Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Labour's membership include a lot of pro-palestinian activists - a great deal more than the conservative party.
If you add to that important numerical presence a leader who is also pro-palestinian, the synergy makes policing anti-semitism doubly difficult.
Being pro-Palestinian, passively or actively, isn't anti-semitic. It's an honourable defence of a people who are being cruelly abused by military force and theft of their land and freedoms in their own land of the West Bank.

Two United Nations resolutions which Israel has ignored say as much.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
No Deal will be stopped....May's deal doesn't go through.....Parliament votes against an Art50 extension and a second referendum is rejected.....so where next ?????
KudosDave
Under that scenario,and I expect not unreasonable scenario, the 29th March becomes a day of reckoning for the UK. No deal is the only currently legal position. There is no requirement to do anything in order to achieve No Deal status. It is the one position that the UK is powerless to enforce. Remember we are 22 working days away from that position.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Being pro-Palestinian, passively or actively, isn't anti-semitic. It's an honourable defence of a people who are being cruelly abused by military force and theft of their land and freedoms in their own land of the West Bank.

Two United Nations resolutions which Israel has ignored say as much.
Actually being pro or anti Palestinian and being anti or pro Israeli is equally pro or anti semitic, since both Ethnic Jews and Arabs are a semitic people.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Being pro-Palestinian, passively or actively, isn't anti-semitic.
it's as polarised as pro-brexit and anti-brexit.
I watched Chris Williamson - he did not say anything particularly contentious to you and me but to the victims of the abuses, it sounds very differently.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Actually being pro or anti Palestinian and being anti or pro Israeli is equally pro or anti semitic, since both Ethnic Jews and Arabs are a semitic people.
I have a few friends who are married to 'the enemy', met with families at their weddings etc. It's a difficult subject.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No Deal will be stopped....May's deal doesn't go through.....Parliament votes against an Art50 extension and a second referendum is rejected.....so where next ?????
KudosDave
if all these motions are defeated, we'll have no deal brexit by default.
That's why JRM is quite relaxed at the moment.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
it's as polarised as pro-brexit and anti-brexit.
I watched Chris Williamson - he did not say anything particularly contentious to you and me but to the victims of the abuses, it sounds very differently.
I have a few friends who are married to 'the enemy', met with families at their weddings etc. It's a difficult subject.
It's only a difficult subject because they make it so by seeking an unfair advantage for their "side" by trying to control other's free speech, rather than being impartial.

It's easy to be impartially fair, as I was in mentioning the West Bank abuse, without including the contentious Gaza Strip situation where the Palestinians undermine their own case by unwarranted rocket attacks.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
One more of Moggs lies discredited
The Government's formerly secret Cabinet no deal Brexit briefing debunks once and for all the GATT Article XXIV nonsense that Brexiters like JRM keep spouting to falsely claim we can have 10 years of tariff-free trade... https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/781768/Implications_for_Business_and_Trade_of_a_No_Deal_Exit_on_29_March_2019.pdf …

So much for No deal being a good idea, someone must have put Mogg straight and that is why he's rowing back on it!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

This must be the Big Plan we were told would apply
it's a strange political strategy. Privately educated tory brexiters have to use the language of the common people, now and then, they come up with stupid proposals like this.
I wonder if they were to speak their normal, well educated language, I know they are totally capable of, and make normal, well researched proposals (I know they are also equally capable of), would their appeal vanish? Would brexit be reversed?

Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it seems TM's short extension to complete the WA deal is OK but use it to continue negotiating won't be.

Sky News

French president Emmanuel Macron says he would only accept an extension request on #Brexit if there is a "clear objective".

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
it seems TM's short extension to complete the WA deal is OK but use it to continue negotiating won't be.

Sky News

French president Emmanuel Macron says he would only accept an extension request on #Brexit if there is a "clear objective".
There is nothing new there .That position was reiterated again and again

• Agree

Advertisers