Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Public swinging behind no deal Brexit, as Tories and DUP urge May to invoke plan B

Support for a no-deal Brexit is growing in the face of the EU's refusal to help salvage Theresa May's deal, according to a new poll.

A survey by ComRes found that 44 per cent of the public now believe the UK should leave without a deal if Brussels refuses to make any further concessions - a six point rise from January. Less than a third (30 per cent) disagreed.

It came as 74 senior Tory activists, including more than 50 association chairman, told Mrs May that Conservative voters "do not fear a no deal exit" and "just want Brexit delivered."

Today, Steve Baker, the senior Brexiteer, and Nigel Dodds, the DUP's Westminster leader, state that it is now "inevitable" that the "unchanged" deal will be voted down on Tuesday - predicting a three figure defeat.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/09/support-no-deal-brexit-backed-public-poll-finds-growing-number/
Yes jt is becoming more likely, and do you think that that is a good thing?. The most senior manager of the NI state, only last week found it necessary to comment.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
They cannot be binding ,under your form of government. So they are non binding opinion polls.
Contrast that with a referendum in Ireland ,where because a written constitution exists,and is the legal contract between the governing and the governed, it is binding.
Now the magnitude of the fines and the reasons behind them tell a different tale than the narrative you are promoting that ..they both did wrong. .There is a difference between failing to account for sums legitimately raised,but inappropriately listed in accounts,and being fined not not actually submitting accounts or illegally channeling funds

So you were wrong then?

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Possibility May might be flying to Strasbourg shortly for last minute talks. Possible break through does anyone think?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Possibility May might be flying to Strasbourg shortly for last minute talks. Possible break through does anyone think?
I think it's a waste of time.
The ERG will sabotage any deal she may come up with.
If she fails, she has to resign and that means the next PM will be one of the ERG.
If I were in her shoes, I'd do a deal with JC.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I think it's a waste of time.
The ERG will sabotage any deal she may come up with.
If she fails, she has to resign and that means the next PM will be one of the ERG.
If I were in her shoes, I'd do a deal with JC.

It’s not just about the backstop. You are right it will voted down.

It’s a terrible ‘deal’ for us. If you can call it a deal. Great for the EU though. In fact it’s almost perfect for them

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Gove makes a play

Question?
What is Gollum's agenda?

Answer
When all hell breaks out after a No Deal Brexit, he can avoid the Blame and be PM

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and 50Hertz

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Absolutely, in the same way as trespassing and burglary are both crimes
Eh? Both misappropriated referendum monies. Both.

You said remain hadn’t. I proved remain did. There are more investigations into the remain camp going on now than leave. But why do you care?

You live in Ireland ffs.

Such a voyeur. At least accept you are wrong and don’t try and pretend it’s different because you agree with remain.

Both were wrong.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It’s not just about the backstop. You are right it will voted down.

It’s a terrible ‘deal’ for us. If you can call it a deal. Great for the EU though. In fact it’s almost perfect for them
Yes it is a terrible deal, much worse than the current situation which gives free trade to the major trading block . But significantly better than the potential situation which is no trading with any trading block.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

You said remain hadn’t. I proved remain did. There are more investigations into the remain camp going on now than leave. But why do you care?

You live in Ireland ffs.

Such a voyeur. At least accept you are wrong and don’t try and pretend it’s different because you agree with remain.

Both were wrong.
All the more reason to void the result!especially when the leave side used targeted advertisements on the basis of profiling using stolen data,which was in fact the real crime and this was using huge sums of money not the trifling sums credited to the remain campaign, and let's not forget that no one knows where that money came from. Highly probably from another state

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yes it is a terrible deal, much worse than the current situation which gives free trade to the major trading block . But significantly better than the potential situation which is no trading with any trading block.

You’re slowly getting there.

It’s about trading.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Lol. Did anyone see the press conference?

What a joke.

No deal please!

Away from these pirates. The quicker the better.

Of course. As I’ve said from day one....

We will never be allowed to leave.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
All the more reason to void the result!especially when the leave side used targeted advertisements on the basis of profiling using stolen data,which was in fact the real crime and this was using huge sums of money not the trifling sums credited to the remain campaign, and let's not forget that no one knows where that money came from. Highly probably from another state

Re run!

Lol. Priceless.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

You live in Ireland ffs.

Both were wrong.
I live within 10 miles of the EU border..so yes it does matter to me.
At the time of the running of the referendum, I had assumed that both sides had acted fairly. I was very surprised and disappointed by the result, but had assumed the process was fair.
Now the Remainers errors were of course wrong, but were the simple accounting ,tallying type. The "errors " on the Leaving side did include those types of errors. It is correct that fines be levied on any such errors

But in addition the Leave campaign included a large number of either illegal or questionable actions, using processes not intended by the election authority. In my book that is sharp practice and cheating. Others have flagged these up . That police action has not been taken,is not that there is no case to answer, but instead to reduce the febrile atmosphere.
In particular, the spending of monies to canvass votes in London, using money provided by the DUP was apparently legal..(the rules about declaring donations is softer in NI ).but using that money outside the province was never considered a possibility. Worse the source of that generous donation has and will not be disclosed.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I couldn't find a single readers comment in favour in any paper
They can sense that the possibility of a second referendum becomes firmer.

John Curtice has this to say about second referendum:

“Would be a very close to call. On average across the UK at as a whole it’s 53% for remain 47% for leave but much of the movement since 2016 comes from the views of those who did not vote in 2016. They are 2 to 1 in favour of remain but there’s very little evidence that leave voters have switched so the question is whether these voters who didn’t vote in 2016 would turn out this time.”

Advertisers