Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So what is May`s Deal?
Do you know,
Does anyone know,
Does May know.?
it's called the withdrawal agreement, in black and white, you can download it here 599 pages in PDF.
Lazy politicians don't read it before voting against it but people should read it before criticising it.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
So what is May`s Deal?
Do you know,
Does anyone know,
Does May know.?
Well since British politicans don't bother reading the 20 odd pages of the GFA , there is little chance of them reading the 500 plus pages of the WA .. But both these documents exist in the public domain. So if they don't know,it is illiteracy or invincible ignorance...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The media seem to suggest that May is moving towards staying in the customs union....lets be honest its the only logical way forward.
It overcomes the irish border problem.
It gets rid of the tariff problems...who knows the Japs may stay in the UK if the 10% tariff is eliminated.
It means we are still part of 60 plus EU trade deals...Liam Fox seems hopeless at negotiating our own.
It keeps May in power,only the ERG headbangers would be against her.
She could package it as still brexiting from immigration etc.
No downside.
KudosDave

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Interesting? only if you actually care

You mean all that is required is for Parliament to uphold the illegal result of the Referendum, making them accessories after the fact of a completely undemocratic coup .

They will end up signing May's deal

Pray tell me old friend.

How was it illegal? If true then this is outrageous. We have been cheated out of our birthright!

We must have a people's vote immediately!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Pray tell me old friend.

How was it illegal? If true then this is outrageous. We have been cheated out of our birthright!

We must have a people's vote immediately!
The illegality referred to is the funding model used..including the weird funding of a wrapper on London free newspapers,from monies channelled via the DUP resident in NI. The source of the money not adequately explained.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The illegality referred to is the funding model used..including the weird funding of a wrapper on London free newspapers,from monies channelled via the DUP resident in NI. The source of the money not adequately explained.

Yeah I'm aware of that. It happened on both sides.

I thought he said the referendum result was illegal?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So what is May`s Deal?
Do you know,
Does anyone know,
Does May know.?
Yes I do, I took the trouble to read the darned thing.... didn't you?
Just remember it's only a legal agreement, which any Conservative government will rat on at the first opportunity, just as they have on earlier ones.
Not actually worth the paper it is printed on.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The media seem to suggest that May is moving towards staying in the customs union....lets be honest its the only logical way forward.
It overcomes the irish border problem.
It gets rid of the tariff problems...who knows the Japs may stay in the UK if the 10% tariff is eliminated.
It means we are still part of 60 plus EU trade deals...Liam Fox seems hopeless at negotiating our own.
It keeps May in power,only the ERG headbangers would be against her.
She could package it as still brexiting from immigration etc.
No downside.
KudosDave
They'll sign it, it's the only way they can claim to have "Honoured the Will of the people"

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
They'll sign it, it's the only way they can claim to have "Honoured the Will of the people"

Will who? Why have you capitised will? Is it a joke or are you referring to a special William? The future King? He is not allowed to get involved. Will Carling? What Will?

What do you mean? You are so confused. It's difficult to know whether you are serious or just trolling us.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Will who? Why have you capitised will? Is it a joke or are you referring to a special William? The future King? He is not allowed to get involved. Will Carling? What Will?

What do you mean? You are so confused. It's difficult to know whether you are serious or just trolling us.
For the record I'm not the one who is confused, I have been consistent all along, you jut haven't been keeping up!

It was never the "Will of the people" was it, that's just my sense of humour, it was corrupted and should have been voided and run again, and why not?

But I am being realistic with regard to them accepting May's deal, once a customs "Fudge" has been agreed at the last minute.

What choice have they got? none of the parties involved really wants a "No Deal" exit apart from a bunch of nutters , as they know the backlash will be lethal from the public.
By voting for May's deal they at least have a chance of saving their necks.

Don't take that as meaning I'm in favour of the deal, it is the worst available choice from a leaver's point of view.

Best Choice Cancel Brexit or at least a referendum
Next Best No Deal; advantage either proof of concept, or soonest reapplication for EU membership
Worst Deal; Mays deal and years of decline before common sense sets in and we reapply for EU Membership
Since it seems no one wants the first choice, let's Crash out with no deal and get set for fireworks.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
What choice have they got? none of the parties involved really wants a "No Deal"

Public swinging behind no deal Brexit, as Tories and DUP urge May to invoke plan B

Support for a no-deal Brexit is growing in the face of the EU's refusal to help salvage Theresa May's deal, according to a new poll.

A survey by ComRes found that 44 per cent of the public now believe the UK should leave without a deal if Brussels refuses to make any further concessions - a six point rise from January. Less than a third (30 per cent) disagreed.

It came as 74 senior Tory activists, including more than 50 association chairman, told Mrs May that Conservative voters "do not fear a no deal exit" and "just want Brexit delivered."

Today, Steve Baker, the senior Brexiteer, and Nigel Dodds, the DUP's Westminster leader, state that it is now "inevitable" that the "unchanged" deal will be voted down on Tuesday - predicting a three figure defeat.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/09/support-no-deal-brexit-backed-public-poll-finds-growing-number/

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You sure about that?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/95175/fresh-fines-remain-campaigners-after-referendum-expenses

If you wish to call our referendums binding opinion polls it's really no skin off my nose BTW.
They cannot be binding ,under your form of government. So they are non binding opinion polls.
Contrast that with a referendum in Ireland ,where because a written constitution exists,and is the legal contract between the governing and the governed, it is binding.
Now the magnitude of the fines and the reasons behind them tell a different tale than the narrative you are promoting that ..they both did wrong. .There is a difference between failing to account for sums legitimately raised,but inappropriately listed in accounts,and being fined not not actually submitting accounts or illegally channeling funds

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Public swinging behind no deal Brexit, as Tories and DUP urge May to invoke plan B

Support for a no-deal Brexit is growing in the face of the EU's refusal to help salvage Theresa May's deal, according to a new poll.

A survey by ComRes found that 44 per cent of the public now believe the UK should leave without a deal if Brussels refuses to make any further concessions - a six point rise from January. Less than a third (30 per cent) disagreed.

It came as 74 senior Tory activists, including more than 50 association chairman, told Mrs May that Conservative voters "do not fear a no deal exit" and "just want Brexit delivered."

Today, Steve Baker, the senior Brexiteer, and Nigel Dodds, the DUP's Westminster leader, state that it is now "inevitable" that the "unchanged" deal will be voted down on Tuesday - predicting a three figure defeat.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/09/support-no-deal-brexit-backed-public-poll-finds-growing-number/
Have you been asleep? I brought this nonsense up yesterday, do try to keep up, but it's great news, isn't it? imagine their disappointment if it actually happens and all hell breaks out afterwards!

Advertisers