Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So you keep saying, but that doesn't make it either right or even correct. No doubt for some it was a protest about any of a number of different things. However, to then move it on to become a prophecy that it will bring about civil unrest is just so negative as to be sad if not worse. Get a grip of yourself man!
And to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich as you are doing demonstrates that you, not me should "Get a grip of yourself man!"

The stupidity of sticking to this infantile hope that a Gamble will pay off and the people who suffer from it's efffects will accept their fate wouldn't do credit to a Ten year old.

What does it take to penetrate this determination to be pig headed that Torys seem to suffer from?
Do they suffer from some sort of Death wish?
You don't have to much of a Prophet to forecast trouble will result from Brexit's effects on poorer people.
Huge numbers voted to leave the EU as they had been led to believe it was the author of their woes.
How will they react when they find things get worse? are they going to roll over and wave Union Jacks?
You just have to be completely stupid to believe that.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't need to fantasise, I have one! Whilst I'm teaching you things, note the following:

you're means 'you are' and

who's means 'who is'
Well you almost got it right, as Who's can also mean Who has. which is a possessive pronoun.
And since steb accused you of possessive fantasies involving Audis, he was right.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Steb

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
And to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich as you are doing demonstrates that you, not me should "Get a grip of yourself man!"

The stupidity of sticking to this infantile hope that a Gamble will pay off and the people who suffer from it's efffects will accept their fate wouldn't do credit to a Ten year old.

What does it take to penetrate this determination to be pig headed that Torys seem to suffer from?
Do they suffer from some sort of Death wish?
You don't have to much of a Prophet to forecast trouble will result from Brexit's effects on poorer people.
Huge numbers voted to leave the EU as they had been led to believe it was the author of their woes.
How will they react when they find things get worse? are they going to roll over and wave Union Jacks?
You just have to be completely stupid to believe that.
If you really want this thread to continue to degenerate to even further depths then carry on like this. You can entertain whatever views you wish about Brexit, and arguably worse, as you seem to think that there is no one in Westminster capable of running the country. Perhaps you could explain if there ever was a time in our history that we were led / governed / whatever suits, in a manner that you would have approved of? I do find you and your outlook very negative and therefore very sad. Would I call it pig-headed, indicative of someone with a death-wish or just completely stupid - probably!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If you really want this thread to continue to degenerate to even further depths then carry on like this. You can entertain whatever views you wish about Brexit, and arguably worse, as you seem to think that there is no one in Westminster capable of running the country. Perhaps you could explain if there ever was a time in our history that we were led / governed / whatever suits, in a manner that you would have approved of? I do find you and your outlook very negative and therefore very sad. Would I call it pig-headed, indicative of someone with a death-wish or just completely stupid - probably!
Perhaps if you took your own advice that would be a start, and I find your outlook to be little short of nonsensical, little more than the repetition of propaganda, with a little added sarcasm and condescension thrown in.

As to the question do I think no one in Westminster capable running the country?
The notion that they are is completely at odds with their performance, isn't it?

Was the Country ever run in a manner of which I approve?
Not yet anyway.

My oulook isn't sad, I am expecting the situation to right itself eventually , but not before immense harm has been done.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Perhaps if you took your own advice that would be a start, and I find your outlook to be little short of nonsensical, little more than the repetition of propaganda, with a little added sarcasm and condescension thrown in.

As to the question do I think no one in Westminster capable running the country?
The notion that they are is completely at odds with their performance, isn't it?

Was the Country ever run in a manner of which I approve?
Not yet anyway.

My oulook isn't sad, I am expecting the situation to right itself eventually , but not before immense harm has been done.
I guess it is only fair that I recognise the uniqueness of your position...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I guess it is only fair that I recognise the uniqueness of your position...
That is amusing, I am only one of countless others who share those beliefs and worryingly for your Brexit fantasy they had the same reasons for erroneously voting for it.
They are going to be very disappointed, aren't they, when they discover they have been gulled.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You may be right and we end up just jogging along. However, that will certainly be the case as a member of the EU which has a long way to go before it arrives at its utopian vision/destination, if it ever does so. Even worse, I believe, is that it is not the direction that we should take. Simply because it will shackle us to the overriding vision of a USE which will not be in our best interests at all. From what we are currently seeing, not in the best interests of many others either. We will never stop the demand for self-determination, or at least not by force and the EU by its very nature is a heavy top down organisation which even by our standards is just about as remote as you can get from the people it represents. It would seem to suit many in mainland Europe, indeed Churchill said a s much but he also said, not for us. We’ll muddle on, be able to react to the situations we find ourselves in, able to take advantage when it suits and not be held back. Good for the World, the EU and ourselves.
Without knowing the actual date when Churchill made that statement would it have been when England still had the rump of its empire? Circumstances can.

I wasn't saying that middle Europe would not feel the results of brexit but that it actually a minor disturbance except for the three states named ..

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I wasn't saying that middle Europe would not feel the results of brexit but that it actually a minor disturbance except for the three states named ..
The German government said as much for themselves, that they could absorb the loss of the UK market. They already effortlessly absorbed the same size of loss in the 2008 recession and had no trouble bouncing back.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
OG/ Steb
Do you two really expect anyone to engage in offering alternative opinions to your own ? Or are you misguided enough to think your offerings are likely to change anyone's opinion ?
Your attitudes have simply strengthened those opinions you oppose.
( Apart from Stebs adholescent comment which was as near to a compliment as Steb knows..)
As for Audis. , had you been and driven XF you,d never get in an Audi...and the F type...well that's even better...but not much room for giving poor a lift to work house. But to be fair, never driven an R8...but that's a Lambo really...( well sort of)

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and PeterL

Advertisers