Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What that whole paragraph is telling you is that she won't allow guns, she supports abortions right up to full term and illegal immigrants will be allowed to vote, but I don't think many people got that message. They hear that she's going to improve their freedom somehow.
she can't do anything without congress agreeing.
On guns, she will try to introduce compulsory background check and liability insurance when you want to buy a new gun. With over 400 million guns in the country, it won't have any immediate effect. Meanwhile, Trump proposes 10 years prison for illegal immigrants. There are about 2 million prison places, 1.5 million cells are already in use. Trump will need to build 3 millions new prison cells every year. Judging by his wall on the Southern border, Trump built 42 miles in his term out of over 1000 miles of border, his new prisons for illegal immigrants won't be built any more than Harris stopping gun violence.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robert44

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The infallible AI wouldn't have let it simply crash?
By the way, do you know that LLMs 'cheat' when tested? There are a number of math tests to gauge how well AI solves verbal reasoning questions. Apple researchers generate similar tests but change the names and quantities or introduce some additional irrelevant details. Most LLMs score about 40% less than previously. Open AI 1o lost the least, scoring about 80% from 95%+ previously.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
AI adds power to surveillance. How much are you really being watched?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Have you ever actually heard Harris say anything. I listen to her a lot, but I can't get any sense out of her. She makes very long convoluted sentences that never tell you anything.

“That’s how– that’s how we came into being, because the people before us understood that one of the greatest expressions for the love of our country, one of the greatest expressions of patriotism is to fight for the ideals of who we are, which includes freedom to make decisions about your own body, freedom to be safe from gun violence, freedom to have access to the ballot box, freedom to be who you are and just be the love, who you love, openly and with pride. Freedom to just be,” she added.

What that whole paragraph is telling you is that she won't allow guns, she supports abortions right up to full term and illegal immigrants will be allowed to vote, but I don't think many people got that message. They hear that she's going to improve their freedom somehow.

Also the media are always editing her interviews and speeches to cut out the embarrassing word salad, like this one:

And have you been able to make sense of Trump's rambling idiocy?

Watch this unedited question and answer session - starts at 1:20. If you know what he said and if you think he answered the question, please do let us know.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And have you been able to make sense of Trump's rambling idiocy?
there seems to be a method in his apparent madness. Harris lead is narrowing and oddcheckers is now putting him on top.
He monopolises the media with his silly non sense. He takes the oxygen out of Harris camp, forcing Harris to spend money on ads instead. He is a master of this craft.
Harris should really stop trying to be a republican and should learn from Trump.

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Why The Apprentice, a new film about Donald Trump's early years, is an unwelcome surprise for his campaign

Trump's legal team issued a cease and desist notice to stop the marketing, distribution, and publication of the movie - but was unsuccessful.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Two minutes well spent ->

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yeah - keep on digging....
What I posted are verified facts. It's up to you to explain what the 1,026 entries for weather manipulation are. Maybe some preacher arranged a mass prayer for rain when the crops were't growing or somebody built a load of windmills to slow down thw wind and harness the energy.

Did you know about this? Basically, there was a rotating weather pattern, where rain fell on the high ground, ran down rivers to a lake in the lowground, evaporated from the lake and went up to the highground to fall as rain again, but the cotton farmers started taking the water from the rivers for their cotton. The lake dried up and there is no more rainand no more rivers to get the water for the cotton from. They all lost everything. This is an example of a major climate change caused by man.

From Google AI:
The Aral Sea, which was once the world's fourth largest lake, has shrunk to a fraction of its former size due to unsustainable cotton cultivation:
  • Size: The Aral Sea has lost about 90% of its original size since the 1960s.
  • Water level: The sea level has decreased from 52.5 to 37 meters since 1965.
  • Water runoff: Irrigation for cotton led to a 90% decline in the runoff of water to the Aral Sea.

Environmental impact: The drying up of the Aral Sea has had many negative consequences, including:
  • The Aral Sea is a shared lake between Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. The Syr Darya River passes through Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and into the Aral Sea in Kazakhstan.
    Fisheries: Fisheries and the communities that depended on them have collapsed.
  • Water pollution: The water became polluted with fertilizer and pesticides.
  • Dust pollution: Blowing dust from the exposed lakebed contaminated fields and degraded the soil.
  • Climate change: The loss of the lake's moderating influence made winters colder and summers hotter and drier.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
People have been playing about with cloud seeding since before I learned about it in school in the 1960s. It is small scale stuff. It works sometimes ina small way in arid environments where people are desperate to start rainfall so their crops don't die.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You made an assertion a week or so back, that a heavy flood in the UAE (you said Saudi Arabia, but that was a mistake) was likely causd by cloud seeding and you refused to consider other opinions even when the scale of the flood was pointed out to you making it absolutely clear that an event of that size (it was a storm about five hundred miles across) could never have been caused by some plane dumping a few buckets of silver iodide or dry ice out of the back while flying in a non raining cloud. It is not possible and there was no need to do cloud seeding then anyway because the enormous storm was well foreseen as it was being tracked as are all of them by satellite and other weather measurement methods.

You never acknowledged the data you were shown, and still persist in this wrong view that some sort of plot is afoot. It is total boll ocks.

The MLT nonsense is also floating about here. Cloud seeding is done in arid areas when non-precipitating clouds are flotaing about. It is not the cause of hurricanes. The idea that a hurricane with twerrawatts of energy can be created by a few buckets of material chucked out of a plane is utterly stupid.

YOU very rightly get peed off with people who come on here with no expertise at all in ebike wrangling and expound stupid fallacious ideas. You handle them politely at first, explaining where they are wrong (because you are an expert in ebike technology, or as good an expert as we are likely to meet). Then when they come back with stupid, baseless contradictions you get - shall we say irritated. I understand that. However - you repeatedly decline to accept authoritative statements and offers of evidence in matters like this or in matters like the covid outbreak and vaccination. You DON'T have ANY expertise in those things. I ws laughing last week when NigelB came on and as ignored during chit chat about the pandemic. If I am not mistaken (I don't think I am) he works as a consultant in A&E and was working to keep people alive during he pandemic.... We had utter tw ats on here mocking his remarks. They know better......

There have been other

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
People have been playing about with cloud seeding since before I learned about it in school in the 1960s. It is small scale stuff. It works sometimes ina small way in arid environments where people are desperate to start rainfall so their crops don't die.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Nobody mentioned cloud seeding except you. There are 1,026 entries where somebody proposed an action to manipulate the weather. It's possible that some of those involved cloud seeding, but there are many other ways to do it. Taking water out of rivers to grow cotton is one of them, and that wasn't small scale stuff. It virtually destroyed two countries and changed the Aral sea into a desert. Didn't you watch the video from your favourite BBC?

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Nobody mentioned cloud seeding except you. There are 1,026 entries where somebody proposed an action to manipulate the weather. It's possible that some of those involved cloud seeding, but there are many other ways to do it. Taking water out of rivers to grow cotton is one of them, and that wasn't small scale stuff. It virtually destroyed two countries and changed the Aral sea into a desert. Didn't you watch the video from your favourite BBC?
Shows how little you know me. I am at war with the BBC. The Aral Sea is a post Soviet disaster from when they diverted the rivers from which the Aral Sea was fed. Naturally enough - the desert sea dried up. It was nothing to do with a weather manipulation. It was about Soviet cotton growing targets.

I'm done.

By the way, I just passed 300 miles on the Argos folder.

The brakes mod was a real win. Vastly better.

I fixed the switch on the battery box by trickling in wd40. It works fine now.

I also opened the battery case after picking out the snot (hot glue) they put into all the screw holes. I wanted to see how easy it would be to replace that switch if it ever fails again. While I was in there I could see that the battery is made up of 30 18650 cells in a 10s3p format. There is a lot of unused space in there come re-celling time. You could go quite easily to a 10Ahr or maybe more format. Certainly 4p can be fitted in there.

If you or anyone ever needs the phone number of the importer who deals with Argos' returns, I have it now. 0161 509 4960

I regret now not slitting the shrink wrap to see exactly what kind of cells are in it. I might do that next time. I just didn't want to entirely throw away the warranty in case something bad goes wrong. I can put the glue back if I ever need to in the next ten months.

Last edited:

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
I know of another case where cloud seeding is used. It is used in Austria and Bavaria to try to prevent large hail. The idea being you can make the rain / small hail fall before it gets to the middle of the storm where the hail grows as it is lifted then falls only to be lifted again and so on getting bigger every time. They have been doing it for years with very mixed results, so mixed that there is still little agreement in whether it is effective or not. Going by the number of shattered windscreens and written off vehicles I have seen I'm convinced it doesn't work.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Shows how little you know me. I am at war with the BBC. The Aral Sea is a post Soviet disaster from when they diverted the rivers from which the Aral Sea was fed. Naturally enough - the desert sea dried up. It was nothing to do with a weather manipulation. It was about Soviet cotton growing targets.

I'm done.

By the way, I just passed 300 miles on the Argos folder.

The brakes mod was a real win. Vastly better.

I fixed the switch on the battery box by trickling in wd40. It works fine now.

I also opened the battery case after picking out the snot (hot glue) they put into all the screw holes. I wanted to see how easy it would be to replace that switch if it ever fails again. While I was in there I could see that the battery is made up of 30 18650 cells in a 10s3p format. There is a lot of unused space in there come re-celling time. You could go quite easily to a 10Ahr or maybe more format. Certainly 4p can be fitted in there.

If you or anyone ever needs the phone number of the importer who deals with Argos' returns, I have it now. 0161 509 4960

I regret now not slitting the shrink wrap to see exactly what kind of cells are in it. I might do that next time. I just didn't want to entirely throw away the warranty in case something bad goes wrong. I can put the glue back if I ever need to in the next ten months.
If anything goes wrong with it, it's going to be cheaper and more convenient to fox it yourself, which gives even more chance for improvement, like a decent battery.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I know of another case where cloud seeding is used. It is used in Austria and Bavaria to try to prevent large hail. The idea being you can make the rain / small hail fall before it gets to the middle of the storm where the hail grows as it is lifted then falls only to be lifted again and so on getting bigger every time. They have been doing it for years with very mixed results, so mixed that there is still little agreement in whether it is effective or not. Going by the number of shattered windscreens and written off vehicles I have seen I'm convinced it doesn't work.
That's interesting. I saw a solar farm that went on for miles totally destroyed by large hail stones. the people who owned or build it probably wanted to commit suicide afterwards. I guess they never thought of that when they built it.

I don't know whether that's a concern for the UK. I can remember back in 1998 when I worked for Avondale caravans, we had a hailstorm with big stones that dented all the caravans in the yard. They all had to have the roofs replaced, though insurance paid for it - about 200 caravans IIRC. The MD was pretty pleased because there was a fair contingent of caravans out there that needed other repairs, which all got done at the insurer's expense.