Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Throughout the entire process our government has had its hands tied behind its back by stupid remainers, moaning and knowing better,
That has to be one of the weirdest things you've posted!

How have we Remainers tied government's hands when we lost the vote? Obviously we couldn't have done, since us losing the vote meant we could be ignored, and ignored we have been.

The governments hands were tied by the Leavers winning the vote, committing them to leaving somehow, regardless of how difficult.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Tommie, I am sure we share common ground,with Ms Foster and her condemning of the award by the Mayor of San Francisco ,to Martin McGuiness RIP , .. for amongst other things his "military service "
Yes, McGuiness and his "military service"

A CO Derry woman whose husband was strapped into a van loaded with explosives and ordered by the IRA to drive to an army checkpoint has said she cannot forgive Martin McGuinness.
In what is regarded as one of worst atrocities of the Troubles, husband Patsy Gillespie (42) was forced to drive an IRA car bomb into the checkpoint at Coshquin, while his wife and children were held at gunpoint in October 1990.
As Mr Gillespie - a civilian cook at Derry army base - drove to the base on the Donegal border, the bomb was detonated by remote control, killing him and five soldiers.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/03/23/news/widow-of-co-derry-man-used-as-human-bomb-says-she-cannot-forgive-martin-mcguinness-974001/

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We should be leaving under no deal and sort the mess out that entails. EU would be equally desperate to sort it out.
the EU will be less desperate than we will be.
Germany, France, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Portugal etc won't loose sleep on it because a brexiter PM will be under pressure to keep the cost of food and cars/components down. We cut import duty on EU products and they don't cut theirs on our exports to them.
80% of the receipt of duty on UK exports to EU will go straight to the EU coffers, making up for the £11 billions net a year we pay into their budget at the moment.
That explains why they don't have to budge.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Well how on earth can you blame leavers when we havent left and are unlikely to do so because of the hate campaign endorsed and utilised by remainers typified by you.
Mays deal is the best deal on offer because of remainers.
Our best option now is no deal, calling EUs bluff and sorting the mess out. That is squarely on remainer heads.
Had country been unified and got behind the democratic decision then just may be EU would have found the desls by now. As it is they are expoitng the weakness remainers have demonstrated.
Over the past few days I have been reading some of the posts on some very pro-brexit threads elsewhere. It is deeply depressing that there is such antagonism towards those who continue to wish to remain. After all, as many times mentioned, those who wish to leave have said how much they would continue to protest and campaign for brexit even had they 2016 referendum result been the other way around. Why should I and others not continue to say that we believe that remaining is our best option?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It's amazing. Not in a good way though. He literally replied to me twice separately on the same post and said two different arguments and more peculiarly he actually managed to argue with himself in the space of two posts...

He's unhinged.
No I am not, but clearly you are not quick witted enough to keep up with the conversation, even though I deliberately use small words for your benefit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Over the past few days I have been reading some of the posts on some very pro-brexit threads elsewhere. It is deeply depressing that there is such antagonism towards those who continue to wish to remain.
many have waited since 1975.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well how on earth can you blame leavers when we havent left and are unlikely to do so because of the hate campaign endorsed and utilised by remainers typified by you.
Our best option now is no deal, calling EUs bluff and sorting the mess out. That is squarely on remainer heads.
Had country been unified and got behind the democratic decision then just may be EU would have found the desls by now. As it is they are expoitng the weakness remainers have demonstrated.
It's very simple really, try to understand

By voting to leave you created the situation we are now in
Remainers didn't cause Brexit to exist, you did
Remainers are not in power and neither main party represents them

Do you understand that, or is it too complicated?
I realise that may be hard, as you were clearly unable to understand what Brexit actually involves and the consequences attached to it.

Why did you vote for something you didn't understand?
It was obvious what was going on and that it was and remains a confidence trick worked by people who are only interested in their own advantage, and or foreign powers.
I recall you saying "You saw the possibility of doing some neat deals"

Out of curiosity what was the meaning of that phrase?

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So this ridiculous woman went rushing over to Strasbourg in an RAF plane to offer them this on bended knee and for what? She should be sacked for wasting money on this, if nothing else - how stupid is she?

"Devastating legal advice by Geoffrey Cox on Theresa May's so-called legally binding changes: "If no such demonstrable failure of either party... the UK would have no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement."
As if they care about letting the law get in the way! it hasn't on previous agreements, has it?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
And if the EU is not bluffing?. This is typical of the blame game ... . It is NOT the fault of those who wished to remain, that those empowered to negotiate found it a difficult task.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Yes, McGuiness and his "military service"

A CO Derry woman whose husband was strapped into a van loaded with explosives and ordered by the IRA to drive to an army checkpoint has said she cannot forgive Martin McGuinness.
In what is regarded as one of worst atrocities of the Troubles, husband Patsy Gillespie (42) was forced to drive an IRA car bomb into the checkpoint at Coshquin, while his wife and children were held at gunpoint in October 1990.
As Mr Gillespie - a civilian cook at Derry army base - drove to the base on the Donegal border, the bomb was detonated by remote control, killing him and five soldiers.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/03/23/news/widow-of-co-derry-man-used-as-human-bomb-says-she-cannot-forgive-martin-mcguinness-974001/
I do remember those proxy bombs, they were as obnoxious and evil a tactic as anything in history

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
As if they care about letting the law get in the way! it hasn't on previous agreements, has it?
... Is this the appropriate place to bring up the UKs Home Secretary illegal flaunting ot the UN Convention on Human Rights. and making a citizen stateless.?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There was an article in Le Point today: Comment (bien) sortir de l'Union européenne ? How to leave the European Union (correctly)?

Hint: brexit hasn't been the correct way...

Reactions: flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There was an article in Le Point today: Comment (bien) sortir de l'Union européenne ? How to leave the European Union (correctly)?

Hint: brexit hasn't been the correct way...
Speaking of correct ways,theres a blog called "only joking" with some extremely funny peter cook satirising prejudice. I recomend it for any leave voter with a sense of humour

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Speaking of correct ways,theres a blog called "only joking" with some extremely funny peter cook satirising prejudice. I recomend it for any leave voter with a sense of humour
Isn't that an oxymoron?

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's very simple really, try to understand

By voting to leave you created the situation we are now in
Remainers didn't cause Brexit to exist, you did
Remainers are not in power and neither main party represents them

Do you understand that, or is it too complicated?
I realise that may be hard, as you were clearly unable to understand what Brexit actually involves and the consequences attached to it.

Why did you vote for something you didn't understand?
It was obvious what was going on and that it was and remains a confidence trick worked by people who are only interested in their own advantage, and or foreign powers.
I recall you saying "You saw the possibility of doing some neat deals"

Out of curiosity what was the meaning of that phrase?
As usual you recall that you wish to recall. You talk utter bo!! ox is what you should recall. I, ve said that a few times.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You'd lose your Porsche, Old Tom easily beats me and possibly OG as well. Like you I have periods out of here, often missing several whole pages of posts.
I said argumentitive not vile,which is all OT is.
But OK you and OG come second and third behind him.Hardly a glorious stance by your own admission.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
As SAF used to say of Roy Keane... You could start an argument in an empty house... If the cap fits Flecc... You arent far behind OG..
Perhaps an objective assessment might help. Count the folk OG and your dear self have argued with on here. I, d bet my last Porsche you two have argued with at least double of any other poster.
"my last porsche". Shheesh man. That is so sad im speechless.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Oh ofcourse, we all forgot what a great sense of humour you have..
Today I saw a metallic gray Ford transit van with an inscription in huge professionally cut black vinyl letters on the back doors:

Mon Ford c'est de la merde!

I immediately thought of you :)

Advertisers