Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There are many other comments on here that have no direct link or connection. However, you lot, really are so exercised over Brexit that you come across as a truly miserable lot, and having watched the football it didn't escape me that I was anything but miserable... perhaps there is a connection after all? Now, it may well be that you have researched this, far more than I could ever do. Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things, including Brexit and able to rattle off the past glories of the U20 Team (I think it was). I'm far more shallow with just a hint of the Latino in me and the other thing that didn't escape me was that the U17 were down and out at halftime according to the 'experts' yet they won 5-2. Watch this space.
Can you make a post now and again without sarcastic innuendoes?
It's amazing that you see no irony in referring to other contributors as"you come across as a truly miserable lot," then remark "Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things"
I realise that among Conservatives that might pass as wit, but here it only gets half way to that target.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Perhaps the judge was correct. .. I have a few comments and questions.
Has any of this money made its way to NI ?
Has there been a vote in your parliament allocating this money?
On what grounds has this money been offered?... There have been contradictions on this thread about it.

Judges would, rightly have great difficulty in questioning parliament and certainly parliament's right to allocate funds. That is where the separation of powers comes into play.

It is not normally possible to have a review of a decision not yet made... Judges are comfortable in checking whether the civil services of the state have acted unlawfully in decisions where there is legislation , but not on cases where there is proposed actions.
I read somewhere that the money has not so far turned up!

• Agree
Reactions: Steb and robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Except for this little problem
"Parliament will need to approve the release of £1bn in funding for Northern Ireland promised to the Democratic Unionist party by Theresa May to secure its support after the general election, the government has conceded."

She made the arrangement and exceeded her authority.
This was why I posed these questions, I could not recall what if anything has happened.

As I see it:
She made an election promise.The election being that of PM. She expressed a wish to provide monies to NI. , that does not exceed her authority. The DUP choose to believe that in good faith, perhaps naïve , perhaps not. She will only exceed her authority when or if she signs off on a cheque without approval of the Parliament.
She well may have known that would be the outcome, so she was canny.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Can you make a post now and again without sarcastic innuendoes?
It's amazing that you see no irony in referring to other contributors as"you come across as a truly miserable lot," then remark "Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things"
I realise that among Conservatives that might pass as wit, but here it only gets half way to that target.
Probably not but, I find Michael Gove to be quite funny. My initials are PL not PC.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There are many other comments on here that have no direct link or connection. However, you lot, really are so exercised over Brexit that you come across as a truly miserable lot, and having watched the football it didn't escape me that I was anything but miserable... perhaps there is a connection after all? Now, it may well be that you have researched this, far more than I could ever do. Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things, including Brexit and able to rattle off the past glories of the U20 Team (I think it was). I'm far more shallow with just a hint of the Latino in me and the other thing that didn't escape me was that the U17 were down and out at halftime according to the 'experts' yet they won 5-2. Watch this space.
What a strange response, wrong on so many details. I'm very far from miserable, being a very happy go lucky person, noted and sometimes even criticised for it. I haven't researched deeply into youth football, not even being a football fan, just tripped over the record due to noticing an England youth success, just as you did. Remember, you were the person who unnecessarily dragged Brexit into it, so who's the misery?

Being half Italian I also have that hint of Latino and am also far from shallow, having very wide ranging interests that I enjoy. I spend hardly any time in here, today taking this photo of a Rhodocollybia butyracea Buttercap which now already appears on a nature reserve web site. I also visited the Natural History Museum forum earlier in an official capacity and identified a different fungus for an inquirer and while out later surveyed a woodland path route to ascertain repairs necessary that I'll attend to next week.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Probably not but, I find Michael Gove to be quite funny. My initials are PL not PC.
There seems to be a tendency among Conservatives to forgive buffoons any gaffe they care to make, so long as they are linked to the Party.

Gove is a classic Tory and I can't think of a more insulting description to label anyone with than that.
Hes funny alright, Funny Peculiar, rather than comical.

• Agree
Reactions: Steb and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This morning's propaganda from the Telegraph
"
'You will irk the examiner': Students claim they feel pressured to pander to anti-Brexit bias in essays"

Pathetic attempt in support of a disaster in the making.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
But there is reassuing news in the Independent
"
Liam Fox ridiculed as ‘man of solitude’ over claims his department lacks seasoned trade negotiators
‘It is extremely worrying that Liam Fox’s failing department can only name one trade expert on their staff,’ says the SNP’s Kirsty Blackman.

At least he won't be lonely.

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
America: "America first"
Catalonia: "We don't want to pay for the rest of Spain"
UK: "Stop the foreign aid and give the money to the NHS"

Petty little egos which don't understand that we are all on this planet together.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Except for this little problem
"Parliament will need to approve the release of £1bn in funding for Northern Ireland promised to the Democratic Unionist party by Theresa May to secure its support after the general election, the government has conceded."

She made the arrangement and exceeded her authority.
Well if the Tories vote for it the DUP will.

• :D
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
America: "America first"
Catalonia: "We don't want to pay for the rest of Spain"
UK: "Stop the foreign aid and give the money to the NHS"

Petty little egos which don't understand that we are all on this planet together.
To be fair people everywhere are being manipulated into these situations by organised forces, it is no accident that the world is in turmoil.

Democracy is being used against itself by Corporate Power, buying and selling the loyalty of Politicians, it has influence which is very difficult to resist, and strenuously denied by those perpetrating and profiting by it.

So easy to play on Peoples Fears and hopes to create chaos, then to sell off the assets of the nation in question for profit , like the parasites they are.
It's happening here all around us, as has been recently disclosed in my post
#22275 oldgroaner, Friday at 8:32 PM

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
And the legal challenge to May's £1bn bribe to the DUP was unsuccessful. Didn't see any condemnation of the judge that time. The malfeasance and incompetence in public office is so blatant, but seems insuperable.
That problem will always exist as 95% of the legal profession are tories.

Can you imagine the situation, had it been the Labour Party which made such a bribe....sorry, an arrangement?

Tom

Advertisers