Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I cannot stand Rees-Mogg but killing off May's tariff scheme was probably a good thing. HMRC cannot cope with one tariff arrangement,it would be bedlam if they were asked to administer two in tandem.
The EU would have blown it away anyway,the only sensible answer is to stay in the SM and CU,thats where we are headed its just we have to go through all this brexit/ERG rubbish to end up there.
KudosDave

• Informative
Reactions: tillson

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Today's vote could be more damaging for May and after Rees-Moggs games yesterday I think there could be more Tory rebels backing the Customs Union vote today....so much for May saying 'we are leaving the customs union'
May faces today a damaging Commons defeat, as Labour confirmed it would back an amendment tabled by rebel Tory MPs seeking to ensure Britain remains in a customs union after Brexit.

The prime minister’s Brexit plans could be thrown into further disarray with two more pro-EU government ministers understood to be considering quitting their roles in order to back the move on Tuesday.

Tory remainers Nicky Morgan and Stephen Hammond have tabled an amendment to the trade bill under which Britain would be forced to join a customs union with the EU if no agreement were reached on frictionless trade by 21 January 2019.

The pro-European group believes it has at least 10 Tory MPs prepared to support its plans in the vote on Tuesday night, and possibly more, with the ministers among those considering joining the rebels.
My only concern is that the Tory brexit hardliners use this as a reason to force a vote of no confidence...easy to see why May wants to break for summer recess early.
Perhaps Lib Dem Cable will turn up for this vote,he was absent yesterday and only 3 votes in it.
What a mess,the EU must find it all so amusing!!!!
KudosDave

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Today's vote could be more damaging for May and after Rees-Moggs games yesterday I think there could be more Tory rebels backing the Customs Union vote today....so much for May saying 'we are leaving the customs union'
May faces today a damaging Commons defeat, as Labour confirmed it would back an amendment tabled by rebel Tory MPs seeking to ensure Britain remains in a customs union after Brexit.

The prime minister’s Brexit plans could be thrown into further disarray with two more pro-EU government ministers understood to be considering quitting their roles in order to back the move on Tuesday.

Tory remainers Nicky Morgan and Stephen Hammond have tabled an amendment to the trade bill under which Britain would be forced to join a customs union with the EU if no agreement were reached on frictionless trade by 21 January 2019.

The pro-European group believes it has at least 10 Tory MPs prepared to support its plans in the vote on Tuesday night, and possibly more, with the ministers among those considering joining the rebels.
My only concern is that the Tory brexit hardliners use this as a reason to force a vote of no confidence...easy to see why May wants to break for summer recess early.
Perhaps Lib Dem Cable will turn up for this vote,he was absent yesterday and only 3 votes in it.
What a mess,the EU must find it all so amusing!!!!
KudosDave
Boring is more the word... Baffling, strange, absurd... Lots of words but nothing funny watching such a shambles.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Perhaps the illegal overspend by Vote Leave could be an escape for TM. She could say that the illegality affected the result such that the original vote could not be fairly relied upon and a new vote is needed.
But those who voted Leave havent experienced any pain as yet so maybe the vote will stay the same.
At least she can say that Boris lied about the £350 million....no she cant because she spoke about a 'brexit dividend' funding the £20 million to the NHS.
I have just read that Calais has already bought land to build new customs posts and truck holding post 'no-deal'.....thank goodness we have the M20 to park trucks on,hehe!!!!!
KudosDave

Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Perhaps the illegal overspend by Vote Leave could be an escape for TM. She could say that the illegality affected the result such that the original vote could not be fairly relied upon and a new vote is needed.
But those who voted Leave havent experienced any pain as yet so maybe the vote will stay the same.
At least she can say that Boris lied about the £350 million....no she cant because she spoke about a 'brexit dividend' funding the £20 million to the NHS.
I have just read that Calais has already bought land to build new customs posts and truck holding post 'no-deal'.....thank goodness we have the M20 to park trucks on,hehe!!!!!
KudosDave
Maybe this time there will be a special "boarding gate" in the fence for illegals? :rolleyes: Save them cutting holes and such...

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
",And why do they devote such efforts to attacking Britain’s case rather than urging the EU to reform itself?”

How off the wall is that comment,? .. the "remainders "with the UK have lost their say in that debate. The only debate where they could have any clout is within the UK itself .
Reading the rest of that outburst, his stance is.. well if we made a mistake, we won't admit it, as eating humble pie is more galling than dieing of starvation. .,and with our deaths we will show them what a proud people we were...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
",And why do they devote such efforts to attacking Britain’s case rather than urging the EU to reform itself?”

How off the wall is that comment,? .. the "remainders "with the UK have lost their say in that debate. The only debate where they could have any clout is within the UK itself .
Reading the rest of that outburst, his stance is.. well if we made a mistake, we won't admit it, as eating humble pie is more galling than dieing of starvation. .,and with our deaths we will show them what a proud people we were...
In French we would say orgueilleux which is the kind of pride that causes death by starving. A Trump kind of pride...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Truly if he grew another brain
It would be lonely.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Truly if he grew another brain
It would be lonely.
Yep perhaps but think on this OG, his outpourings are read by 3 or 4 million, yours are read by 3 or 4..
Its amazing how all leavers are brainless, even the extremely successful ones, where as all remainers clever, even the failures.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yep perhaps but think on this OG, his outpourings are read by 3 or 4 million, yours are read by 3 or 4..
Its amazing how all leavers are brainless, even the extremely successful ones, where as all remainers clever, even the failures.
There you go again exaggerating as usual, are you stating that 3 or 4 million people read my posts?
And that all leavers are brainless, even the extremely successful ones,where as all remainers clever, even the failures.?
Those statements are yours, and you have a habit of attributing things you say to others, don't you?
Because I don't recall saying any of these things.
But if you believe those statements of yours to be true, I shall accept your expert opinion

My comments were restricted to one individual, who's lack of understanding of the way that society operates is appalling

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
There you go again exaggerating as usual, are you stating that 3 or 4 million people read my posts?
And that all leavers are brainless, even the extremely successful ones,where as all remainers clever, even the failures.?
Those statements are yours, and you have a habit of attributing things you say to others, don't you?
Because I don't recall saying any of these things.
But if you believe those statements of yours to be true, I shall accept your expert opinion

My comments were restricted to one individual, who's lack of understanding of the way that society operates is appalling
From someone who can't read.
3 or 4 people read your posts. 3 or 4 million read Mitchell's. (The clue was in the post)
You really do see yourself as enlightened don't you OG.

Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the BBC
"
Brexit vote: Government defeats EU customs union bid

The MPs wanted the UK to join a customs union if it does not agree a free-trade deal with the EU.
But the government, which says a customs union would stop it striking new trade deals, won by 307 to 301.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From someone who can't read.
3 or 4 people read your posts. 3 or 4 million read Mitchell's. (The clue was in the post)
You really do see yourself as enlightened don't you OG.
No, from someone who can't write, your post was clear enough
"Yep perhaps but think on this OG, his outpourings are read by 3 or 4 million, yours are read by 3 or 4..
Had you put "people" or "individuals" on the end, you might have had a point.
See my self as "enlightened" do I?
No. I see my self as not so gullible as some, that's all.
My weakness is when I spot someone intent of making themselves appear foolish, I lend them a hand:cool:

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Four labour MPs ignore their own party whip meaning TM wins vote tonight. WTF is going on.

Advertisers