like the tory propaganda organs really don't know how to present the ongoing fiasco over 'Brexit' any more, such is the variety of disinformation making the headlines:

blogs-the-papers-42217558

View attachment 22357

Tom
Yes..............it's a pity that this was not recognised during the Scottish Independence Referendum when the BBC suppressed and distorted the news to favour the Unionist cause....even to the extent of stitching different videos together.

Advertisers