Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And yes I think the ECJ has done nothing to protect anyone, from fires to reduced pensions to unemployment to Zero hours contracts. Banned in many EU countries. Not ours. What has ECJ done on that. Same old story, if country wants to avoid or implement anything it can. ( wording I quoted said as much)
And how is that the Fault of the ECJ?
Let's take an example
"
EU level: ECJ rules that travel time is treated as working time
Topic:
Employment rightsEU lawEuropean Court of JusticeLabour lawLaw and regulation
Published on:
22 December 2015
Author:
Andrea Broughton
Unions have welcomed a ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ) that travel time for mobile workers should be treated as working time. Employer organisations have not commented, but the UK's umbrella national employer organisation, the CBI, has said it is vital the UK’s opt-out from the EU working time directive is retained.

The question is, why are you not ROOTING for the attitude of the British Government to accept the very reasonable ECJ court rulings?

Don;t you see how stupid it is to complain they are toothless, when the fault lies with our own Government?

What logic lies behind your weird and frankly illogical attitude?
You destroy your own arguments.

Let me put it simply for you so you know what you should have done.
Argued that opting out of accepting the ECJ's court decisions was WRONG

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is a wider realisation that BREXIT comes with costs attached. The price is unclear, but I think people are prepared to accept some additional expense. A lot will depend on how skilfully the BREXIT negotiating team get us out of the EU. Looking at the line-up, I'm not optimistic.

There is £13,000,000,000 kicking around in the foreign aid budget. That would help with easing austerity in the public sector.
More likely end up disappearing as usual.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How come the ECJ has not prevented them ? Because it cant, therefore its a pointless charade of care.
Said it before, we need a caring government, in or out the EU is irrelevan
Blame should be placed where it is deserved, with the Goverment opt outs, not the EU

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don't think that woman on QT at 23min30s cares a hoot for treaties if you ask her should we stay in or get out.
The fact is politicians need her vote. What would you do if you were a politician? How will you win her vote?
Quite simply you can't it has to come from her and through exposure to circumstances so shocking that her ability to ignore the facts are overcome.
Propaganda is very hard to expunge from anyone who has fallen for it.
Not to worry the reality of Brexit will either prove she was right, or more likely shatter her illusions.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Quite simply you can't it has to come from her and through exposure to circumstances so shocking that her ability to ignore the facts are overcome.
can you imagine a situation where she will be shocked by the proof that she needs the EU in her life?

• Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is a wider realisation that BREXIT comes with costs attached. The price is unclear, but I think people are prepared to accept some additional expense. A lot will depend on how skilfully the BREXIT negotiating team get us out of the EU. Looking at the line-up, I'm not optimistic.

There is £13,000,000,000 kicking around in the foreign aid budget. That would help with easing austerity in the public sector.
It would appear that the " wider realisation that BREXIT comes with costs attached. The price is unclear, but I think people are prepared to accept some additional expense."
Is proof only that people while realising they had been lied to to vote for Brexit, still cannot accept that they were wrong, and hang on to the dream despite any intervening evidence it is all false.
There is also the feeling that like a landslide coming down on us, we cannot avoid it anyway.
Let us hope this is not a case of
"The operation was a success, but the patient died of complications"

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Let us hope this is not a case of
"The operation was a success, but the patient died of complications"
There is no better way than brexit to make us realize how the world has moved on since Queen Victoria.
Time to put our pre-eminence to the test.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And how is that the Fault of the ECJ?
Let's take an example
"
EU level: ECJ rules that travel time is treated as working time
Topic:
Employment rightsEU lawEuropean Court of JusticeLabour lawLaw and regulation
Published on:
22 December 2015
Author:
Andrea Broughton
Unions have welcomed a ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ) that travel time for mobile workers should be treated as working time. Employer organisations have not commented, but the UK's umbrella national employer organisation, the CBI, has said it is vital the UK’s opt-out from the EU working time directive is retained.

The question is, why are you not ROOTING for the attitude of the British Government to accept the very reasonable ECJ court rulings?

Don;t you see how stupid it is to complain they are toothless, when the fault lies with our own Government?

What logic lies behind your weird and frankly illogical attitude?
You destroy your own arguments.

Let me put it simply for you so you know what you should have done.
Argued that opting out of accepting the ECJ's court decisions was WRONG
No, I didn't blame ECJ at all. I blame our government and greedy businesses men like Mike Ashley, between them they trample any ECJ rules. Its purely the remit of nations government...makking ECJ a big expensive pink elephant.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I shall explain it to you
The ECJ is there to ensure that the same rights extend to all EU citizens regardless of their state of residence.
This is necessary because some states (us for one) have the strangest idea of just what human rights are, so this needs international control.
Keep watching because human rights will be done away with very soon.

MS.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No, I didn't blame ECJ at all. I blame our government and greedy businesses men like Mike Ashley, between them they trample any ECJ rules. Its purely the remit of nations government...makking ECJ a big expensive pink elephant.
Tonto him say "
(Racial descriptive censored here) man speak with Forked tongue"

You do realise that making statements like this one
"How come the ECJ has not prevented them ? Because it cant, therefore its a pointless charade of care."
Isn't usually seen as a sign of approval.
You didn't Blame the ECJ?
Silly me, I didn't realise you liked them really, kept that secret preference well hidden, didn't you?

Simple question, how about making it plain what you really mean? instead of ranting on about the shortcomings of the ECJ which you have just confirmed are no fault of it's own, it's actually on the side of the Angels?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There is no better way than brexit to make us realize how the world has moved on since Queen Victoria.
Time to put our pre-eminence to the test.
Close, but perhaps I might suggest "incontinence" would be a better fit.
And it would guarantee they pay attention to Davis in the Negotiations.

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No old chap it make the UK Government itself a big expensive and Flatulent pink Elephant

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tonto him say "
(Racial descriptive censored here) man speak with Forked tongue"

You do realise that making statements like this one
"How come the ECJ has not prevented them ? Because it cant, therefore its a pointless charade of care."
Isn't usually seen as a sign of approval.
You didn't Blame the ECJ?
Silly me, I didn't realise you liked them really, kept that secret preference well hidden, didn't you?

Simple question, how about making it plain what you really mean? instead of ranting on about the shortcomings of the ECJ which you have just confirmed are no fault of it's own, it's actually on the side of the Angels?
No OG you are not reading my posts as intended. Intrinsically ECJ is great and says and attempts to do all the correct idealistic things but if govenments so wish their wishes are simply over ruled by national rulings.( as my quote made clear)
I have nothing against ECJ or the Delai Lama or Ghandi...all have marvellous ideals and similar control over our country...but we don't pay Ghandi to do a job our government does.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
imho, I think that protestors in the longer run will find it more satisfying gathering together lovingly in a well kept park enjoying a picnic.:)

MS.
that reminds me of 'Fête de l'Humanité' that I used to go to in Paris.

May go again this year for old time sake.

http://fete.humanite.fr/

Reactions: mountainsport

Advertisers