Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Scientists create a cell that precludes malignant growth"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what would you expect with every house having a air con on full blast blowing hot air outside. :rolleyes:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Some landfill 'burps' contain airborne PFAS, study finds"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"The study, based on data from more than 88,000 participants of the UK Biobank and published in the European Heart Journal – Digital Health, found that those who dozed off between 10pm and 10.59pm had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke than those who dozed off earlier or later, but why should that be so?"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Is the post-COVID-19 syndrome a severe impairment of acetylcholine-orchestrated neuromodulation that responds to nicotine administration?"

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Gatekeeper of the Consciousness: Israeli Study Finds Brain Area Regulating Attention and Wakefulness

The study found that an area of the brain called the claustrum regulates wakefulness, attention and behavior. Varying its activity levels in mice affected sleep, responsiveness, and impulsive behavior, potentially aiding treatments for disorders like ADHD"

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've seen that working. A few coppers came into my favourite balti house. They were breathing in some CO2 when they were in there. The level of CO2 was a bit higher than normal because it was a busy Saturday night, so quite packed. Before they even got home, the methane was pumping out their backsides at a fierce rate.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I've seen that working. A few coppers came into my favourite balti house. They were breathing in some CO2 when they were in there. The level of CO2 was a bit higher than normal because it was a busy Saturday night, so quite packed. Before they even got home, the methane was pumping out their backsides at a fierce rate.
I was puzzled about how the policemen managed to convert CO2 into methane and I found this on Google:

“To recycle carbon dioxide into methane, an established industrial method involves the reaction of hydrogen and carbon dioxide using a ruthenium-based catalyst at temperatures of 300 to 400 degrees Celsius, but this method limited how much and when methane could be produced since it requires such high temperature,” ...
I am not sure how they could manage to create temperatures of 300 to 400C, except that since it was a curry house they may have had a very hot vindaloo. Where they got the hydrogen, I have no idea.

Reactions: saneagle