Prices of the electricity we use to charge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think you said the same when I posted that graph showing that, according to the Crime Survey of England and Wales, violent crime had reduced

View attachment 59275
That's because the same rules apply. Rather than reading the Guardian and copying and pasting their propaganda, you should use logic, intelligence and diligence to figure out what's going on. As I said before, logic says that the line cannot come down unless somebody did something to influence it. All the things that I can think of that would influence it have gone in the wrong direction - number of police on the street, stiffer sentences, locking up offenders, zero tolerance policy, stop and search, etc.

I asked you before, start listing all the things that were done to bring that crime rate down, and don't start with holding consultations or setting up think-tanks. I want real actions that would have a direct effect.

When Sadiq Khan got some money for extra police officers, instead of getting a load of ex military commandos to hunt down the knife gangs, he put them all in an office, gave them each a PC, and told them to go after mean tweets and arrest the perpetrators. 3,300 arrested last year for mean tweets in this country compared with 300 in Russia.

• :D
Reactions: robert44

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
That's because the same rules apply. Rather than reading the Guardian and copying and pasting their propaganda, you should use logic, intelligence and diligence to figure out what's going on. As I said before, logic says that the line cannot come down unless somebody did something to influence it. All the things that I can think of that would influence it have gone in the wrong direction - number of police on the street, stiffer sentences, locking up offenders, zero tolerance policy, stop and search, etc.

I asked you before, start listing all the things that were done to bring that crime rate down, and don't start with holding consultations or setting up think-tanks. I want real actions that would have a direct effect.

When Sadiq Khan got some money for extra police officers, instead of getting a load of ex military commandos to hunt down the knife gangs, he put them all in an office, gave them each a PC, and told them to go after mean tweets and arrest the perpetrators. 3,300 arrested last year for mean tweets in this country compared with 300 in Russia.
Isn't it better to go to top quality sources of information and form your views from that, rather than dismiss any evidence that doesn't fit your prejudices ?

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Most of the junk on this post has ZERO to do with the original post where is ADMIN

"Since we all use electricity to charge our e-bikes, I thought I'd post this here as well:

Something very close to home, FUEL PRICES.

For those of you what dont yet know the new prices from April 1st, I've received mine:

I'm electricity only and my current month bill for this 20th January to 20th February is £196.19 including VAT.

Exactly the same bill after the 1st April increase will be £306.87 including VAT.

That's up 56.41%.

I'm one of the fortunate few who won't be bothered in any way by this, but I'm well aware that these sort of costs will be disastrous for many. I can foresee many elderly and vulnerable people dying of hypothermia next winter if the government doesn't do something far more drastic than their present inadequate relief plans. "
If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Simple.

• Dislike

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I think you said the same when I posted that graph showing that, according to the Crime Survey of England and Wales, violent crime had reduced

View attachment 59275
I gave you a response explaining the most likely reason for the world wide reduction in impulsive, violent crime some days ago. It has nothing to do with migration at all. It is to do with lead pollution and the removal of tetra-ethyl lead from petrol. I won't go over the detail that I put in my earlier post again. You can go back and look if you want to.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I gave you a response explaining the most likely reason for the world wide reduction in impulsive, violent crime some days ago. It has nothing to do with migration at all. It is to do with lead pollution and the removal of tetra-ethyl lead from petrol. I won't go over the detail that I put in my earlier post again. You can go back and look if you want to.
Yes, I saw it and read it thanks, it was also covered in Freakonomics

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Some people appear to think that the population didn't have the replacement forced upon them. I don't remember anyone being asked if they wanted the multi-cultural, stabbing paradise, they wax lyrical about.
I get it. You don't like immigrants. You only joined the forum a couple of months ago. Why don't you bugger off again & take your racist & Islamophobic views with you.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
https://x.com/nazirafzal is a very good resource on grooming gangs

edited to add

View attachment 59277
Yes - Nazir Afzal prosecuted them and is utterly intolerant of this horrible behaviour. He is a good guy.

Did anyone say that ALL Pakistani's Afghans or Albanians are a menace?

If anyone did, I missed it.

The point I want to make loud and clear is that there are numbers of people in this country who would love people to shut up about this stuff. They would prefer that no one mentioned it again, because 'it's wraycist'. (sic)

This was told to Anne Cryer way back when she first raised her concerns about gang grooming of under aged girls and she met with shocked opposition. I had similar experience when I raised concerns about a disclosure of forced marriage of eighteen year old woman, and many of the people who blew open this particular wasps nest had the same reaction.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I get it. You don't like immigrants. You only joined the forum a couple of months ago. Why don't you bugger off again & take your racist & Islamophobic views with you.
I am the grandson and great grandson of immigrants on two sides of my family. The question isn't 'immigrants' . The questions are:

How many?
Are there enough homes?
What kind of immigrants?
How skilled or unskilled are they?
What contribution can they make?
Are they are criminals?
Who controls our borders?

There is nothing unusual or controversial about asking these kinds of questions in making policy in any civilised country outside Europe which has abandoned all control pretty much and left the criminal traffickers to decide it for them.

Try walking into Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA. Try it in Japan.

When did I mention Islam?

I didn't you stupid f ---ker!

I mentioned criminal behaviour!

YOU brought up Islam.

YOU brought up genetics earlier.

Not me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
In a word no. Because your "top quality sources" are nothing but propaganda.
Not nothing though. You can use logic to discard the propaganda element from top sources. If you discard them all, you are left with mostly opinion pieces, difficult to fact check.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am the grandson and great grandson of immigrants on two sides of my family. The question isn't 'immigrants' . The questions are:

How many?
Are there enough homes?
What kind of immigrants?
How skilled or unskilled are they?
What contribution can they make?
Are they are criminals?
Who controls our borders?

There is nothing unusual or controversial about asking these kinds of questions in making policy in any civilised country outside Europe which has abandoned all control pretty much and left the criminal traffickers to decide it for them.

Try walking into Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA. Try it in Japan.
Sunak has quietly dealt with immigration issues. Family visas reduced by about 40%, student visas reduced a bit, work visas salary threshold nearly doubled. If we cooperate with the EU for a Pan-european solution, we can solve the small boats problem too.
Starmer seems to have the rioters under control atm.

Reactions: flecc

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
UNITED BRITAIN UK riots LIVE: Brits come out in force to quell riot fears after cops launched biggest operation EVER to crush carnage

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Sunak has quietly dealt with immigration issues. Family visas reduced by about 40%, student visas reduced a bit, work visas salary threshold nearly doubled. If we cooperate with the EU for a Pan-european solution, we can solve the small boats problem too.
Starmer seems to have the rioters under control atm.

Reactions: Woosh