Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Feel a bit like a sommelier, but could i recomend to the thread that we dont feed this noxious troll until it comes up with something worth responding to?

Just stick me on ignore you silly man. You sound like a kid in a playground trying to get a gang together because you are scared of me.

Truly pathetic

Reactions: gray198 and Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Yes, I can see the word "temporary". But somewhat ironic that the powerhouse that is post-brexit Britain might prevent exporting which is one of the claimed advantages of brexit.

Brexit: NHS no-deal fears prompt call for drugs export ban
Pharmaceutical industry leaders want a temporary ban on drugs exports to prevent the NHS being hit by shortages in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
The call came from the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
It told the BBC a drop in the value of the pound would create an incentive for wholesalers to sell medicines overseas instead of to the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47742899

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
you mean it literally?
very nice weather in Southend today.

I'm cruising back from Dragonasta island. Its off the coast of Majorca. I have better connection on my phone than at @flecc S house.

Quite surprising really.

Genuinely in trepidation of this vote. I am now starting to feel the anxiety of remainers and starting to empathise. It's not a nice feeling.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I'm cruising back from Dragonasta island. Its off the coast of Majorca. I have better connection on my phone than at @flecc S house.

Quite surprising really.

Genuinely in trepidation of this vote. I am now starting to feel the anxiety of remainers and starting to empathise. It's not a nice feeling.
Very empathic. Who'd have thought housetraining russian trolls would be this easy ;^)

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Quite surprising really.
Not at all surprising, it's well known that even much of the third world has better internet and phone services than the UK. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

I am now starting to feel the anxiety of remainers and starting to empathise.
As a remainer I'm far from anxious, why would I be? If May's deal gets through it's certainly not Brexit and leaves the UK far enough within the EU to easily return to it.

If the deal doesn't get through, it's another step towards possibly losing Brexit altogether, as has been warned.

So a possible win win.

I say possible for two reasons, since as I posted long ago, I don't care either way at my age, since the outcome won't affect me to any degree. It's those very much younger who will eventually be able to determine what the effect either way has been.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Not at all surprising, it's well known that even much of the third world has better internet and phone services than the UK. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

As a remainer I'm far from anxious, why would I be? If May's deal gets through it's certainly not Brexit and leaves the UK far enough within the EU to easily return to it.

If the deal doesn't get through, it's another step towards possibly losing Brexit altogether, as has been warned.

So a possible win win.

I say possible for two reasons, since as I posted long ago, I don't care either way at my age, since the outcome won't affect me to any degree. It's those very much younger who will eventually be able to determine what the effect either way has been.
One way or another its brino (for personal reasons i prefer if its not may's)

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

So a possible win win.

My problem is like you say. It isn't brexit. We will be forced to pay 40 billion. We won't be able to make trading deals. We will still be under EU law and for what? Fishing rights.

It's a terrible situation.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
My problem is like you say. It isn't brexit. We will be forced to pay 40 billion. We won't be able to make trading deals. We will still be under EU law and for what? Fishing rights.

Well, ad you say it is your problem that it isnt brexit. Not a remain problem.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Fingers, dont rule out no deal quite yet.. The only thing that stops me being convinced it will happen is fact many of our MPs want it!!!
JA, stop being nasty. You make some good points and thought place was nicer without OG.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and Fingers

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Fingers, dont rule out no deal quite yet.. The only thing that stops me being convinced it will happen is fact many of our MPs want it!!!
JA, stop being nasty. You make some good points and thought place was nicer wuthout OG.
I'm not being nasty. I'm genuinely chuffed Fingers has transformed into such a remain empathising chap. Mays deal is an absolute travesty. Inflicted upon us by the Brexit vote. It is however still brino. So much like flecc I feel disaster has largely been averted. If you seriously still believe a hard Brexit is a good idea, I despair.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Indeed, and there could be worse to come in the years of trade negotiations, if how we've handled the last three years is anything to go by.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm not being nasty. I'm genuinely chuffed Fingers has transformed into such a remain empathising chap. Mays deal is an absolute travesty. Inflicted upon us by the Brexit vote. It is however still brino. So much like flecc I feel disaster has largely been averted. If you seriously still believe a hard Brexit is a good idea, I despair.
. Yes, fair point, and ofcourse many still think hard brexit is a good idea. Thats exactly whats causing the constipation in Parliament.
That and fact many seem to think stipping May's deal will mean Remain. It doesnt yet, it might, but nobody knows.
The massive problem for both Tory and Labour is trying not to alienate the folk that voted leave. They all fear stopping Brexit completely is a sure fire way of losing next GE. Its not a massive number of people who hold balance of power.

Advertisers