Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Reading what Antifa Nigel has to say just reminds me of why two years ago i decided never to engage in discussion with people like him.

The white working class are stupid, workshy and gullible. The BREXIT vote was not the largest ever democratic message ever sent to Parliament with 17.4 million voting to leave the EU, it was the result of 17.4 million fools voting for something they did not understand. The entire basket of national problems is the result of Tory incompetence, and stupid, lazy Brit working class thuggery, and gullibility. Maybe Nige is Owen Jones in disguise.

Well done Nigel. Go to the top of the class.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Reading what Antifa Nigel has to say just reminds me of why two years ago i decided never to engage in discussion with people like him.

The white working class are stupid, workshy and gullible. The BREXIT vote was not the largest ever democratic message ever sent to Parliament with 17.4 million voting to leave the EU, it was the result of 17.4 million fools voting for something they did not understand. The entire basket of national problems is the result of Tory incompetence, and stupid, lazy Brit working class thuggery, and gullibility. Maybe Nige is Owen Jones in disguise.

That's why democracy doesn't work. People always vote the wrong way because they're too easily misled by Russian bots.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Social media companies warned by Ofcom to remove any online violence which could fuel the UK riots as Elon Musk accused of 'fanning the flames of hate' over civil war claims

"Gill Whitehead, the regulator's Group Director for Online Safety, wrote: 'In a few months, new safety duties under the Online Safety Act will be in place, but you can act now - there is no need to wait to make your sites and apps safer for users.'

It added: 'Under Ofcom's regulations that pre-date the Online Safety Act, UK-based video-sharing platforms must protect their users from videos likely to incite violence or hatred."

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
By moving the focus of attention from real grievances about the impact of mass migration to the 'rioting' of a few dozens of stupid thugs, the media and political class can slide out of their responsibility to deal with the real problem and hide from hard questions about why little girls were murdered.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MikelBikel

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland

Social media companies warned by Ofcom to remove any online violence which could fuel the UK riots as Elon Musk accused of 'fanning the flames of hate' over civil war claims

"Gill Whitehead, the regulator's Group Director for Online Safety, wrote: 'In a few months, new safety duties under the Online Safety Act will be in place, but you can act now - there is no need to wait to make your sites and apps safer for users.'

It added: 'Under Ofcom's regulations that pre-date the Online Safety Act, UK-based video-sharing platforms must protect their users from videos likely to incite violence or hatred."

"Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you hear"

"I only told you to blow the b!@@&% doors off" :)
Mr Calm.

someone told you.jpg

Reactions: Ghost1951

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Mussolini image appeared after I confided that I have an Italian surname and that my great grandparents were Italian migrants - something - probably the only thing I have in common with one other member.
Actually we have a lot in common, far more than you realise, despite my appending some "Agrees" and "Likes" to your posts.

Where we greatly differ is in the solutions to the problems you accurately identify, and of course our politics.

Reactions: Woosh

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019

Indulging in sarky ad hominem attacks shows just how poor your arguments are.

Malign chancers like Farage have been holding up the EU as the bogeyman for the last thirty years. The drip, drip, drip of their poisonous lies (£350 million a week for the NHS etc) eventually led to the disastrous decision to have a referendum on EU membership.

Now that we have left the EU the malign chancers have switched their attack & are claiming that it's immigrants at the root of all our problems. First they othered the EU but now that's not an excuse any more they resort to othering immigrants.

The Tories have kept banging on about small boat crossings of the Channel in an attempt to distract from their woeful management of the economy. Over the last five years there have been in total about 150,000 irregular migrants arriving in small boats. It's a large but not unmanageable number & is a fraction of the numbers that would have arrived if there was a contiguous land border with the rest of Europe. The risk of death & high cost of paying the people smugglers is also a deterrent. It's a problem for which there is no easy solution despite the rhetoric of right wing populists.

This othering of irregular migrants has raised tensions & general anti-immigrant feelings so that the right wing racist thugs felt that they had been given "permission" to riot.

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
The Real ‘Two Tier’ Politics That Enabled Nigel Farage to Fan the Flames of Hate

The politics of anti-Muslim and anti-migrant hatred pushed by the Reform leader and his supporters has been tolerated for far too long

"Imagine there was a prominent British Muslim politician with a huge personal following.

Imagine that for months this politician had hosted their own nightly television show, in which he had toured the country whipping up fear about a non-existent crime wave committed by white Christians, while pointing his cameras at the buildings where they were housed."

Reactions: Woosh and flecc

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Earthquake strikes off Japan’s coast and triggers tsunami warning

PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS
---------------------------------

* MAGNITUDE 7.1
* ORIGIN TIME 0742 UTC AUG 8 2024
* COORDINATES 31.8 NORTH 131.7 EAST
* DEPTH 33 KM / 20 MILES
* LOCATION KYUSHU JAPAN

EVALUATION
----------

* AN EARTHQUAKE WITH A PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE OF 7.1 OCCURRED IN
KYUSHU, JAPAN AT 0742 UTC ON THURSDAY AUGUST 8 2024.

* BASED ON THE PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE PARAMETERS... HAZARDOUS
TSUNAMI WAVES ARE POSSIBLE FOR COASTS LOCATED WITHIN 300 KM
OF THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER.

TSUNAMI THREAT FORECAST...UPDATED
---------------------------------

* HAZARDOUS TSUNAMI WAVES FROM THIS EARTHQUAKE ARE POSSIBLE
WITHIN 300 KM OF THE EPICENTER ALONG THE COASTS OF

JAPAN.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
What are the Olympics Shooting Competitors Wearing On Their Faces?
Mechanical irises

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Dev repurposes Kindle as a portable E Ink monitor — provides instructions for the jailbreak

The screen currently runs up to 4 FPS, but the developer says it would be easy to hit double figures.

"destroyed my laptop screen yesterday, so I did the obvious thing and jailbroke my Kindle to use it as a monitor"

https://x.com/adtac_/status/1820127470613622950

• Informative
Reactions: MikelBikel

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I get it. You don't like immigrants. You only joined the forum a couple of months ago. Why don't you bugger off again & take your racist & Islamophobic views with you.
Indulging in sarky ad hominem attacks shows just how poor your arguments are.
Ha ha ha ha - who started the ad hominems then Nigel???

:) :) :)

I just couldn't make it up.

When I mentioned my Italian ancestry by way of pointing out that I was not unsympathetic to migration, but to the scale of it, I got this from Lenny ->

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
What are the Olympics Shooting Competitors Wearing On Their Faces?
Mechanical irises

Are they watching TV with their left eye? Must be very distracting, hehe. :)

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Over the last five years there have been in total about 150,000 irregular migrants arriving in small boats. It's a large but not unmanageable number
Not an unmanageable number?

How many houses have been built?

How many houses could have been built?

I am sure a bright spark like you already knows that just last year we received a net inward migration of 750,000 people. That does not include the boat people, but at least those ones were looked at for criminality before being given visas - unlike the ones admitted by criminal gangs.

If these people live three to a dwelling for the rest of their lives, we would have needed 250,000 new houses to be built last year alone. We can never catch up with the deficit that has built up over many many years. THAT is why young people can not afford a roof over their heads.

The more people that come the worse the housing crisis becomes and to anyone who does not already own a house outright, the more accommodation will cost them.

Where will they all be living in five years time?

Wake up! This is the greatest burden any of our young people are facing.

Where can we build the new homes in what is already the second most densely populated country in Europe.

England has a population density of 434 people per sq kilometre.

In France the density is 118 people per sq km

Spain has a density of 96 people per sq km

Italy has a density of 200 people per sq km.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Where will they live
I don't know about elsewhere, but in London a sizeable proportion of the population are living illegally accommodated:

Houses illegally converted to overcrowded multi occupation.

Garages converted into disguised flats.

Sheds converted to disguised flats.

In old shipping containers.

In deserted old commercial premises with hidden entrances.

As multi occupation squatters in unoccupied investment properties.

In caravans and vans parked in drives, gardens and yards.

And in question is the size of the population. Officially it's 8.9 million, but the GLC say 9.1 million, a hopelessly low increase for the deliberate underdeclaring to receive a 25% discount off council tax for single occupants.

And of course London, like all major capital cities, suffers sprawl well beyond its boundaries, The GLC and the EU both regard the true London as a supercity of 13.1 millions, which is almost 20% of the population of the UK, and almost 25% of the official population of England.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Lenny likens Johnson to Mussolini......

Let's compare the two. I asked ChatGpt to briefly summarise Mussolini's policies. Here is what it said.

ChatGPT said:
Benito Mussolini, the leader of Fascist Italy from 1922 to 1943, implemented several key policies during his time in power:
  1. Authoritarian Rule: Mussolini established a totalitarian regime, dismantling democratic institutions and concentrating power in his hands. He suppressed political opposition, controlled the media, and used propaganda to maintain his grip on power.
  2. Economic Policies: Mussolini promoted the "Corporate State," where the economy was organized into syndicates representing different sectors, all under state control. He pursued large public works projects, such as infrastructure improvements, to reduce unemployment and boost national pride.
  3. Militarization and Imperialism: Mussolini aggressively expanded Italy's military and pursued an imperialist foreign policy, leading to the invasion of Ethiopia in 1935 and involvement in the Spanish Civil War, aiming to restore the glory of the Roman Empire.
  4. Social Policies: Mussolini emphasized nationalism and promoted traditional values, including a focus on the family and the role of women as mothers. The state exerted control over education and youth organizations to instill fascist ideals in the younger generation.
  5. Alliance with Nazi Germany: Mussolini aligned Italy with Nazi Germany, signing the Rome-Berlin Axis in 1936 and later joining the Axis Powers in World War II. This alliance led to Italy's involvement in the war and contributed to its eventual downfall.
Mussolini's policies ultimately led to widespread repression, economic challenges, and Italy's disastrous involvement in World War II.
There is virtually nothing the two men have in common, aside from Boris continuing the (in my view) disastrous HS2 policy, but even that was severely trimmed back.

So Lenny - please explain why you posted that. I REALLY would like to read your views on how Boris and Mussolini are connected. Thank you in advance.

From my point of view, Boris was NOT authoritarian
He did NOT organise the economy under state control
He has not expanded the UK forces and was not a militarist.
He did not invade other countries to bring the under British control as vassals.
He has NOT taken over education to emphasise and instil 'Fascist values.
And he did NOT ally the UK with any Nazi inclined countries.

Lenny - is it time you thought a bit more before posting rubbish?

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Not an unmanageable number?

How many houses have been built?

How many houses could have been built?

I am sure a bright spark like you already knows that just last year we received a net inward migration of 750,000 people. That does not include the boat people, but at least those ones were looked at for criminality before being given visas - unlike the ones admitted by criminal gangs.

If these people live three to a dwelling for the rest of their lives, we would have needed 250,000 new houses to be built last year alone. We can never catch up with the deficit that has built up over many many years. THAT is why young people can not afford a roof over their heads.

The more people that come the worse the housing crisis becomes and to anyone who does not already own a house outright, the more accommodation will cost them.

Where will they all be living in five years time?

Wake up! This is the greatest burden any of our young people are facing.

Where can we build the new homes in what is already the second most densely populated country in Europe.

England has a population density of 434 people per sq kilometre.

In France the density is 118 people per sq km

Spain has a density of 96 people per sq km

Italy has a density of 200 people per sq km.
Let me add to your list

Belgium has a density of 383 people per sq km

The Netherlands has a density of 541 people per sq km

Looking outside Europe

Singapore has a density of 8332 people per sq km

Japan has a nominal density of 339 people per sq km although in practice this is much higher as most of the population is concentrated in coastal areas as most of Japan is very mountainous and rugged.

We have plenty of room to build houses in England where housing including gardens only accounts for 5% of land use.

In the late Sixties we were building up to 210,000 council houses in addition to over 200,000 houses for sale. The record year was 1968 with over 425,000 houses completed. I am sure that we could improve on those numbers given modern construction methods & materials.

Reactions: flecc and Woosh