Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How to misrepresent facts
From the Express
"Brexit BOMBSHELL: Public do NOT fear no deal Brexit says poll as deadline for May looms

On the basis of 44% support in a poll?

Droll

A survey by ComRes found that 44 percent of the public now support a no deal Brexit if Brussels refuses to make further concessions. The result is a six-point rise from January with less than 30 percent disagreeing that the UK should leave with no deal. It comes as 74 senior Tory activists told Mrs May that Tory voters “do not fear a no deal” and “just want Brexit delivered.” Senior Brexiteer Steve Baker and the DUP’s Westminster leader Nigel Dodds claimed on Saturday that Mrs May’s “unchanged” deal will inevitably be voted down on Tuesday.

Just what is fear? A mild concern that we might not have croissants for breakfast? Or dread that armageddon is round the corner?

It would be plain daft not to have some degree of anxiety - even if just for the admitted shirt-term impacts. But it might stop short of Armageddon-fear. Which leaves a chasm for interpretation.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Fascinating, your logic makes justice much easier to administer.
According to your so wise belief system
A wedding certificate can be regarded as making the person named guilty of whatever crime their partner may in your estimation have committed.

Who needs laws when we can lynch 'em, eh?
All we need is someone to denounce them.

Do you know, this sounds terribly familiar to someone of my generation.
Perhaps you would do us all, yourself included , a big favour and keep such opinions to yourself?

After all they have nothing to do with Brexit, or are you admitting that such beliefs were in fact a motivating factor, a wish to dispense with the Human Rights Laws on the grounds of fear and inconvenience?
Subject closed. They aren’t coming back.

Reactions: tommie

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A matter of months I would say. You could gert free tariff access pretty much straight away. Not my words but Malcolm Turnbulls.

He helped set up the the partnership. Just think it took the the EU what? 9 years to get this with Japan? We could do it in under 9 months.

This is what the scares the EU. A country making its own deals to suit its own people. Not having to wait an extra two years because a village from Flanders objects to a paragraph in a trade treaty with Canada.
So very much not next-day.

Flanders - where the poppies blow. Possibly the very fact that a Flanders village can make an impact shows that the EU has somewhat more democracy than is sometimes claimed? And just how much of a voice will we and our villages have in joining TPP? If it can be wrapped up inside nine months, I suggest effectively none.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
So very much not next-day.

Flanders - where the poppies blow. Possibly the very fact that a Flanders village can make an impact shows that the EU has somewhat more democracy than is sometimes claimed? And just how much of a voice will we and our villages have in joining TPP? If it can be wrapped up inside nine months, I suggest effectively none.

I think you miss the point. Probably on purpose given the little Englander choice of phrase using poppies.

The irony is using that analogy is pretty sickening tbh.

It’s not weighted fairly as a village in Doncaster doesn’t have those same rights. Neither a village in Spain. Or Italy. Or Portugal. Or Ireland.

Clueless.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Subject closed. They aren’t coming back.
We are in this stupid mess because Blair chose not to follow international law when he started his war.
Irrespective of wether individuals "think" they are in the right, exiling people is wrong, goes against law and even more so without proper investigation and trial.
If any of these people have committed crimes we should go to great lengths to enforce repatriation and make them face the law.
Dealing with it in your suggested fashion is plain wrong morally and legally. Who else do you want exiling ,much stronger case for many many others.
Lets just exile murderers, remainers, leavers? Where does it stop? Its medieval supporting such action.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Theresa May should have ensured she had parliament approval for her deal before she triggered Art 50.
Something about cart n horses.
KudosDave
I very much agree.

Even if the 2016 referendum result is being regarded as binding, I do not beleive it said "and we must be out within two years regardless the consequences".

It has taken decades to get to where we are. Just why do we have to squeeze leaving into such a tight, and unrealistic, timetable?

Reactions: Nev

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A matter of months I would say. You could gert free tariff access pretty much straight away. Not my words but Malcolm Turnbulls.

He helped set up the the partnership. Just think it took the the EU what? 9 years to get this with Japan? We could do it in under 9 months.

This is what the scares the EU. A country making its own deals to suit its own people. Not having to wait an extra two years because a village from Flanders objects to a paragraph in a trade treaty with Canada.
We don't scare the EU, how on Earth can a broken down banana republic do that?
This coutry isn't about to make deals to suit it's own "people" more likely to suit a bunch of rip off artists and foreign powers.

As you will quickly discover to your cost.

Reactions: POLLY and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It has taken decades to get to where we are. Just why do we have to squeeze leaving into such a tight, and unrealistic, timetable?
It's the expectations of the mass public. Unaware of the probems they just expected us to immediately leave.

As one Sunderland man said when interviewed, " I didn't expect all this, I expected we'd be out three days after the vote".

That widespread expectation is what the politicians are having to deal with. After all, there are some Leavers in this thread who think similarly and just want us to walk away.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
[QUOTE="Danidl, post: 489888, member: 18444",or I may wish to highlight the illegal activities of the Crowns Minister,[/QUOTE]

Or i may have to highlight the illegal activities of your close neighbour there in Dundalk?!! And i`m not talking about your MP Gerry Adams!

Irish jihadi bride Lisa Smith evacuated from Baghuz named as ex-soldier who served on Taoiseach's private plane

In an interview this scumbag said " her desire to join Isil: "No music, no smoking, no fighting, no drinking, no prostitution... you want a clean life like this, that is what you want, "
A `clean life`...Eh???!!!
nothing more clean and decent like maybe Execution, Torture, Beheading, Burning humans alive???

Will there be a Welcoming Home party or will her citizenship be revoked???

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/09/irish-jihadi-bride-lisa-smith-evacuated-baghuz-named-ex-soldier/amp/

• Agree
Reactions: 50Hertz

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
We don't scare the EU, how on Earth can a broken down banana republic do that?
This coutry isn't about to make deals to suit it's own "people" more likely to suit a bunch of rip off artists and foreign powers.

As you will quickly discover to your cost.

Back to comparing this country with Zimbabwe again.

You are clueless and cowering.

What happened to you?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
[QUOTE="Danidl, post: 489888, member: 18444",or I may wish to highlight the illegal activities of the Crowns Minister,
Or i may have to highlight the illegal activities of your close neighbour there in Dundalk?!! And i`m not talking about your MP Gerry Adams!

Irish jihadi bride Lisa Smith evacuated from Baghuz named as ex-soldier who served on Taoiseach's private plane

In an interview this scumbag said " her desire to join Isil: "No music, no smoking, no fighting, no drinking, no prostitution... you want a clean life like this, that is what you want, "
nothing more clean and decent like maybe Execution, Torture, Beheading, Burning humans alive???

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/09/irish-jihadi-bride-lisa-smith-evacuated-baghuz-named-ex-soldier/amp/[/QUOTE]

There will be no welcome home party for this EU citizen. She and her child will be brought back to Ireland,if she requests it or makes her own way here.. The DPP will determine what laws she has broken (if any),and there may well be a trial.
It is the way of the civilised world. However as if this morning, she has not requested consular assistance. There is no possibility ,as far as I am aware of revoking her citizenship. For that to occur,a law would have to be on the statute books ,prior to her leaving.
Again and again ,I need to reiterate,we are a country of laws and have a constitution. It protects both our friends and those whomever we dislike. Had NI obeyed the laws in spirit as well as fact in the period 1963 to 1969 , perhaps there would have been no "Troubles " .

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/09/irish-jihadi-bride-lisa-smith-evacuated-baghuz-named-ex-soldier/amp/

There will be no welcome home party for this EU citizen. She and her child will be brought back to Ireland,if she requests it or makes her own way here.. The DPP will determine what laws she has broken (if any),and there may well be a trial.
It is the way of the civilised world. However as if this morning, she has not requested consular assistance. There is no possibility ,as far as I am aware of revoking her citizenship. For that to occur,a law would have to be on the statute books ,prior to her leaving.
Again and again ,I need to reiterate,we are a country of laws and have a constitution. It protects both our friends and those whomever we dislike. Had NI obeyed the laws in spirit as well as fact in the period 1963 to 1969 , perhaps there would have been no "Troubles " .
Somehow I don’t think you’d be quite as enthusiastic if this scum was being housed in your neighbourhood.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Back to comparing this country with Zimbabwe again.

You are clueless and cowering.

What happened to you?
Do explain why you have brought up Zimbabwe? I have never mentioned it, EVER.
And the second line
"You are clueless and cowering."
Is simply idiotic.

Cowering from What? I want us to remain in Europe, not cower away like cowards because we can't force the other member states to do what we tell them.
And I have already forecast that trouble will result, is predicting that cowering?
Of course not, it is accepting what we will face.

Brexit is the ultimate expression of Failure and Defeat not some shining victory.
You have been conned out of Freedom and your rights by a bunch of criminals who rigged the referendum and are about to take you to the cleaners.

And all it will have achieved is to make the rich richer and the rest of us poorer in every way.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Somehow I don’t think you’d be quite as enthusiastic if this scum was being housed in your neighbourhood.
No... I already share my neighborhood with very unsavoury characters. There are businessmen, golfers, SUV drivers , abattoir owners , ex republican godfathers , Politicians, Catholic clergy, even national school teachers so a deluded ex soldier will not faze me.

Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Advertisers