Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No, from someone who can't write, your post was clear enough
"Yep perhaps but think on this OG, his outpourings are read by 3 or 4 million, yours are read by 3 or 4..
Had you put "people" or "individuals" on the end, you might have had a point.
See my self as "enlightened" do I?
No. I see my self as not so gullible as some, that's all.
My weakness is when I spot someone intent of making themselves appear foolish, I lend them a hand:cool:
And as they say, there is something else to take into consideration
The express "Circulation: 526,104
Is it likely that one article from a Labour Politician in the British equivalent of "Der Sturmer" would be read 3 or 4 million times?

He will be lucky to beat my score on here!

(Sorry but you have to laugh!)
I do so enjoy your posts I really do,
Much appreciated.
Sometimes you are more fun that tillson (My Favourite contributor)

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Something to make you smile
from the BBC
"
US President Donald Trump has said he accepts US intelligence agencies' conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election - despite declining to do so just a day ago.

After meeting Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin he said he could not see why Russia would meddle.

The comments drew outrage even among his own supporters.

But he told reporters that he misspoke and had meant to say he saw no reason why it was not Russia that meddled."

The Donald is like one of those joke postcards from the seaside where you could tick multiple alternative choices..only he does it afterwards!

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Groucho Marx and it seems Donald Trump

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris Johnson flouts MPs' rules after return to newspaper column
The ex-foreign secretary reprised his role at the Daily Telegraph within a week of leaving government

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/17/boris-johnson-flouts-commons-rules-after-return-to-newspaper-column

Why on earth would the rules apply to him?

The Best for Britain supporter Layla Moran, who is a Liberal Democrat MP, said: “Boris is playing a stupid game. One minute he’s flouting his position as secretary of state, the next minute he’s feathering his nest at the first opportunity. No wonder Trump likes him and sees him as a kindred spirit.

“Boris is a useless fraud who was the worst foreign secretary in modern history. He has no shame.”

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Boris Johnson flouts MPs' rules after return to newspaper column
The ex-foreign secretary reprised his role at the Daily Telegraph within a week of leaving government

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/17/boris-johnson-flouts-commons-rules-after-return-to-newspaper-column

Why on earth would the rules apply to him?

The Best for Britain supporter Layla Moran, who is a Liberal Democrat MP, said: “Boris is playing a stupid game. One minute he’s flouting his position as secretary of state, the next minute he’s feathering his nest at the first opportunity. No wonder Trump likes him and sees him as a kindred spirit.

“Boris is a useless fraud who was the worst foreign secretary in modern history. He has no shame.”
Dont knock him he, ll be PM one day.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Am I really going to quote a Green MP? Who herself quotes David Davis! Yes - I am. Right here:

The ministers behind Vote Leave should be sacked
Molly Scott Cato
The evidence from the Electoral Commission is clear – to follow through with Brexit now would be undemocratic

Those who persuaded the British people to vote for Brexit have now given up on a glorious future for global Britain. These arguments lie in tatters, buried beneath the government’s own studies into the impacts of Brexit showing it will be disastrous for the economy under any scenario. Instead, they are resorting to the “will of the people” mantra. Take Priti Patel’s recent tweet in which she says: “This is no longer an argument about whether Brexit was a good idea but is about democracy & standing by the democratic decision made by the people.” In other words, no matter how bad the consequences for all of us, we have to go ahead with Brexit because democracy demands it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/17/ministers-vote-leave-sacked-electoral-commission-brexit-undemocratic

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Dont knock him he, ll be PM one day.
At one time I would have agreed, but I think he's fatally wounded himself too many times now. He's been a terrible Foreign Secretary constantly undermining his PM, and his performance as London Mayor is now exposed to be one of utter incompetence, wasting huge sums on white elephants. For the third time he's gone back to journalism, both breaking the rules and his own solemn promises not to do so. His dishonesty has become so blatant that it's escaping no-one that he has no place in any position of responsibility. And many of his recent utterances have been childishly stupid

At the very least he would need strong support from Tory MPs, but with the majority of them remainers that's less likely now after his Brexit stance and the performances mentioned above. Finally the widespread support he once enjoyed from the public has been largely lost due to his own actions.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Plus Trump's mandate for BJ as a future PM will hopefully be the death knell of the possibility of him ever gaining leadership... though BJ was right and semi-sane when he said Trump was "out of his mind ... and... frankly unfit to hold the office of president of the United States." based on Trump's attitude about migration and London.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Independent
"
Tory MPs 'privately say loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs worth it for Brexit', Anna Soubry tells Parliament
'Nobody voted Leave on the basis that somebody with a gold-plated pension and inherited wealth will take their job away from them'

Why bother telling the politicians?
Not only is it a case they don't care
No Brexit voters want to know, or care either.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why bother telling the politicians?
Soubry talked to the camera hoping a few of the 17.4 millions will see her point.
The ERG mentioned constantly the 17.4 millions and it's a blatant lie that they all want the same things as the ERG.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Am I really going to quote a Green MP? Who herself quotes David Davis! Yes - I am. Right here:

The ministers behind Vote Leave should be sacked
Molly Scott Cato
The evidence from the Electoral Commission is clear – to follow through with Brexit now would be undemocratic

Those who persuaded the British people to vote for Brexit have now given up on a glorious future for global Britain. These arguments lie in tatters, buried beneath the government’s own studies into the impacts of Brexit showing it will be disastrous for the economy under any scenario. Instead, they are resorting to the “will of the people” mantra. Take Priti Patel’s recent tweet in which she says: “This is no longer an argument about whether Brexit was a good idea but is about democracy & standing by the democratic decision made by the people.” In other words, no matter how bad the consequences for all of us, we have to go ahead with Brexit because democracy demands it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/17/ministers-vote-leave-sacked-electoral-commission-brexit-undemocratic
Damn clever of you to find one! (green MP's have a built in natural camouflage and are as rare as Brexit opportunities)
This one is clearly dangerous, with sensible ideas like that!

However I take issue with this statement
"It is also worth noting the strong overlap between Vote Leave members and the odious European Research Group, led by Jacob Rees-Mogg, that is currently holding Theresa May hostage over her Brexit plans.

Not "odious", oh dear me no, the intent these ERG blighters is "Verminous" or better still "Treasonous"
They are attempting a getaway with their offfshore swag from the ECJ's clutches and to hell with the rest of us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I don’t agree with Rees-Mogg’s ideology but I did think he was a bright bloke.
On a recent radio programme he answered a concerned Dover resident about how traffic would be managed post Brexit.
He said...
We will have control of our borders so it will be our choice if we check the lorries coming in to England....what about illegal migrants,if the French don’t check the lorries at Calais?
The French can check the lorries at Calais,this will not affect Dover....if the outbound lorries are delayed at Calais,then it’s not possible to load the lorries at Dover....this will result as catastrophic Operation Stack.
If Calais can’t handle the traffic then the lorries can go to Rotterdam....Dover to Calais is one hour,Dover to Rotterdam is a day,you would need 100 ferries to get the trucks across.
REES-MOGG IS AN IDIOT.

He also made an amendment to scrap the current EU-UK vat regime....small businesses would go bust if they had to pay vat on entry and wait 4 months to reclaim....I do that with all my Chinese imports it does hurt cash flow,even for a medium size business.
REES-MOGG IS AN IDIOT.

How did we end up with these idiots effectively running our country?

KudosDave

Advertisers