Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why Britain has stagnated
for me, the reason why the British economy stagnates is the over reliance on the banks.
We bet our house on the big four banks, litterally, since MT was in power.
When the crisis of 2008 arrived, Gordon Brown has little choice than supporting the banks. The consequence of that is the conservative governments had to maintain apparent economic stability so we can continue to nurture the banks. That limits the amountb of money they can borrow not to spook the market and drown the banks. Reeves has no greater choice other than taxing wealth. She will have to tone down demands of her own party members or she'll follow Kwasi Kwateng.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The polls are biased in the hope that nobody will notice when they try to cheat again in the election. Real independent polls of actual people show trump 75% and Kamala 25%. This one's going to be a stormer. I've ordered a truck load of popcorn and invited all my friends round to watch it.
I know you invite critical thinking but even Fox News' own poll shows Harris leading Trump by 3 points in Georgia. Harris also leads in NV, PA and WI and even may win Florida.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Why Britain has stagnated

That is probably the best explanation of our nation's moribund, and poverty stricken state that I have ever read, and as it happens, the writers blame principally my great hates - the 1947, Town and Country Planning Act and the power to halt development handed to nimby idiots, and the over regulation and gold plated safety nonsense that we see everywhere stopping anything being done.

Why does a power station require a third of a million pages of guff about its safety and decades of delay?

How is it that South Korea can build nuclear power plant at a small fraction of the cost than we can, and in a fraction of the time? The Planning process. How is it that we have wind farms NOT producing power and being paid to stay that way? The Planning process, which prevents us building pylons. Motorway Car charging parks are told they can't be connected to the grid at the capacity they need for ten years. Why? The planning process. Solar farms - the same. Our housing costs are vast, mostly because we can't build more - guess why? Not forgetting that while our house building levels are catastrophically low, we also constantly import migrants at unsustainable levels - about ten million since 1995. Where do we all live? Increasingly in rabbit hutch sized properties that take up at least three times the amount of our annual income to procure that they did fifty years ago.

This essay has it all. The government needs to have it put i front of them and they should not be allowed to leave the room until they have read and accepted all of it.

jamesporritt

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2021
I know you invite critical thinking but even Fox News' own poll shows Harris leading Trump by 3 points in Georgia. Harris also leads in NV, PA and WI and even may win Florida.
Hysterical right wing media always overestimate the threat to encourage outaged right wing voter turnout. Happens on this side of the pond also.