Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fascinating! Brexit means Brexit! in operation

It makes sense, after all if you have set a bomb under society that could result in trouble in the streets, logic says the best strategy is to watch the explosion from a safe distance in comfort.
After all, it's not as if they give a Damn for the fate of this nation is it?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
The piece of filth which gave birth to the unfortunate child is best forgotten and you should not busy yourself commentating.

This filth chose to leave the U.K. and raise a family in an area of the world with a high infant mortality rate. Unfortunately the likely outcome prevailed. The child should have come back to the U.K. and been cared for. I don’t care and have absolutely no interest in what becomes of the terrorist filth mother and neither should you.

It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the child is alive. You can’t trust devious lying scum such as this woman. They manipulate gullible people like you, who gobble their lies up like a dog eating hot sausages.

If you want to do something, go to wherever she is and preach your silliness there.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The piece of filth which gave birth to the unfortunate child is best forgotten and you should not busy yourself commentating.

This filth chose to leave the U.K. and raise a family in an area of the world with a high infant mortality rate. Unfortunately the likely outcome prevailed. The child should have come back to the U.K. and been cared for. I don’t care and have absolutely no interest in what becomes of the terrorist filth mother and neither should you.

If you want to do something, go to wherever she is and preach your silliness there.
We are all humans, not "Filth" though it appears some lack the "Sapiens" bit.
Try not to include yourself among them
It is not for you to decide what anyone chooses to comment on.

Much sorrow and suffering have resulted from the initial systemic failures, that allowed her in the first instance to be radicalised ,and in the second to leave the country on her sister's passport.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I can't agree, many people, including babies, die of pneumonia here despite all our facilities. Overall, pneumonia is the sixth biggest cause of death in the UK. ... deaths mainly occurring in older people and children & babies under 10 years.

It cannot be assumed that our not bringing the baby back was neglect causing death and it's quite wrong to attribute blame here, given all the circumstances.
Do you really believe that?. Of course we will never know whether this was preventable, but neglect certainly occurred.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I had better get this one out, before Tommie hits his stride.
RTE are reporting that an ex Irish Army female soldier, has been detained in Syria. She is reported to have been radicalised in Ireland,and then went to Syria as part of ISIS. The Irish media and government have a name, which has been published . The response of the Irish Dept of Foreign Affairs is simple... ." All Irish citizens are entitled to Irish Consular Assistance ,. However that has not as yet been requested. "
That is the response I would have expected...

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the child is alive. You can’t trust devious lying scum such as this woman. They manipulate gullible people like you, who gobble their lies up like a dog eating hot sausages.

In my experience humanity is born out of experiencing loss,suffering oneself. It gives one a sense of empathy,shared vulnerability one hasn't had before. I'm not sure what you're lack of empathy is about. But you'll reconsider what you wrote when things start going badly wrong,as it inevitably does.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
The response of the Irish Dept of Foreign Affairs is simple... ." All Irish citizens are entitled to Irish Consular Assistance
Hah! No surprise there.

Par for the course from the Irish Authorities when it comes to any of their own connected with terrorism - they have no shame,
`Assist the terrorist in every way possible`
Why not be like those Irish gov. Ministers Haughey and Blaney , do a bit of gun-running for them into the bargain..

Every little Helps!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hah! No surprise there.

Par for the course from the Irish Authorities when it comes to any of their own connected with terrorism - they have no shame,
`Assist the terrorist in every way possible`
Why not be like those Irish gov. Ministers Haughey and Blaney , do a bit of gun-running for them into the bargain..

Every little Helps!
I do get tired correcting your infantile spewings.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
you got a little confused. The important point is to keep NI in the UK's single market and customs territory. The slightly less important point is to protect trade between NI and the ROI.
The best outcome is for the UK to remain in the EU customs union. Exports from NI to ROI will not have to pay EU's duty and suffer additional EU checks.
This needs to be clearly understood.
A hard brexit will create barriers, in the short term between NI and the ROI, on the long term in the Irish Sea when Prime Minister member of the ERG will do a deal with the EU after the UK has left the CU. That deal cannot be as good compared to a soft brexit. The ERG will sell NI down the river to protect its deal with the USA.

Whilst we are in the customs union we cannot make deals around the world.

This is a problem. For instance we could join the trans Pacific pact tomorrow and have zero tariff access to Japan, Australia, Vietnam etc. The next day.

This is why we can’t have Mays deal. It’s beyond useless. She has let the clock count down and made Eunuchs of Parliament as they will vote against no deal.

Then it’s Mays deal or never leave.

She’s a fraud.

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy and 50Hertz

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

This is a problem. For instance we could join the trans Pacific pact tomorrow and have zero tariff access to Japan, Australia, Vietnam etc. The next day.

This is why we can’t have Mays deal. It’s beyond useless. She has let the clock count down and made Eunuchs of Parliament as they will vote against no deal.

She’s a fraud.
Do you mean the "Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership"?

The one that the USA wouldn't join?

Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

not that quickly.
the Trans Pacific Partnership will still take years to negotiate.
Donald Trump threw a large spanner into the works.
The current round of negotiation since 2016 still leads to nowhere.

That's the trouble with trade negotiations, they seem to go on forever.
The EU has done a deal with all the countries in the TPP (Japan, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru).
going on our own may not yield a better deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

She’s a fraud.
And that concerns the rest of Europe in what way?. We have discussed these concepts again and again. You and others choose to believe, against any particular evidence that there is unicorn country out there. Every single one of those countries you list is very happy to sell to you, however they will be less happy to buy from you. What are the Unique Selling Points USPs as the business studies lecturers say that UK Ltd have to offer?. Bearing in mind that you are now in competition with the worlds largest trading block ,that China has almost completed its industrialisation phase .,that Japan is in a wealthy post industrial services economy, and have twice the UK population . The Vietnamese are not as wealthy as the Germans, the Australians are wealthy, but there are not much more of them than in Luxembourg.
My understanding is that the Customs Union is a temporary arrangement until such time as the UK has
a satisfactory solution to the east west or north south customs arrangements,which will prevent border posts being set up on the island of Ireland.
When those arrangements are sorted, you can buy as many irradiated and chlorine irrigated chicken carcases as you like,provided they don't get into the EU food chain.
The fact simply is that even should they wish to , UK businesses have lost the expertise in setting up the entire global supply chain structure. They like the rest if us have been reliant on the EU,to sort these things.
I try not to personally critique UK politicians, but the glaring inadequacies of the approach over the last 2.5 years is difficult to ignore. Case in point, academic courses in international business, logistics, tax management, should have been funded,and when graduates from these were well established,that would have been the time to trigger Article 50. I am partial to a particular salt salt product Maldon Salt flakes. Like many other artisan producers will it have the logistic back up to sell into Vietnam and Japan?.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

She’s a fraud.
What you mean is have sub standard trade deals around the world as we haven't got the influence we once had.
May's deal is the only option Breixteers can cling to

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How to misrepresent facts
From the Express
"Brexit BOMBSHELL: Public do NOT fear no deal Brexit says poll as deadline for May looms

On the basis of 44% support in a poll?

Droll

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Before anyone else mentions it, I thought it’s best to get this one out of the way. The Home Secretary has excluded a further two terrorists from the UK by withdrawing their citizenship. The scum in question relates tto two sisters both in their late 20s or early 30s. They have links, via support for their husbands, to the brutal beheading of western citizens. Let us not mention them again and forget their very existence, leaving them to their chosen fate, whatever that might be.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Before anyone else mentions it, I thought it’s best to get this one out of the way. The Home Secretary has excluded a further two terrorists from the UK by withdrawing their citizenship. The scum in question relates tto two sisters both in their late 20s or early 30s. They have links, via support for their husbands, to the brutal beheading of western citizens. Let us not mention them again and forget their very existence, leaving them to their chosen fate, whatever that might be.
Fascinating, your logic makes justice much easier to administer.
According to your so wise belief system
A wedding certificate can be regarded as making the person named guilty of whatever crime their partner may in your estimation have committed.

Who needs laws when we can lynch 'em, eh?
All we need is someone to denounce them.

Do you know, this sounds terribly familiar to someone of my generation.
Perhaps you would do us all, yourself included , a big favour and keep such opinions to yourself?

After all they have nothing to do with Brexit, or are you admitting that such beliefs were in fact a motivating factor, a wish to dispense with the Human Rights Laws on the grounds of fear and inconvenience?

• Disagree
Reactions: tommie and 50Hertz

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

She’s a fraud.
I rather thought that the next-day trade deal claims had been shown to be as unattainable as many of the other claimed "benefits" of brexit?

If everything had already been 100% discussed and agreed, they still couldn't even arrange a signing ceremony within a day. :)

And if you are not being literal about next-day, just how long do you think it would take to get signed up?

Added:

Just noticed this statement on the wiki page re this organisation:

The country has an overseas territory, the Pitcairn Islands, in the Pacific Ocean.

That fills me with confidence.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
What you mean is have sub standard trade deals around the world as we haven't got the influence we once had.
May's deal is the only option Breixteers can cling to

Don’t put words in my mouth, I said nothing of the sort.

Read it again before you mash away on your crumb laden keyboard.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I rather thought that the next-day trade deal claims had been shown to be as unattainable as many of the other claimed "benefits" of brexit?

If everything had already been 100% discussed and agreed, they still couldn't even arrange a signing ceremony within a day. :)

And if you are not being literal about next-day, just how long do you think it would take to get signed up?

A matter of months I would say. You could gert free tariff access pretty much straight away. Not my words but Malcolm Turnbulls.

He helped set up the the partnership. Just think it took the the EU what? 9 years to get this with Japan? We could do it in under 9 months.

This is what the scares the EU. A country making its own deals to suit its own people. Not having to wait an extra two years because a village from Flanders objects to a paragraph in a trade treaty with Canada.

Advertisers