Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
You really would need to be a twisted nutter to try to make a dog into a vegan. They do eat pretty much most food, though. Nipper ate quality fish/rice fish/potato and chicken /rice/potato all his life. He is 14, which is a good age.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Through biomimicry, researchers have developed a novel method of repairing bone structure using coral and marine sponges as scaffolds, or frames for bone tissue to regenerate onto."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
"Bionic leg moves like a natural limb — without conscious thought
Computer interface links signals from the brain to an artificial limb, giving the wearer better balance, flexibility and speed."

I wonder how many ex-soldiers from Ukraine, Russia, Israel and Palestine are going to get that bionic leg?

Somebody noted that it's only the poor and working class guys that get drafted into the Ukraine army. All the rich guys are partying in Kiev with the superfluity of girls there. So many guys have been killed that you can take your choice from the best girls now. I think I might go there myself:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Mixing energy drinks and alcohol during adolescence impairs brain function: A study of rat hippocampal plasticity"

"Walking backwards might 'look a little weird,' but it could be just the exercise you need

Walking backwards can help older adults improve balance and avoid falls, say experts"

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Semaglutide, the active ingredient in Ozempic and Wegovy, is associated with a rare blinding disease, according to new research."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Barry Mayled, 74, has type two diabetes and watched foot ulcers steadily worsen during the Covid pandemic until surgeons said they had no choice but to amputate.

But Mr Mayled said a medical student observing his care mentioned microwave treatment as an option and, following nine months of treatment, he is now "totally clear"."

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
"Barry Mayled, 74, has type two diabetes and watched foot ulcers steadily worsen during the Covid pandemic until surgeons said they had no choice but to amputate.

But Mr Mayled said a medical student observing his care mentioned microwave treatment as an option and, following nine months of treatment, he is now "totally clear"."

I've got an ulcer on my denis because I've been a bit too close to a load of girls that get around a lot. I've been too worried to show it to the doctor in case they say that it has to be amputated. I'm so pleased you told me about this. I think I'll give the microwave a go and see what happens first. Do you have any idea about the power setting? Would I be better with low power for longer or should I just run maximum power until the ulcer drops off? I think that's going to do it a bit quicker than 9 months.