Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I did not say anything of the sort you said I said.
People voted for their own reasons, I don't dwell on them.
I invite readers to think about the reasons for brexit and perhaps, persuade some to give brexit a chance.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I did not say anything of the sort you said I said.
People voted for their own reasons, I don't dwell on them.
I invite readers to think about the reasons for brexit and perhaps, persuade some to give brexit a chance.
A chance to do what exactly? Already so many promises have been qualified or dropped, just what are you expecting?
We have turned friend's into at best competitor's that outgun us and condemned ourselves to becoming a client state rather than a major European partner for nothing in return.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
No, I did not.
I asked you to start another thread where you can talk about what you want to talk about.
Exactly! Freedom of speech or freedom of expression is only when it suits you. Every item I have appended to this thread, humorous ones excepted, has been entirely relevant to the main thrust of the topic. That you cannot accept that, prompted me to say that 'there are none so blind as those who will not see'.

You are wrong about 'Brexit'; you are wrong about the government and you are wrong about the fundamentals of what represents a freedom. I even gave you a little meme about what right-wing government has done in recent times but you seem to disregard that sort of sell-off to foreign ownership as just a business transaction and if that is the way you view it, then you are wrong again!

Tom

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you continue to make assumptions - did you check your own statistics to see how many readers agree with them? No, don't count the ticks, count the number of people who gave you their approval.
If you stick to facts, eg graphs, newspapers quotes, politicians speeches, pictures of events, this sort of things, I would gladly read every bit of it. BTW, I don't care for what the bloke on the AAV blog wrote. He is way out of my view of this country.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tom still hasn't offered any alternative to this government. All things considered May is doing a decent job after idiot Cameron and fool Osbourne got us in this mess..
Perhaps Tom would like to go back to good old Blair days when Daily Mail was at its height of circulation. I occasionally read Mail, its a useless newspaper but assuming UK has been duped by it when it only reaches around 1 in 50 people is plain stupid.
I applaud folk with different opinions, its what makes our country great, that is being able to express them. What is appalling is when a fool like Tom groups all leavers ,together as idiots, fascists and mail readers is utterly offensive. Which of those groups would you put Hargreaves,Lyons,Portillo, Carney, King ?? They might be many things but they certainly are not idiots.

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
assuming UK has been duped by it when it only reaches around 1 in 50 people is plain stupid.
Well at least that is true, the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph and Sun do indeed only reach a small part of the population.
But the Government has other means of mass persuasion at it's disposal and almost complete control on what is presented to the Public as the truth, not to mention the biggest surveillance apparatus outside Russia.
Doesn't it ever occur to you to wonder why almost nothing was ever heard of the doings of out MEP's except for the occasions that Farage had a Rant?
Nothing positive was ever reported, was it?
Pure coincidence of course, the only information reaching the public was critical, purely accidentally of course as in your eyes all the EU did was bad.
Rather strange that when our representative MEPS were supposed to look after our interests, and our Government party to all legislation going through.
Now we are reduced to spectators at the mercy of events in Europe that we had power to influence and even instigate.
Worse we have lied to the people who voted for Brexit that good jobs won't go to foreigners in future, and the Government has confirmed that they still will.
Even worse they will still let in the workers for jobs at the bottom end of the scale.
Do you think the Brexit voters will take that lying down?
Really?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Sitrep time.
Quiet at the moment in the press over Brexit
Still no plan except to continue with immigration as if we were still in the EU
Welfare benefits cut
NHS spending cut.
Still no sign of better times.
Did I miss anything>

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
why? Do you expect surprises?
The EU expects us to pay up, they are not going to do anything until we agree the figure. Then they will propose rental for the next 3 years we need to create a replacement market for ourselves.
Some may call it a racket.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you stick to facts, eg graphs, newspapers quotes, politicians speeches, pictures of events, this sort of things, I would gladly read every bit of it. .
That's an attempt at humour.....right?

Are you so inured to the lies of newspaper headlines and editorials as well as the lies from politicians and economic pundits that you can no longer distinguish between rhetoric and reality?

I actually gave you credit for showing a little sense occasionally but I'm afraid you have destroyed that notion for me with that little effort.

Facts, my dear chap, are generally based on truths and not the fantasies of right-wing politicians - 'Brexit means Brexit; have faith, trust us!'

To say there are many churches in the UK would qualify as a provable fact but to say that there is a father, son & holy ghost, one of whom walked on this earth, is not a provable fact - some people though believe such stuff because it's what they want to believe. Does that strike a chord with you?

Tom

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are you so inured to the lies of newspaper headlines and editorials as well as the lies from politicians and economic pundits that you can no longer distinguish between rhetoric and reality?
where does that come from? oldtom, you spend much of your time reading stuff from the gutter press and moan about them on here.
I don't read them, I don't care for them, am not affected by them, I totally ignore them.
Please vacate this thread and take your moaning elsewhere.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
why? Do you expect surprises?
The EU expects us to pay up, they are not going to do anything until we agree the figure. Then they will propose rental for the next 3 years we need to create a replacement market for ourselves.
Some may call it a racket.
I call Brexit a Racket, to what were you referring?

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The remainers assumed leavers voted because of immigration so when it remains unaltered they assume its going to be an issue, bur most didn't vote because of immigration ( or NHS) , a point proved by fact when these issues are fudged over support for leave remains strong.
OG , like the way you now do an about turn..." ih yes I agree, with Mail's poor circulation it couldn't control people or government, its the governments fault...but they were ELECTED democratically and to remain in power believe they have to carry out certain policies. Your glorious left simply has policies only a few idiots would ever vote for, consequently the most supported stay in power...
There simply isn't an alternative because the country doesn't want one.If it did Corbyn would be in number 10...and probably a week later Putin or Kim...

• Disagree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don't read them, I don't care for them, am not affected by them, I totally ignore them.
So where do you obtain your information? Do you perhaps have a daily fact list transmitted to you from your home planet that you and only you can access?

If you know there are sources of credible information about 'Brexit', don't you think it is incumbent upon you to furnish Downing St and the rest of we mortals with these unquestionable facts?

Tom

• Agree

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
In the USA, Trump has been strongly advised by a bunch of their top economists that immigration is essential to America. The last paragraph is strangely enlightening:

economists-immigrants-economy-trump

Tom
Rupert saying immigrants are needed, anyone would think he was one.
Oh yes he is isn't he.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So where do you obtain your information? Do you perhaps have a daily fact list transmitted to you from your home planet that you and only you can access?

If you know there are sources of credible information about 'Brexit', don't you think it is incumbent upon you to furnish Downing St and the rest of we mortals with these unquestionable facts?

Tom
oldtom, I separate facts from opinions.
I don't care for the opinions expressed in the right wing rags.
I don't quote them, have no interest in them whatsoever.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oh dear! I was searching for a website which would have all the answers to my questions and thought I had finally found the right place.........

17884309_906052689537251_4537667019230656783_n.jpg

.........looks like the only alternative is to ask 'Woosh' then as he has an uncanny ability to separate fact from opinion......well, that's what he claims.

Tom

• Agree

Advertisers