Brexit, for once some facts.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
And the legal challenge to May's £1bn bribe to the DUP was unsuccessful. Didn't see any condemnation of the judge that time. The malfeasance and incompetence in public office is so blatant, but seems insuperable.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Having just watched the U17 World Cup. Good to see that Brexit can at least be the first to take the credit for our lads winning it - convincingly!
OG said he,d show his danglies in co op window when, if England won world cup. He will deny it but its true..
I think this counts. Tom can sell tickets to raise money for loony lefts.
And Utd beat the Harry Kane team. Great day . Always sunny in Moraira.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Having just watched the U17 World Cup. Good to see that Brexit can at least be the first to take the credit for our lads winning it - convincingly!
here's hoping this post is due to alcohol and not manic denial, if the latter your weekend is in for a turn for the worse..

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
And the legal challenge to May's £1bn bribe to the DUP was unsuccessful. Didn't see any condemnation of the judge that time. The malfeasance and incompetence in public office is so blatant, but seems insuperable.
Perhaps the judge was correct. .. I have a few comments and questions.
Has any of this money made its way to NI ?
Has there been a vote in your parliament allocating this money?
On what grounds has this money been offered?... There have been contradictions on this thread about it.

Judges would, rightly have great difficulty in questioning parliament and certainly parliament's right to allocate funds. That is where the separation of powers comes into play.

It is not normally possible to have a review of a decision not yet made... Judges are comfortable in checking whether the civil services of the state have acted unlawfully in decisions where there is legislation , but not on cases where there is proposed actions.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
here's hoping this post is due to alcohol and not manic denial, if the latter your weekend is in for a turn for the worse..
Nothing so sad, or sinister come to that. Enjoyed the game and looking forward to great relaxing weekend. Might even have a beer or two and a small whisky as a nightcap to keep the cold out. I take it that you will continue to exercise yourself about Brexit?

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
OG said he,d show his danglies in co op window when, if England won world cup. He will deny it but its true..
I think this counts. Tom can sell tickets to raise money for loony lefts.
And Utd beat the Harry Kane team. Great day . Always sunny in Moraira.
what can I say. you and peter's posts gives one such an acute sense of the mentality behind the brexit decision.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee

Perhaps the judge was correct. .. I have a few comments and questions.
Has any of this money made its way to NI ?
Has there been a vote in your parliament allocating this money?
On what grounds has this money been offered?... There have been contradictions on this thread about it.

Judges would, rightly have great difficulty in questioning parliament and certainly parliament's right to allocate funds. That is where the separation of powers comes into play.

It is not normally possible to have a review of a decision not yet made... Judges are comfortable in checking whether the civil services of the state have acted unlawfully in decisions where there is legislation , but not on cases where there is proposed actions.
When that money will be spent to the betterment of the NI population and certainly not find its way into anyones pocket, it would be hard to for any Judge to find fault?

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
Nothing so sad, or sinister come to that. Enjoyed the game and looking forward to great relaxing weekend. Might even have a beer or two and a small whisky as a nightcap to keep the cold out. I take it that you will continue to exercise yourself about Brexit?
I'm working, being on the forum is work avoidance, surprisingly, so no beer.

• Agree

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
That maybe true, give us a clue, just what do you mean by that?
you don't think about the decision. its all a blend of far fetched assumptions (and some trolling on zlatan's part). no offence, but that is very typical of what brexitters come up with when challenged with facts (metaphors about sailing, patriotic flights of fancy, personal attack). I imagine the bulk of brexit support comes from the football fraternity. perhaps the electorate should only be allowed to make decisions about the next FA cup.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
you don't think about the decision. its all a blend of far fetched assumptions (and some trolling on zlatan's part). no offence, but that is very typical of what brexitters come up with when challenged with facts (metaphors about sailing, patriotic flights of fancy, personal attack). I imagine the bulk of brexit support comes from the football fraternity. perhaps the electorate should only be allowed to make decisions about the next FA cup.
And you accuse me of small minded jingoistic comment.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As with OG, this doesn't make sense to me since there's no Brexit connection.

In my earlier congratulatory thread in here on June 11th about one of our youth teams when they won the World Cup, I saw and made no Brexit connection since our Under 19 youth teams are the overall World Champions, having won ten times since 1948 and still the champions (1948, 1963, 1964, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1980, 1993, 2017).

Clearly their successes have nothing to do with EU membership.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
As with OG, this doesn't make sense to me since there's no Brexit connection.

In my earlier congratulatory thread in here on June 11th about one of our youth teams when they won the World Cup, I saw and made no Brexit connection since our Under 19 youth teams are the overall World Champions, having won ten times since 1948 and still the champions (1948, 1963, 1964, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1980, 1993, 2017).

Clearly their successes have nothing to do with EU membership.
There are many other comments on here that have no direct link or connection. However, you lot, really are so exercised over Brexit that you come across as a truly miserable lot, and having watched the football it didn't escape me that I was anything but miserable... perhaps there is a connection after all? Now, it may well be that you have researched this, far more than I could ever do. Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things, including Brexit and able to rattle off the past glories of the U20 Team (I think it was). I'm far more shallow with just a hint of the Latino in me and the other thing that didn't escape me was that the U17 were down and out at halftime according to the 'experts' yet they won 5-2. Watch this space.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As I never made such a remark,I expect you to go back through the thread and post the evidence to support that remark.

I have zero interest in Football or in fact sport of any sort so the probability of me ever making remarks about football are Zero.

Where in your imaginary world did you conjure that up from?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There are many other comments on here that have no direct link or connection. However, you lot, really are so exercised over Brexit that you come across as a truly miserable lot, and having watched the football it didn't escape me that I was anything but miserable... perhaps there is a connection after all? Now, it may well be that you have researched this, far more than I could ever do. Perhaps it is that which makes you an expert on all things, including Brexit and able to rattle off the past glories of the U20 Team (I think it was). I'm far more shallow with just a hint of the Latino in me and the other thing that didn't escape me was that the U17 were down and out at halftime according to the 'experts' yet they won 5-2. Watch this space.
Rest assured that I know nothing about football and care even less.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
When that money will be spent to the betterment of the NI population and certainly not find its way into anyones pocket, it would be hard to for any Judge to find fault?
Except for this little problem
"Parliament will need to approve the release of £1bn in funding for Northern Ireland promised to the Democratic Unionist party by Theresa May to secure its support after the general election, the government has conceded."

She made the arrangement and exceeded her authority.

• Agree

Advertisers