Brexit, for once some facts.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I've just been watching Pfizer CEO on CNBC he says they will have vaccinated 30K patients aged between 18 and 85 by the end of August in 120 different sites all around the world. If the vaccine proves to be safe and effective then he hopes to have approval by late September or October this year.

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Well guys, we no longer have to worry about grammar anymore because it's racist. Apparently, certain minorities never had the advantage of education. Rather than waste resources bringing them up to a suitable standard, it's been decided to lower the standard at this University that teaches English language. That should improve their pass rate.

This BLAME crap is out of control. I hope Hamilton won’t be making a fool of himself by crawling around on his knees at the Grand Prix this coming weekend. He just needs to focus on making sure the car is facing forwards and that his foot is planted firmly on the throttle pedal. That’s his job and he’s very good at it.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I've just been watching Pfizer CEO on CNBC he says they will have vaccinated 30K patients aged between 18 and 85 by the end of August in 120 different sites all around the world. If the vaccine proves to be safe and effective then he hopes to have approval by late September or October this year.
It will be very interesting to find out the effectiveness. I guess we'll just have to wait until, statistically, lots of those vaccinated must have been exposed to the virus. (Though there has been discussion about intentional exposure but an awful lot of ethical concerns. And possible legal liability.)

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reactions: oldgroaner and Nev

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do you folks think a minimal free trade agreement with the EU is a fairly likely outcome?
There'll be an unsatisfactory lashup to allow trade to continue after December 31st, with difficulties. Not doing things properly is what we always end up doing.

Just look at the departure agreement, the Brexit negotiations, the many attempts to get parliament to agree on how to leave, the two tries to get a PM via a general election and dealing with Covid-19.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019

It's very difficult to get the real story because most new channels, most press and most social media are anti-Trump.

Basically, nobody calls for anything unless they think they can get an advantage from it, so where is the advantage for the dems? The very article that you published confirms my suspicions of foul play. As I said, they're simply preparing the way. Why else would they publish a story like that?
There's been investigations galore over the months and years in the US concerning voter fraud and the general consensus is it's bunkum. What you have to consider is the size of the population, how many vote and then how many cases of fraud there are, the numbers are there alright but they are miniscule. Look into it deeply enough and you can see for yourself state for state the real figure is very low indeed.
There's probably more fraud going on here during one of our own elections that in the US, it's easier here anyone can fiddle a bit of paper but overall it makes no difference. In Trump's case all he has to do is turn up and he's laughing .. four more years.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There's been investigations galore over the months and years in the US concerning voter fraud and the general consensus is it's bunkum. What you have to consider is the size of the population, how many vote and then how many cases of fraud there are, the numbers are there alright but they are miniscule. Look into it deeply enough and you can see for yourself state for state the real figure is very low indeed.
There's probably more fraud going on here during one of our own elections that in the US, it's easier here anyone can fiddle a bit of paper but overall it makes no difference. In Trump's case all he has to do is turn up and he's laughing .. four more years.
If they (whichever lot) were that capable of implementing big scale voter fraud, we have to ask:

a) How come DT got in?
b) How come HC didn't get in? Despite get the most votes.

Also, remember that DT himself has used postal voting.

From what I have read, the fraud is currently being implemented by making it difficult to impossible for some sections to vote at all.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Can they not do a single thing right?

UK bike repair voucher website struggles at launch
Cyclists voice disappointment as website offering repair vouchers crashes after going live
Do you remember retailers (I hit this on Wickes first) having virtual queues? Not exactly unpredictable demand and queuing technology has certainly matured in recent months.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This was one I haad to respond to
EXC Boris Johnson has launched the search for a new £100,000-plus a year spokesman to become the face of the Government in televised press conferences from this Autumn. A job ad asks for someone to "communicate with the nation on behalf of the Prime Minister". Apply by Aug 21.

oldgroaner @oldgroane

Replying to
@christopherhope
Sadly the man best Qualified to be Governement spokesman is no longer with us

Stanley Unwin
The incomparable Professor Stanley Unwin filmed for 'A Partly Satirical Broadcast' in 1983. Directed by Dom Shaw
youtube.com

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland

oldgroaner @oldgroane

Replying to
@christopherhope
Sadly the man best Qualified to be Governement spokesman is no longer
The incomparable Professor Stanley Unwin filmed for 'A Partly Satirical Broadcast' in 1983. Directed by Dom Shaw
youtube.com
He could certainly teach the blond bawbag a thing or two about spoken communication, not one "umm ah", "er umm", or stutter.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
This was one I haad to respond to
EXC Boris Johnson has launched the search for a new £100,000-plus a year spokesman to become the face of the Government in televised press conferences from this Autumn. A job ad asks for someone to "communicate with the nation on behalf of the Prime Minister". Apply by Aug 21.

oldgroaner @oldgroane

Replying to
@christopherhope
Sadly the man best Qualified to be Governement spokesman is no longer with us

Stanley Unwin
youtube.com
Farage could be a shoe-in weasel worded spokesman for Boris...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reactions: Woosh and Wicky

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
latest data

Who needs a second wave when we still have the first?
Lots of very poor assumptions behind a multi-wave model. Not least, that even in previous epidemics/pandemics the waves are real and inherent to the disease rather than artifices caused by many factors.

Months ago it was very clearly highlighted that multiple occupancy dwellings was a very significant factor in covid-19. No surprise that the worst issues seem to be in areas with high levels of multiple occupancy. (Not necessarily anything worse than several people of the same family living together. It doesn't need further aggravating factors like bed-shares, etc., to be an important factor.)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

He doesn't just look like an idiot....

And I rather liked this tweeted response

If that doesn't bring Barnier to his senses, Mark Francois should threaten to send Cummings around. :cool:

Face with rolling eyes

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh and oyster

Advertisers