Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
No... I already share my neighborhood with very unsavoury characters. There are businessmen, golfers, SUV drivers , abattoir owners , ex republican godfathers , Politicians, Catholic clergy, even national school teachers so a deluded ex soldier will not faze me.
I smell BS.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
It appears that the Ethiopian aircrash today may have been caused by an error message from sensors on the wings telling the planes computer that a stall situation was imminent ,the computer to overcome the stall put the stabilisers into a nose down attitude.
Pilots were not aware of the new Boing MCAS system on the Max aircraft ,installed to overcome handling problems with the larger engines.
The stabilisers can be easily moved to manual mode but this needs to be done quickly to disconnect the incorrect auto mode,the pilots may not have understood and reacted quick enough.....I am told it is a standard SIM check.
Seems like planes should still be able to be flown by a pilot when needed.
KudosDave

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seems like planes should still be able to be flown by a pilot when needed.
KudosDave
Indeed, and cars driven by drivers when needed, something too few politicians and boffins seem to understand when getting over enthusiastic about autonomous cars.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
There will be no welcome home party for this EU citizen. She and her child will be brought back to Ireland,if she requests it or makes her own way here.. The DPP will determine what laws she has broken (if any),and there may well be a trial.
then once she is free she will be able to come to the UK and Ireland will be free of her

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
then once she is free she will be able to come to the UK and Ireland will be free of her
...very possibly,so she can be with her British Husband ,who is with her in Syria. Funny that the Telegraph article made little reference to that.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
...very possibly,so she can be with her British Husband ,who is with her in Syria. Funny that the Telegraph article made little reference to that.
Maybe not...

The paper said Ms Smith, who spent two years in the Irish Air Corps during Bertie Ahern’s tenure as Taoiseach, had met and married a British man in Syria who is believed to have died around two months ago.

However fear not, Leo has taken control of things..

Government jet home.
Welfare for life or career as human rights activist.
And a slot on the Late Late show but may have to share with Irish Sam and his libyan adventure.
Oh yeah and the book deal (ghostwritten by somebody who works in amnesty international)

Reactions: gray198

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Maybe not...

The paper said Ms Smith, who spent two years in the Irish Air Corps during Bertie Ahern’s tenure as Taoiseach, had met and married a British man in Syria who is believed to have died around two months ago.

However fear not, Leo has taken control of things..

Government jet home.
Welfare for life or career as human rights activist.
And a slot on the Late Late show but may have to share with Irish Sam and his libyan adventure.
Oh yeah and the book deal (ghostwritten by somebody who works in amnesty international)
Well then there would be no reason for her to go to England ,unless perhaps the childs grandparents wish her to visit. The only reason I choose to report on this matter was to preempt what would be your inane comments on the subject, in which case I have failed. And also to illustrate the way in which a civilised state behaves. One does not deny citizenship without due process. One does not imprison people without due process.
And again,at this stage I am not aware,or Indeed interested in whether she engaged as a soldier in ISIS, although considering their macho image,that is unlikely. If she has broken the laws of this country, then I trust she will be required to defend herself in a court of law. Would you not want the same for your relatives or even that British ISIS bride?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
And another brexit cracker...

No-deal Brexit 'could bring return of low-welfare egg imports'
Farming and industry groups seek government assurances for consumers and UK farmers
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/mar/10/brexit-egg-imports-return-welfare-farming-industry
Good point and I’d hate to see animal welfare suffer.

However, under EU rules, it is permissible for a knife wielding nutcase to slash an un-stunned animal’s throat in the name of backward religious garbage. The animal has to be conscious in order for it to hear the prayers of it’s killer. It’s also permissible to sell meat killed in this way without labelling it as such. This is what we need to comcer ourselves with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

However, under EU rules, it is permissible for a knife wielding nutcase to slash an un-stunned animal’s throat in the name of backward religious garbage. The animal has to be conscious in order for it to hear the prayers of it’s killer. It’s also permissible to sell meat killed in this way without labelling it as such. This is what we need to comcer ourselves with.
You mean putting the Kosher label on?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Its the same under UK rules so what is your point?
Do you think Brexit will change that?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Its the same under UK rules so what is your point?
Do you think Brexit will change that?
No, I think the EU should have passed legislation making it mandatory to clearly label whether the meat has been derived via a barbaric medieval practice which has no place in modern society.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No, I think the EU should have passed legislation making it mandatory to clearly label whether the meat has been derived via a barbaric medieval practice which has no place in modern society.
French law does make it mandatory so there is no need for an EU directive here.

Advertisers