Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Urban legend time in the Telegraph
"Let's blame everyone else for our mad mistake!
"
Tin-eared Theresa May got us into this mess, but Remainers are just as much to blame

Janet Daley

How does that work? if you hadn't voted for Brexit none of this would have happened and you leavers were in power and did the negotiating.
Pull the other one, it's got Bells on!
Brexit is your responsibilty, you and the rest of the Brexit Voters own it. do you think remainers will ever forget that?

Why should I personally accept the blame when someone robs me of my citizenship of the EU , and my offspring of theirs too to protect their offshore bank accounts?

If you imagine that then you are simply mad.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I sind it excruciatingly funny that Gove and co shouted about "Project Fear" before the referendum yet be party to this now
From the Daily Mail
"
Brexit delay could last FIVE YEARS if May's deal is not passed, MPs are warned as they prepare to vote today - but DUP threatens to scupper her chances of victory

What does this qualify as then?
In my view, a large part of brexit was precipitated by engendering fear. Fear of EU "control". Never mind that our greatest influence wass achieved when a member and would inevitably wane throughout any brexit process.

"Project Fear" from them wot were so well-versed in using the brexiteer version.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's beginning to look as if we shall become the first largish nation in the world to demote itself to offshore idiot colony due to congenital insanity in it's politicians.
I really don't know which is worse

One that will leave and be replaced by another equally incompetent.
Not getting rid of the other 649 of the blighters.

We should organise a protest if this ends up as a General election.
Spoiling the ballot paper where are current Mp is standing by voting for someone you haven't heard of before, and marking against the name of the current MP
"This person should be banned for life from further public office"

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apologies for the language appearing on the BBC!
@[B]damocrat[/B]
This is absolutely brilliant! ‘I said to one Cabinet Minister, why is the PM holding a vote when she’s pretty sure that she’s going to lose? And using very strong language, this Cabinet Minister said to me, “F**k knows. I’m past caring. It’s like the living dead.”’

0:43 / 0:43

3:47 PM - 28 Mar 2019

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Nearly spat out my morning coffee all over the lap top reading the following from Marina Hyde in the Guardian. I wish I had this kind of talent for writing.

"I want to assure you that when the apocalypse has come, and you’re living in the bombed-out remnants of civilisation, clad in rags and distilling drinking water from your own urine, the one crackling radio in your resistance bunker will still be bringing news of Conservative party leadership contests."

Hit the nail on the head there I think.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Just returning to the vote later today (I can’t bring myself to refer to it as a deal). If it passes, what happens with regards to the difficult bits like the Irish border? As I see it, none of the elements to which so many are opposed are addressed or satisfied, by today’s vote.

I smell a rat. What’s her strategy? Is she hoping to get this bit through today and then fudge the second part through by using some sort of mechanism / threat / lie to prevent a vote on it? If MPs walk down this path today, in full knowledge of how treacherous and useless she is, we really are up the creek.

I’m hoping the vote goes against her, takes her down and triggers a GE. No MPs are worth voting for, but I will vote, and I will try to use my vote to create a hung parliament, even if that means a cross in the Lib box. It’s too dangerous for one set of clowns to have full control at this time. A coalition of clowns is the best we can hope for, or to use what I think is the collective noun, a pratfall of clowns.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I smell a rat. What’s her strategy?
how about falling on her sword and missed it?
she knows the DUP and ERG are blackmailing her. JC can support the WA and whip Labour MPs for it. He has said no but he can still change to yes before the vote because Labour's own brexit strategy would accept the same WA.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and 50Hertz

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
how about falling on her sword and missed it?
she knows the DUP and ERG are blackmailing her. JC can support the WA and whip Labour MPs for it. He has said no but he can still change to yes before the vote because Labour's own brexit strategy would accept the same WA.
Putting the best interests of the country aside, because I believe many inside the H o C see that as a minor inconvenience to their wider personal ambitions. Would it not be in Labour’s best interest to see her fail again to further undermine her, and the Tory party’s credibility? (Assuming that it is theoretically possible to achieve less respect and credibility. A bit like 0 degrees Kelvin, a theoretical absolute.)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the darkest shades of the furthest hells I conjure thee
Tillson and Old Tom
Where art thou when there is the greatest need?
the thread needs thy unique viewpoint, as Zlatan's "assing about" is boring the "ASS" off the rest of the assembled multitude.
Do the nice Brexit Day and no doubt many more to come at this rate.:rolleyes:

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Putting the best interests of the country aside, because I believe many inside the H o C see that as a minor inconvenience to their wider personal ambitions. Would it not be in Labour’s best interest to see her fail again to further undermine her, and the Tory party’s credibility? (Assuming that it is theoretically possible to achieve less respect and credibility. A bit like 0 degrees Kelvin, a theoretical absolute.)
You dont think Labour have managed to get under zero kelvin then?
Yes, May has made some awful decisions, calling last GE probably her worst, but she has shown some positive traits,perseverance /obstinance, but Labour and Corbyn especially have not shown a single endearing quality, which has contributed a great deal to our current mess.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
To the House of commons, thought for the day
May the Brexit be with you
seems appropriate today

Bring toys and games

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You dont think Labour have managed to get under zero kelvin then?
Yes, May has made some awful decisions, calling last GE probably her worst, but she has shown some positive traits,perseverance /obstinance, but Labour and Corbyn especially have not shown a single endearing quality.
Did they follow you down?
May has throughout shown nothing but negative traits no matter how much spin is put on them.

Advertisers