Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
What is the REAL UK population number?

The official figure derived from census data is 66.97 million. (2022)

This though is challenged by various serious interlocutors.

The number of National Insurance registrations, GP registrations, or school enrolment figures. These discrepancies might indicate a larger population than official figures suggest.

Critics argue that the census and other official surveys tend to undercount certain population groups, such as:
  • Migrants: Undocumented migrants and those who are transient or hesitant to engage with official surveys may not be fully captured.
  • Homeless Population: Individuals without a fixed address are often missed in census data.
  • Students and Young Adults: People who move frequently, such as students, may be under-counted.
  • Some local authorities have challenged census results, arguing that their own estimates (based on housing, school enrolment, and health service data) suggest higher populations than those reported by the census.
Waste water treatment authorities who know how much solid matter ought to be produced by an individual estimate that the real population is nearer to 80 Million rather than the 67 million indicated by the census and relied on by government for official data. Food distributors say the same.

The truth is the density data that I published above is too low and that we have an even worse situation than was suggested.

Flecc's post about how he finds people living in London also indicates a much more dire situation regarding how people live now and an even worse future unless we get to grips with who comes here and where they will live.

The future for this country will be extremely grim unless we control who is allowed to come and settle here.

In my view, NOBODY turning up in an inflatable boat from France or Belgium should be allowed to ever be considered for asylum here. FRANCE and BELGIUM are not war torn, authoritarian and dangerous places. They are both safe and have FAR smaller population density than we do.

It is no use claiming we should take our share. We already have a huge crisis of housing and servicing the needs of our existing population. If the EU does not control its own borders then the EU must bear the consequences. We are in every way in a worse position than the EU countries as far as accommodating migrants is concerned.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Lenny likens Johnson to Mussolini......

Let's compare the two. I asked ChatGpt to briefly summarise Mussolini's policies. Here is what it said.

There is virtually nothing the two men have in common, aside from Boris continuing the (in my view) disastrous HS2 policy, but even that was severely trimmed back.

So Lenny - please explain why you posted that. I REALLY would like to read your views on how Boris and Mussolini are connected. Thank you in advance.

From my point of view, Boris was NOT authoritarian
He did NOT organise the economy under state control
He has not expanded the UK forces and was not a militarist.
He did not invade other countries to bring the under British control as vassals.
He has NOT taken over education to emphasise and instil 'Fascist values.
And he did NOT ally the UK with any Nazi inclined countries.

Lenny - is it time you thought a bit more before posting rubbish?
Ghost1951 - is it time you thought a bit more before posting rubbish?

Perhaps you need to have a sense of humour installed? There is a long running joke in 'Private Eye' of 'Lookalikes' where two superficially similar photos are shown with names transposed. Lenny's lookalikes may even have been originally published in 'Private Eye'.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Let me add to your list

Belgium has a density of 383 people per sq km

The Netherlands has a density of 541 people per sq km

Looking outside Europe

Singapore has a density of 8332 people per sq km

Japan has a nominal density of 339 people per sq km although in practice this is much higher as most of the population is concentrated in coastal areas as most of Japan is very mountainous and rugged.

We have plenty of room to build houses in England where housing including gardens only accounts for 5% of land use.

In the late Sixties we were building up to 210,000 council houses in addition to over 200,000 houses for sale. The record year was 1968 with over 425,000 houses completed. I am sure that we could improve on those numbers given modern construction methods & materials.

WRONG - the population density of the Netherlands is 424 people per sq km.

Must do better.
Nigel needs to take more care and to stop fussing. He is a good boy when he tries.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
What is the REAL UK population number?

The official figure derived from census data is 66.97 million. (2022)

This though is challenged by various serious interlocutors.

The number of National Insurance registrations, GP registrations, or school enrolment figures. These discrepancies might indicate a larger population than official figures suggest.

Critics argue that the census and other official surveys tend to undercount certain population groups, such as:
  • Migrants: Undocumented migrants and those who are transient or hesitant to engage with official surveys may not be fully captured.
  • Homeless Population: Individuals without a fixed address are often missed in census data.
  • Students and Young Adults: People who move frequently, such as students, may be under-counted.
  • Some local authorities have challenged census results, arguing that their own estimates (based on housing, school enrolment, and health service data) suggest higher populations than those reported by the census.
Waste water treatment authorities who know how much solid matter ought to be produced by an individual estimate that the real population is nearer to 80 Million rather than the 67 million indicated by the census and relied on by government for official data. Food distributors say the same.

The truth is the density data that I published above is too low and that we have an even worse situation than was suggested.

Flecc's post about how he finds people living in London also indicates a much more dire situation regarding how people live now and an even worse future unless we get to grips with who comes here and where they will live.

The future for this country will be extremely grim unless we control who is allowed to come and settle here.

In my view, NOBODY turning up in an inflatable boat from France or Belgium should be allowed to ever be considered for asylum here. FRANCE and BELGIUM are not war torn, authoritarian and dangerous places. They are both safe and have FAR smaller population density than we do.

It is no use claiming we should take our share. We already have a huge crisis of housing and servicing the needs of our existing population. If the EU does not control its own borders then the EU must bear the consequences. We are in every way in a worse position than the EU countries as far as accommodating migrants is concerned.
Unsurprisingly you have provided no evidence that the UK population is significantly higher than the ONS tells us. This nice article traces the origins & travel of the conspiracy theory that the UK population is 20 million higher than that recorded.

BTW Please can you explain what you propose to do with the irregular migrants that arrive by small boat? Your solution must be both legal & practical.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Ghost1951 - is it time you thought a bit more before posting rubbish?

Perhaps you need to have a sense of humour installed? There is a long running joke in 'Private Eye' of 'Lookalikes' where two superficially similar photos are shown with names transposed. Lenny's lookalikes may even have been originally published in 'Private Eye'.
Well Nigel, I already knew that precision and accuracy were not your strong suits, because previously you began ranting at me about my supposed mention of genetics regarding crime.

I never mentioned genetics. Only you mentioned it.

Then you accused me of Islamophobia.

I had never mentioned Islam. Only you mentioned it.

Now you defend Lenny's post which anyone sensible would suggest that there was a similarity between Boris and Mussolini - or elsewhere between ME and Hitler and Me and Mussolini.

As far as I know, neither Boris, nor I have any connection in our history or our advocated political positions with Hitler or Mussolini.

We are you say to be amused by these pictures. Is Lenny and are you, AT ALL INTERESTED in political debate and accuracy or is this just a nonsensical school yard idiot fest?

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
@ Naughty NigelB

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
WRONG - the population density of the Netherlands is 424 people per sq km.

Must do better.
Nigel needs to take more care and to stop fussing. He is a good boy when he tries.
Do you have a link for that as I have various sources which say otherwise. For example Wikipedia says that the population of the Netherlands is 535 people per km2.

Perhaps you were misled by the fact that while the total area of the Netherlands is 41,850 km2 the land area is just 33,500 km2 as nearly 20% of the Netherlands is under water.
).

Must do better.
Ghost1951 needs to take more care & provide supporting evidence when he makes claims

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
@ Naughty NigelB

Yes, that's it. You have linked to the original article that started the hare running. Please go back & read the article I linked to that debunks this disinformation.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Do you have a link for that as I have various sources which say otherwise. For example Wikipedia says that the population of the Netherlands is 535 people per km2.

Perhaps you were misled by the fact that while the total area of the Netherlands is 41,850 km2 the land area is just 33,500 km2 as nearly 20% of the Netherlands is under water.
).

Must do better.
Ghost1951 needs to take more care & provide supporting evidence when he makes claims

Maybe like your remark about Lenny's use of Mussolini and Hitler you want to change the goal posts by adding 'humour' and 'jest', and disallow water from the equation.

Perhaps I should restate the UK density to my advantage by discounting water and mountainous terrain.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
X reaction to UK riots could impact DSA probe, says Commission

"The response of X to the incidents in Britain could be taken into account during the European Commission investigation against X, a spokesperson for the executive told Euronews today (8 August).
The Commission proceedings launched against X in December 2023 were the first brought under the nascent DSA, the landmark EU rules on digital platforms.
The probe is assessing whether X may have breached the DSA in areas linked to risk management, content moderation, dark patterns, advertising transparency and data access for researchers. "

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Yes, that's it. You have linked to the original article that started the hare running. Please go back & read the article I linked to that debunks this disinformation.
You debunk NOTHING sonny.

As I said earlier, local authoritis KNOW the census data vastly underestimates their populations because they know how many people are accessing services.

GP registrations show the same thing.

Even a casual inquiry would show that the CENSUS does not catch those who do not want to engage with the authorities. If you are an undocumented migrant, why would you engage in the data collection.

The move to online census data collection also misses lots of people.

The census data and our official figures do not pass the smell test.

Nigel needs to stop cherry picking. He wants to skew arguments and data by disallowing water in the Netherlands density calculation, but not the upland areas of the UK and England. What next? I might want to disallow the 250 square miles of the Border Forest from the England density data.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Well Nigel, I already knew that precision and accuracy were not your strong suits, because previously you began ranting at me about my supposed mention of genetics regarding crime.

I never mentioned genetics. Only you mentioned it.

Then you accused me of Islamophobia.

I had never mentioned Islam. Only you mentioned it.

Now you defend Lenny's post which anyone sensible would suggest that there was a similarity between Boris and Mussolini - or elsewhere between ME and Hitler and Me and Mussolini.

As far as I know, neither Boris, nor I have any connection in our history or our advocated political positions with Hitler or Mussolini.

We are you say to be amused by these pictures. Is Lenny and are you, AT ALL INTERESTED in political debate and accuracy or is this just a nonsensical school yard idiot fest?
Oh dear. I know that jokes always fall a bit flat when they have to be explained to the hard of thinking but honestly you are just making yourself look foolish here. The similarities between the photos of Mussolini & Johnson are plainly evident with the pose & the helmet. A little more research confirms that the two photos do indeed originate from 'Private Eye'. Here they are

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/lookalikes/big/boris-mussolini.jpg

Here is a link to a directory of many of the other Lookalikes they have published over the years:-
https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/lookalikes/big/

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
You debunk NOTHING sonny.

As I said earlier, local authoritis KNOW the census data vastly underestimates their populations because they know how many people are accessing services.

GP registrations show the same thing.

Even a casual inquiry would show that the CENSUS does not catch those who do not want to engage with the authorities. If you are an undocumented migrant, why would you engage in the data collection.

The move to online census data collection also misses lots of people.

The census data and our official figures do not pass the smell test.

Nigel needs to stop cherry picking. He wants to skew arguments and data by disallowing water in the Netherlands density calculation, but not the upland areas of the UK and England. What next? I might want to disallow the 250 square miles of the Border Forest from the England density data.
Yet the only evidence that you provide that the ONS data is wildly inaccurate is a link to the same article from 2007 that itself has no evidence supporting its assertions.

Just as the Wash isn't included within the land area of England neither is the former Zuider Zee. Just looks at the map. Windermere & Coniston are tiny in comparison.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

The main stories are:
  • for the year ending (YE) December 2023 there were 1.1 million NINo registrations from non-UK adult overseas nationals. This compares to 1.1 million registrations for the YE December 2022
  • the majority of registrations for the YE December 2023 are from non-EU nationals with 1.0 million, compared to 96,000 registrations from EU nationals
  • for the YE December 2023, the nationality with the highest number of registrations from non-EU nationals was India with 280,000, followed by Nigeria with 140,000 registrations
  • for the YE December 2023 the nationality with the highest number of registrations from EU nationals was Romania (23,000)

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I didn't get past the intro as this caught my eye:-

• The statistical margin of error in our illegal immigrant estimates in 2022 is ± 270,000, assuming a 90 percent confidence level. However, as with any estimate of illegal immigrants, there is also non-statistical error in these numbers.
I have done plenty of statistics in my time & that confidence interval is wide enough to drive a coach & horses through. We would never contemplate anything less than 95% & preferably 99%.
Declaring on page one that you are fiddling your results by assuming a 90% confidence interval means that we cannot rely on your numbers. It's a worthless article masquerading as legitimate research.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh