Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Come on Steb, surely you have been reading the posts of OG / Oldtom? Oldtom does exactly that all day - with insults to boot.
And you don't so any of those things do you ?. or rather you are blissfully unaware of doing so.
That's the Conservative way, profound denial.

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express
"
BREXIT BOMBSHELL: What happens to £20 TRILLION held in British banks if EU laws fail?
BANK of England chiefs have warned up £20 TRILLION held by UK banks hangs in balance because EU bosses refuse to negotiate..

No worries Guv, we've got 'em where they want us, ain't we?

Seriously what game are the Express playing?

And on the same page these two sub heads

POUND LIVE: Pound drops against both euro and dollar following the Bank of Engalnd's vote

Pound v Dollar: Pound holds against US dollar as markets brace for expected BoE rate hike

?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Did I miss any minority group there?
Yes, those who incredibly don't know that there is a Brexit in progress. They really do exist, I saw one interviewed on TV.

I don't suppose they are newspaper buyers but they might pick up a discarded copy.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, those who incredibly don't know that there is a Brexit in progress. They really do exist, I saw one interviewed on TV.

I don't suppose they are newspaper buyers but they might pick up a discarded copy.
Amazing!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
"Gasp... WHAT?!!! We are leaving the EU? Since when?"

Reactions: flecc and robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
My reaction, probably like that of millions of others, on hearing the announcement about the appointment of a new Defence Secretary, was 'who?'

For the benefit of anyone still unfamiliar with Gavin Williamson, the member for South Staffs, here is a brief résumé:

23231494_647744095613437_658766309538372957_n.jpg

So there you have it. Conservative politics in action!

Tom

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
My reaction, probably like that of millions of others, on hearing the announcement about the appointment of a new Defence Secretary, was 'who?'

For the benefit of anyone still unfamiliar with Gavin Williamson, the member for South Staffs, here is a brief résumé:

View attachment 21984

Tom
My main concern over this man is the way that he has been appointed. There seems to be more than mere suspicion that he has assassinated Michael Fallon for his own personal advantage. His actions are not born out of any desire to right wrong doing or to secure recognition that Fallon has behaved inappropriately. It’s all about his own greed and appetite for power.

Tresemmé is weak, unstable and ineffectual to the extent that she is only able to act in the capacity of impotent witness to this latest and disgusting episode of opportunism by the filth which haunts parliament.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

View attachment 21984

Tom
He seems to have the requisite Qualifications for a Conservative Politician.
I really can't think of anything more insulting to say than that!

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
They could easily quadruple their readership if they pitched it at the Angry,Bewildered, Confused, baffled and Mislead over Brexit
Did I miss any minority group there?
No, but they could also quadruple their readership if the addressed the question regarding whether Michael Fallon did, or did not, have a little go on Andrea Leadsome’s chawongers.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
I assume you drew this yourself as there is no attribution to any source.
Jolly well done! Such Talent!
Naturally you won't have done the Tory thing of helping yourself to someone elses ideas, will you?
No, of course not.
Not quite, some might call it plagiarism. I, along with most Conservatives realise that whilst we might not be as smart, there is another way. Listen, watch and learn. Bit difficult at this moment in time to claim that we have learnt from others mistakes albeit they all seem to be in same place.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No, but they could also quadruple their readership if the addressed the question regarding whether Michael Fallon did, or did not, have a little go on Andrea Leadsome’s chawongers.
Story I read somewhere suggested he,d said he knew where she could put her hands to warm them up. Not cleverest thing I world to say, but come on. Yes, its sleazy and shouldn't be said but if that and putting his hand on Brewer's knees are worst he,s done he,s probably best behaved mp we,ve ever had. World has gone mad. Seems we applaud Mick Jagger's appalling behaviour with 22 year olds ??? We tolerate for years and years all sorts of abuse in various towns, in BBC,and it now seems most Hollywood female stars have been raped but Fallon put his hand on somebodies' knee and this happens. We go after the wrong people. ( unless there is far more to come out)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not quite, some might call it plagiarism. I, along with most Conservatives realise that whilst we might not be as smart, there is another way. Listen, watch and learn. Bit difficult at this moment in time to claim that we have learnt from others mistakes albeit they all seem to be in same place.
Well I agree with the not being "as smart" bit, but listen, watch and ignore would be nearer the mark, then do the most unlikely and stupid thing possible.

And as to learning from mistakes, so far it seems the only thing they have learned is that they can't stop making them.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Advertisers