Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
she is saying that neoliberalism is killing the well proven democratic practices and values.
Neoliberalism is seen everywhere nowadays.

• Agree
Reactions: Danidl

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This lady was asked to say a few words - she did but the director of the film crew said 'Cut!' Look, that's too obtuse for the man in the street. Can you do it again but use simple terms that everyone will understand so the message gets across?'

This is her simplified version.........

View attachment 20107

Got that?

Tom
Educated Americans from the top tier colleges have very impressive vocabularies, in this case however she has let style trump substance, obscuring the message.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This lady was asked to say a few words - she did but the director of the film crew said 'Cut!' Look, that's too obtuse for the man in the street. Can you do it again but use simple terms that everyone will understand so the message gets across?'

This is her simplified version.........

View attachment 20107

Got that?

Tom
Let me put it in Human Speak

The Middle Ages and Feudalism are making a comeback
BIGLY
Just one difference the Barons now head international Corporations and the Serfs are on Zero hours contracts.
Look at the latest innovation
Slavery has been re-invented, and this time it is both Mental and Physical.
It has two names... Mobile Phone and Facebook
Ideal Worker Drone training.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Labour is suggesting it may not just stop uni tuition fees,it may cancel all student debt. That is not so expensive that may appear,It is said that only 77% of student debt will ever be collected.
The students loan company is very poor at collecting student debts.
The interest on the loan is currently 3% over RPI,6% ,this interest is applied even when the student is at uni,that seems crazy.
Maybe a complete rethink of the student loan system is needed. Maybe only charge £3000 per student year,charge no interest,but develop a much more robust system to collect the debt.
Cancelling all student debt may cost less than Brexit,it would be a big vote winner amongst past students.
KudosDave

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Cancelling all student debt may cost less than Brexit,it would be a big vote winner amongst past students.
If it becomes policy, it should see JC become PM. The cost really is irrelevant, bearing in mind how the present apology for a government has wasted billions, just to keep itself in office for a little longer.

If and when that becomes reality, perhaps we can begin to exercise some control over university incomes, re-assess charitable status, clamp down on the massive salaries the 'godfathers' have created for themselves and look very closely at the land and property holdings of the universities. They have been an unchallenged law unto themselves for too long.

Tom

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Words of reassurance on "Having our Cake and Eating it"
From Jacob Rees Mogg
"
On Brexit, Rees-Mogg offered his views on the recent debate over whether the UK wwould be able to “have its cake and eat it” when it leaves the bloc.

“I like cake, I like eating it, I like having it and I like baking bigger cakes, which was Margaret Thatcher’s great saying,” he said. “I think it’s true – economically you want to bake a bigger cake rather than slicing up an existing cake differently.”

As for the impact of Brexit on the City, Rees-Mogg said he was “not worried about it at all”. “It’s all hugely over-egged. The thing about the City is that it’s not its geography, it’s not its time-zone. It’s that it is good at what it does. People want to do business here,” he said.

People want to do Business here? and what happens when the EU market dries up?

Brexit isn't likely to be a case of Baking a "Bigger cake"
Far more likely it will be what is known in Yorkshire as
"A Windmill Pie"
And why is it called that?
Because it is so pathetically small you have to hope there is enough of it to
"Go Round"

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we'll know soon by Christmas how much the tories want to keep the City happy.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Theresa May is intending to plead with Labour to help her through Brexit....that only confirms that we all knew that she hasn't a clue how to negotiate Brexit....she has often said that she doesn't want to reveal her cards to the EU,but she has now told Europe that she is so weak that she needs Labour's help.
Has she no pride!!!!
This will weaken her position even further and I cannot see Remainers or Leavers being happy about it.
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
...she has often said that she doesn't want to reveal her cards to the EU,but she has now told Europe that she is so weak that she needs Labour's help.
Has she no pride!!!!
apparently not, but I still prefer her letting parliament to take the lead.

Maybe a complete rethink of the student loan system is needed. Maybe only charge £3000 per student year,charge no interest,but develop a much more robust system to collect the debt.
£3000 is still too much. The current system is expensive and produces too many useless degrees. Worse still, it discourages young people to take on worthwhile careers that involve physical work.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I never thought to see that in the Torygraph
"
May's SOS to CorbynPM wants opposition leader to support her policies and help deliver Brexit"

My reaction?
Now is NOT the time for all good men to come to the aid of that party!

If the Government of the day, that Promised the Electorate it could deliver Brexit cannot do so
Brexit must be impractical and should be discarded.
At this moment in time, that is a brilliant summation of how desperate May and her multi-millionaire, inbred government have become. They decided to pretend that they were implementing the will of the people so just because they are are not equipped with sufficient grey matter to provide the country with a better future after all, they should either sink or swim.

They have no right to attempt to share the blame for this debacle with other political parties after their arrogant stance at every stage of proceedings to date.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Daily Mail
"
New claims that Tory politicians faced DEATH threats and 'disgusting' online abuse on the campaign trail
  • Theresa May considering treating abuse of politicians as a hate crime
  • The law could now be changed to increase protection for election candidates
  • Antoinette Sandbach revealed online abuse by school 'behaviour manager'
  • Former soldier Johnny Mercer said he and wife were angrily confronted in public

Thou shalt not criticise
Surely no one is going to fall for this blatant propaganda? and Politicians consider themselves immune from Public anger now?

As the Americans say
"Brother, you ain't seen nuthin yet!" which is most unfortunate for all of us!
But the present situation was created by the Torys, promoted, aided and abetted by them,and quite simply they have no one but themselves to blame for the anger the Public feel.
Attepting to legally suppress that anger would be the very last thing any sensible politician would do.

Which of course means inevitably they will.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Theresa May is intending to plead with Labour to help her through Brexit....that only confirms that we all knew that she hasn't a clue how to negotiate Brexit....she has often said that she doesn't want to reveal her cards to the EU,but she has now told Europe that she is so weak that she needs Labour's help.
Has she no pride!!!!
This will weaken her position even further and I cannot see Remainers or Leavers being happy about it.
KudosDave
Once again emphasises that the very close referendum result should not have been acted on. It was to all intentions a draw, and the similarly close election result has emphasised that fact.

The best action now would be to ask for the article 50 notice to be rescinded, with a promise to the electorate that a fresh referendum will be held in X number of years time. If that fresh referendum can achieve two-thirds majority to leave it will be acted upon.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Perhaps someone should be costing what damage the country's finance has sustained so far from this Brexit debacle and tendering a bill to the Leave Campaigners?

However this Google search question
"What losses has the UK sustained to date over brexit?"
Gives no tangible result, just a lot of none specific links.

The inference is clear no one can either be bothered, or more likely want such facts to be revealed to the Public Gaze.

Clearly we are blindly frittering away both Goodwill and monetary resource with no guarantee of a worthwhile result.

Google would have more accurately reflected the Government position if the answer returned had been to refer to a Government Department statement.

"We refuse to answer that question on the grounds it might tend to incriminate us."

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
What told me that May is just a puppet,the strings pulled by 80 Tory 'bastards' was that with all the critical subjects within the last election manifesto she wanted a bill on bringing back fox hunting! You can see these old farts in hunting pink.
Anyway,she wants to reach out to Labour for ideas....how about scrapping Brexit,is that a good idea or for a soft Brexit how about staying in the customs union? Keir Starmer thinks the latter is a good idea but I think May doesn't want new ideas she is reaching out to others to support her form of Brexit,Labour will not help her now,Corbyn has openly told her to resign.
Every move that May makes seems to make her weaker,better to retreat into No 10 and have a good cry.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How delightful that fate has turned from the day Cameron shouted at Corbyn " for the love of the country go! " and here we are with not only him gone, but now Corbyn is calling for the resignation of his successor!
I love it!
Quite soon Corbyn may well take Cameron's advice and go
Into no 10 Downing Street
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

Advertisers