My Cargo bike build.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
He's doing great - sounds like everything is in the right place, and all he needs to do now is edit that .bat file....

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I suppose one could video record the error message flashing, and pause to take a screenshot and upload here.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@Nealh - you'll be pleased to hear that I am off to work now. DO NOT GIVE UP!!

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Those suggestions guerney were n't much good, the bat file says no.
My feeling is my w10 pc is giivng up and is clsoe to it op limits and gb input.
Yesterday at 14.30 I thought I had the install licked and all worked ticketyboo then 1.5 hrs later windows said no and changed the one important part which opens the configurator.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try to remove everything and start again as like you said it did work then win 10 has changed something and buggers it up.

it is nothing to do with the pc performance wise as just a basic interface and i bet with win xp none of this would be a problem imo.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
However I did try the java config again and had a slight bit of success, if one wants to call it that.

I had to rapidly 3x click on Java config to get the screen to open, before this screen flicked on then off ina blink of an eye.

There ia an error message at the vey top.

error: Could not find or load main class C:\TSDZ2- Smart-EBike-1-20.1C\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C\JavaConfigurator.jar
jar.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I now have a double path word in front of the config jar, so this might now or is an issue.

Yes I might have to do that SW, it worked once and looks like it may be down to the w10 system. Only issue I have is rememering all the little changes that needs doing.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I got back from work about 20 minutes ago and decided to crack this nut myself. I successfully installed and configured everything for a motor which I never ever want or need or wish to see in person ever in my life, and got to this bit where it wants to communicate with a motor controller I never ever want because I am not TS curious in the very least:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well that's your problem right there as there can only be one path to link the motor to the software via windows if there are 2 it will conflict and not work.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You've just got to set the paths right - that dude who wrote the wiki, has got the wrong instructions on his wiki.
well that's your problem right there as there can only be one path to link the motor to the software via windows if there are 2 it will conflict and not work.
Nope - the ST software has to install in a folder on C:\ and not directly on C:\

Then the path has to be edited to point to the right folder, which I'll email to myself from the computer I installed it all on and post next...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Before installing the ST software, you need to make a folder called:

STMicroelectronics

on the C: drive

Then install the ST software into that. Then edit the path in the .bat file to start with this:

PATH = %PATH%;C:\STMicroelectronics\stvp;

As you can see, I've got to the last bit where it has compiled and is trying to communicate with a motor controller I never ever ever want to see ever in my life, because TS is not something I am ever going to be interested in trying, ever.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It did take a few starts from the command line, till I discovered that the wiki guy's instructions were incorrect and he'd directed people to use the wrong path.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I now have a double path word in front of the config jar, so this might now or is an issue.

Yes I might have to do that SW, it worked once and looks like it may be down to the w10 system. Only issue I have is rememering all the little changes that needs doing.
It's just two paths, doesn't matter. Mr Wiki listed the wrong path for the installation of the ST software - maybe the latest version installs different directories. Either way, it's an easy fix with Notepad++.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
However I did try the java config again and had a slight bit of success, if one wants to call it that.

I had to rapidly 3x click on Java config to get the screen to open, before this screen flicked on then off ina blink of an eye.

There ia an error message at the vey top.

error: Could not find or load main class C:\TSDZ2- Smart-EBike-1-20.1C\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C\JavaConfigurator.jar
View attachment 46919
It should be looking for a directory directly on C:

I used Winrar, dragged and dropped that entire folder onto C: it's called :

TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-master

..and in that folder are the directories plus JavaConfigurator.jar, which I activated directly using the command console, as directed in the ReadmeJava (in that folder), after which the configurator started up. I then clicked Compile and Flash and got the screen where it was trying to communicate with the controller.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Start the command console

1. Type in:

cd..

2. Press Enter

Repeat those two steps until you get to C:

Then type:

cd TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-master

Press Enter

Then type

java -jar "JavaConfigurator.jar"

Then press enter

The configurator will start up, and if you have edited the path correctly, you can compile and flash away!

(another black console box will open up with compile and communication progess, when you hit "Compile and Flash")

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm just reloading the JRE as command prompt doesn't recognise it, which means it's isn't loaded or if loaded has done so correctly. B-4-2 has given a link for that so first I need command prompt to recognise it is installed.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Alternatively, you can just type:

cd C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-master

and press enter, to get into that directory to run the configurator using:

java -jar "JavaConfigurator.jar"

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm just reloading the JRE as command prompt doesn't recognise it, which means it's isn't loaded or if loaded has done so correctly. B-4-2 has given a link for that so first I need command prompt to recognise it is installed.
Uninstall it first, then go to this page and download the 64 bit offline installer for Windows:

Double click the downloaded file and install.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Once JRE has installed, upload a snapshot of the error message when you try opening the configurator from the command prompt. Remember you have to get into the directory which contains the configurator first, as in post #158

Related Articles

Advertisers